PDA

View Full Version : PA28 Hire Fiji

Licence to Learn
20th Apr 2017, 10:12
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of hiring a PA28 with instructor for an hour or so in Fiji. I'm arriving on honeymoon with my "to be" wife and we'd love to fly the area.

I'm a UK citizen with an EASA PPL (A).

Thanks!

troppo
20th Apr 2017, 11:13
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of hiring a PA28 with instructor for an hour or so in Fiji. I'm arriving on honeymoon with my "to be" wife and we'd love to fly the area.

I'm a UK citizen with an EASA PPL (A).

Thanks!

C172 maybe. Don't recall any PA28s here. Advance aviation and pacific flying school are about your only two options in nadi. Save the bucks and go to cloud 9 or sleeping giant zip line. Don't book through an agent at your hotel, just book direct to save $$$

troppo
20th Apr 2017, 11:15
C172 maybe. Don't recall any PA28s here. Advance aviation and pacific flying school are about your only two options in nadi. Save the bucks and go to cloud 9 or sleeping giant zip line. Don't book through an agent at your hotel, just book direct to save $$$

PS...if you want to to the flying as a pax try turtle or pacific seaplanes on a run to the yasawas...I'm sure they would entertain the extra income

Licence to Learn
20th Apr 2017, 11:22
Hi - 172 would be fine too, thanks for the info!

Dangly Bits
21st Apr 2017, 01:04
Unfortunately they have this weird rule in Fiji that in order to touch the controls, you have to have a student pilot licence which requires a medical and a police check and a pass in the Air Law exam. Otherwise it is just a joy flight and no touching the controls unless you can convince the instructor. They are pretty accomodating though but you will have to fly from the right seat for fear of CAAF noticing. They have a window in their office with binoculars permanently placed there to spy on the goings on around the tarmac.

Licence to Learn
24th Apr 2017, 14:01
Thanks for the info guys. That's a massive shame... guess I'll go for a sightseeing type flight then and hope I get a guy who's kind enough to give me a go!