PDA

View Full Version : Hangar Lease Agreement

flyboy007
10th Apr 2017, 04:12
Hi all,

Possibly looking to lease out my hangar. Does anyone have a standard lease agreement, or is there such a thing?

Would the lessor or the lesee traditionally pay for the hangar insurance?

Cheers,

coaldemon
10th Apr 2017, 05:11
Go and get the proper legal advice. Cheap Pilots....

flyboy007
10th Apr 2017, 05:37
Thanks for the constructive feedback.

I was intending to, however on the assumption that my Lawyer hasn't seen such a lease before, I thought it would be beneficial for me to have a starting point, as opposed to having one drawn up from scratch.

Ovation
10th Apr 2017, 05:55
let me google that for you (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=airport+hangar+lease+agreement+template)

Google is your friend.

troppo
10th Apr 2017, 06:34
When it come to insurance you better learn about care, custody and control. You will need your own insurance irrespective of the lesee having their own.

John Eacott
10th Apr 2017, 09:35
Is it 'your' hangar on 'your' land?

If you are a lessee on one of Australia's ex-FAC fields then there could be more hurdles than the best racehorse could manage if you are looking at sub-leasing. I had a leased hangar at Archerfield and it became an absolute nightmare to manage against the determination of AAC to oust me from the sub-lease (AAC being the primary lessee from the Federal Government).

If it is your own hangar with a secure ownership of the property and the land then leasing is no more difficult than any commercial property lease. And to answer your specific question, the lessee is responsible for insurance and that would be part of the agreement.

Aussie Bob
10th Apr 2017, 20:45
Ha! I live in a country where I just pass over some cash and park my aircraft in a lovely hanger on a farm strip. Wots insurance? Lease? You blokes are a bit suckered in by this legal and indemnity stuff.

International Trader
11th Apr 2017, 10:54
Ha! I live in a country where I just pass over some cash and park my aircraft in a lovely hanger on a farm strip. Wots insurance? Lease? You blokes are a bit suckered in by this legal and indemnity stuff.

Aussie Bob,

You obviously are not someone,deal with someone, park next to someone or even know someone who is likely to decide that ; the best way to make money in aviation is to torch that fantastic business venture machine, absolute bargain,mid life crisis, always wanted to be a pilot , 'we'll fly around the country and film it to pay for all the costs 'idea that he can not afford to operate and can't sell.

B772
11th Apr 2017, 11:28
Flyboy007

You must be new at this game.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/QM2202-1108%20Aviation%20Hangarkeepers%20Liability%20Policy.pdf

Squawk7700
11th Apr 2017, 11:38
Flyboy007

You must be new at this game.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/QM2202-1108%20Aviation%20Hangarkeepers%20Liability%20Policy.pdf

B772, unfortunately you can't attach a file directly from your PC. I can put it on a website if you want and reference it, PM me with an email and I can make it happen.

Ovation
11th Apr 2017, 23:48
QBE would likely be the largest aviation insurer/underwriter in Oz.

http://www.qbe.com.au/content/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=10025&..