PDA

View Full Version : Fedex to expand in europe?

rockon tommy
11th Jul 2002, 09:37
Word in the jungle is that Fedex are about to expand cargo ops in Europe big time. New aircraft (Turboprops)? and new operator and crews. Would need to be independant of UPS , TNT, DHL, I suppose. Good news for pilots and ground crews if its Fedex terms, as they are first class operator.Check fedex staff site at www.fedexpilot.org/)

Edited just to show de link, there ya go rockon, my friend ;)

Hogg

Engineer
11th Jul 2002, 11:02
rockon tommy

need to drop the : on the link mate for it to direct you to the correct site

:D

UpstairsDriver
11th Jul 2002, 23:27
Havent been following things around here lately, but I thought I heard Air Contractors are getting ATR's!?

Could there be a connection between this and the rumoured expansion of FedEx ops in Europe?

Who else is bidding for FedEx contracts?

neil armstrong
12th Jul 2002, 14:25
Did hear that BAC Express is looking to opperate some FedEx contracts in Europe!

Neil

Box_Mover
12th Jul 2002, 21:44
Seeing how Atlas Air has paved the way with AACS.

Will we soon see adds for crewmembers to apply for;

Federal Express Crew Services (FECS)?

Flightmech
12th Jul 2002, 22:02
(Box_Mover)

Don,t think we,ll be seeing FECS just yet! Not with the FedEx Pilots Associations "Contract". :cool:

Flightmech
12th Jul 2002, 22:06
Forgot to mention, haven,t heard anything from within the company regarding any major European expansion. Just a few new stations for the Airbus (Back to Moscow being one). There was a rumour flying round earlier this year about a possible takeover/purchase of Farnair but it seemed to just fade into the night!:cool:

teawhite1
14th Jul 2002, 10:36
Does this mean even FEWER opportunities for European resident Aircrew to get work?

:mad:

dusk2dawn
14th Jul 2002, 20:56
teawhite1 , just read the scope clauses... and may the European Court come up with a judgement in favor of europeans.

FoxHunter
14th Jul 2002, 21:59
teawhite1, Actually no FEs employed by FedEx except for a handful remaining from Tiger/Seaboard and they are on the pilot seniority list. All those fly the DC10 which no longer crosses either ocean. All crewmembers presently flying within Europe are based Memphis, TN., USA with all trips originating and terminating the same. All DC-10s will eventually be converted to MD10s and eventually a replacement will be decided on for the B727 so FEs will go the way of Radio Operators and Navigators.