PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Job

talkinair
5th Apr 2017, 22:58
I am looking to retire from my flying position...and would like to continue doing something exciting and rewarding.

I have a friend who retired, and he landed a job with a boat manufacturer.
He transports a boat to Boat Shows all over the US and Canada. Talks to show attendees and develops leads. Low stress.

I have been looking for the last few years all over the web for something similar within the aviation community (attend AirVenture and Sun-N-Fun with an aviation product or service).

Obviously most Airshow booths are manned by full-time employees, but surely there are small companies out there who would like someone to promote their aviation product without the longterm costs of employment?

Any idea where/how this search should begin?

The Range
6th Apr 2017, 18:22
Seaplanes!

GusHoneybun
6th Apr 2017, 19:07
Retirement Job = Oxymoron.....

C-141Starlifter
6th Apr 2017, 21:53
Yes, this type of work does exist. Would be best to attend these tradeshows and network. Look at which hotels are associated/sponsor the trade shows and stay there. The bars in these hotels are a great place to network.
At one time this was my work, trade show set-up...sponsors as well as attendees. Most of my work was in Africa. Biggest show are Marrakech and Pretoria but Europe has many...Berlin, Friedrichshafen etc. internet search...police shows too

JetpoweredMigrantWkr
7th Apr 2017, 21:43
Get your float rating and have fun at a beach of your choice!