PDA

View Full Version : Logging in

slowjet
13th Apr 2017, 09:39
No reply from the website owners to my question. Thought I'd try here. When logging in, I am offered the choice of two other member's passwords (!). Scared to try. Might wind up in the Chilean Embassy too ! Cheers.

IBobi
13th Apr 2017, 21:24
What exactly do you mean? Can you give a step by step please?

slowjet
15th Apr 2017, 10:34
The Log-in box invites username. I do that and the lower box invites password. Below that opens an invite to use the passwords of two other members. I just type in my own password as it does not remember me even though I tick the "Remember me" box. Not really a problem but a cyber-whimp like me wonders what would happen if I accepted the use of another's password. I know both other members. I often use the computer of one of them while staying over on vacation or lay-over as I am doing right now. My host has said" go-ahead ; let's see what happens", but I don't fly planes like that either!

configsafenot
15th Apr 2017, 10:41
If you are staying with someone who also accesses this website, the ISP will be recognised and the password prompt will therefore remember that person's password and autofill...even if you use your own username, the password(s) for those at that ISP will always be remembered by the website database....especially if using their pooter

slowjet
16th Apr 2017, 10:32
Many thanks to both of you. Doesn't sound too secure though, does it ? Naive comment these days I know. Cheers. Just found my Mate's visa card............nah, just joking !

IBobi
18th Apr 2017, 00:17
I'm still not entirely certain what exactly the situation is, but it sounds to me like you are sharing a computer, and therefore a browser, and some people on that shared computer have unwisely clicked "remember me" when signing in.