PDA

View Full Version : Money Losing Frenzy

Hone22
11th Jul 2002, 02:42
Reading the latest **Heli-Ops mag there’s a very pertinent article on ac hire rates and some of the dynamics involved.

Though based on an Australian model, I’m sure a lot of the article can be applied to the industry world wide.

A few very telling truths about the customer and how price (go for the lowest) can be the only determinant when awarding contracts, even when this practice can actually place the customer (or their employees) in more danger than is/should be acceptable.

Also the bit about the customer only being the “middle man”, charging the real contractor the maximum and farming out the job for the minimum (well, Johnny was taught to be a good capitalist ).

We all know how important cashflow is but, sometimes people simply get cashflow and profit confused……………………

One operator made the very telling statement “ I would rather sit and enjoy life going broke, than work my butt off doing it”

I could go on but, for the most part this article sum’s up a lot of what I would say.

What, when is that critical mass reached, when an operator can say no!.................the rate is $XXX per hr that’s that?
:D :D :D

** A Thouroughly good mag, mentioned only as a source of reference.

edit cawse I kant spel