PDA

View Full Version : AVM Peter S Collins, CB, AFC, BA, RAF (Rtd)

scroggs
20th Apr 2017, 10:09
My father died on 17 April 2017 at Farleigh Hospice, Chelmsford.

The funeral will be at St Andrew's Church, Boreham, Essex at 1400, 3rd May 2017.

No flowers, please. Donations to the RAFBF or Farleigh Hospice. Uniforms, with medals, where appropriate. No sad faces!

RSVP by PM or email.

Treble one
20th Apr 2017, 10:51
Sincere condolences scroggs. Met your father very briefly once at Bruntingthorpe. Could have listened to his Lightning stories all day.

newt
20th Apr 2017, 16:08
Very sorry to hear about your Dad. I never served with him but met several times at the LPG reunions! I flew the Lightning and we swapped stories! Plenty of banter I can assure you! Fly high and fast Peter!

MACH2NUMBER
20th Apr 2017, 16:28
Scroggs,
Deepest sympathy to you and all Peter's relations. Your Dad was my Station Commander at RAF Gutersloh in the early 70s and flew with us regularly. I later flew him in a Lightning out of Binbrook - he had not lost his touch, plugging in to the Victor tanker at first attempt. I also met him regularly through the 11(F)Sqn Association. An absolute gentleman and a great fighter pilot. Sorely missed.

scroggs
29th Apr 2017, 03:38
Thanks all. The funeral looks likely to be quite a WIWOL party. Been practising the 'hand combat' but still no good at it; I shall have to rely on my uncanny ability not to spill a G&T in turbulence to impress Their Airships at the wake...