PDA

View Full Version : Any OATS students...?

Mr_ATPL
13th Feb 2002, 23:48
Hi

I am having a hard time getting a PASS in my last exam, which of course is INSTRUMENTS.

Therefore I am asking you guys for some help.... .If any of you should have some Instrument notes/feedback I would be more than happy if you could mail them to me or we could maybe even swap.. .(I have a lot of feedback for almost all the other exams...)

Write me an Email, anything will help.

. .THANKS!

The Boy Lard
14th Feb 2002, 11:22
Mr ATPL

Hi, I'm not able to help with notes because I've still to take Instruments, however are you aware that OATS do full day brush-up courses on Instruments for £100 for non-OATS students?

Have alook on the web site for any info, if thats no good I will find out today what the dates are and if you wish mail me on [email protected] and I'll let you know the score.

Good luck

TBL

tailscrape
14th Feb 2002, 16:07
Mr ATPL,

Mate, go and find Mike Allen if he is still at OATS. Buy him 8 cans of Bitter and he will teach you all day long.

That is what I did, except I never got him the beer!! Top man, he seems slightly crazy, but he is excellent on a one to one basis.

If you are struggling, notes will not help. You need to go through what you do not understand.

The very best of luck to you.

I cannot give you help cos I was on the last ever CAA course two years ago....

jasonjdr
14th Feb 2002, 19:11
Don't pay the £100. Just ask the instructors if you can sit in the back of a course currently doing Inst, obviously one currently covering the area you feel you need help in.

Or ask around your colleagues, there are plenty of past papers / feedback JAA q's etc available (especially with students who already have done Phase 1's) :) :) :)

cleared24right
15th Feb 2002, 17:20
Hi,

I have the feedback questions for the instrument paper, and to be quite honest there was only about 40-50% came up in the actual exam, i would definatley enquire about seeing Mike Allen though he knows his stuff!

Mr_ATPL
15th Feb 2002, 19:11
Thanks guys!!!

I would have done the OATS brush-up course if I lived in the UK, but I dont. Therefore the best I can do is read more notes and feedback to prepare for the exam.

This is also why I am asking the wannabe forum if there is an OATS student out there that wants to swap some notes/feedback for some other feedback...?

. .To "cleared24right" : . .If you had 40-50% of the questions in your feedback - we could maybe swap and you/I would have >75% of the acutual questions in our feedback.

. .Mr.APTL

259dww
16th Feb 2002, 21:34
Mike Allen is the man for the flight instruments. Go and see Steve Chesher for autoflight and engine instruments and Pete Begley for warning and recording. They cleared most things up for me!

Pete Begley
21st Feb 2002, 12:57
Thank you for your comments, I do my best. I am always willing to answer emailed questions from current Oxford Students whether Resedential or Modular etc.