PDA

View Full Version : Clint Gurry RIP

Viscount Wisley
13th Apr 2017, 17:43
It is with great regret that I post the death of Clint Gurry today. AKA Client grubby on these pages in the past. Details unknown as of now. Allison is heartbroken as are the boys. Rest in peace mate.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
14th Apr 2017, 09:26
Very sad news for Easter. I heard earlier today and thought about Clint while driving to the shops. I was fortunate to read his autobiography sometime ago but still remember the "glass eye" story which caused me to nearly drive up a telegraph pole!! What a character and may God take care of him and his family. RIP Clint +

Northerner
14th Apr 2017, 21:32
Clint was in the training section when I started at West Drayton. So sad to hear of his passing. RIP.

reggylater
15th Apr 2017, 18:58
Great bloke, taken too early. RIP Clint.

ex-EGLL
16th Apr 2017, 01:55
Very sad news, we were on 28 course together way back when, lost contact after we moved to Canada. Condolences to Allison.

Barry

NBanker
16th Apr 2017, 07:04
Very sad news. Clint and I worked together at LATCC and, I must admit, when he sent me a copy of his autobiography I turned the pages with some trepidation. In the end, I didn't know whether to be offended or relieved - probably the latter - that I didn't get a mention! :)

My great privilege to have known you, Clint. Sleep well old friend.

NB

airac
16th Apr 2017, 10:06
Sad news indeed ,had the pleasure of working with Clint many years ago at either Northern or Eastern Radar . So long ago I cant exactly recall. RIP Clint

chevvron
16th Apr 2017, 13:09
Clint, I forgive you for nicking my 'girlfriend' all those years ago at LATCC. She married another assistant when we both got cadet courses anyway!

ex-EGLL
16th Apr 2017, 14:03
A couple of people have mentioned that Clint had written an autobiography, is it still available? If so could someone point me in the right direction to buy a copy?

Thanks,

Barry

NBanker
16th Apr 2017, 14:23
I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever published commercially. As far as I know, Clint had it produced privately for his family and would lend his copy to friends on request. Unfortunately, mine was just a loan copy that I had to send it back to him but someone may have their own.
NB

kcockayne
16th Apr 2017, 14:43
I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever published commercially. As far as I know, Clint had it produced privately for his family and would lend his copy to friends on request. Unfortunately, mine was just a loan copy that I had to send it back to him but someone may have their own.
NB

Yes, this is correct. I'm sure that Clint has copies at home. If you go to the funeral, ask one of his sons about borrowing a copy. Otherwise, I will ask on your behalf.
Just seen that it's you, Barry. Might be a problem getting over from Canada ! I will ask about it, anyway. Get in touch either at the funeral, or fterwards.
Keith

ex-EGLL
16th Apr 2017, 18:42
Yes, this is correct. I'm sure that Clint has copies at home. If you go to the funeral, ask one of his sons about borrowing a copy. Otherwise, I will ask on your behalf.
Just seen that it's you, Barry. Might be a problem getting over from Canada ! I will ask about it, anyway. Get in touch either at the funeral, or fterwards.
Keith

Many thanks Keith, I'll be over in the UK for a couple of days in November coming back from S.Africa, not sure how much free time we'll have but we can discuss later. Unfortunately we won't be able to make the funeral so please pass on our condolences to Allison, and regards to others we may know who will be there.

Barry & Lyn

chevvron
17th Apr 2017, 08:50
Bob Trott had a copy a couple of years ago but may have returned it.

simon niceguy
26th Apr 2017, 10:07
Hi everyone, Simon here.

First off thank you for all your kind words, Dad could never have known he'd get his own thread on here!

Dads book was only published, at his own expense, in limited numbers. 10 copies in total. I of course have my own copy and have found two more since he passed. The offical secrets act stopped him publishing it as it lasts till your death, this is no longer an issue.... I promised him when the day came it would be published and once I’ve sort some legal advice i will honour my promise.

Funeral details are below as posted on Facebook:

The funeral will be held at Woking Crematorium on May 11th at 1015. After the short service we are planning on having a celebration of his life at Lightwater Church before moving on to the CIU club in Lightwater for some food and drink.

We ask everyone that wishes to join us to please come and send him off as he would have wanted. Dress code is whatever you want, we won't be in black so please feel free to do the same.

The crematorium will be a short service, he'd have wanted it that way. Please feel free to join the family at Woking if you wish. We have a little surprise that will bring some smiles to what otherwise is usually a sad time, it'll be marvelous.

We look forward to greeting as many people as possible during the day so we can all celebrate the passing of a great man who will be sorely missed by his mum, my mum, my brother, myself and his many friends.

We wish to thank you all for your support and kind words during the last week, it's been incredible the outpouring of love you have shown and has kept our spirits high.

Thanks again.

Simon