PDA

View Full Version : Class One Medical, Renewal or Not?

Airlinepilot1687
3rd Apr 2017, 14:53
Hello,

I obtained my EASA Class One last year and the renewal is due soon. My question is and sorry if this has already been posted. I'm currently not quite in a position to begin my CPL, I am still building my experience and wondered what would be the case if I don't renew my Class One until I am actually ready to use it. I have heard off a few people that you can allow it to lapse but obviously I would not want to lose it if this is not the case. Please could someone shed some light on this subject for me.

Thanks in advance.

Fostex
3rd Apr 2017, 15:29
Everything you need to know here:-

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Pilot-licences/Applications/Medical/Revalidate-or-renew-an-EASA-medical-certificate/

You've got your parlance slightly wrong, if your certificate has not lapsed then you need to re-validate. Renewal comes whenever your medical has lapsed. After that date, the time period elapsed depends on the course of action you must take.

- If your certificate expired more than 2 years before your attempt to renew it, the examiner will need to assess your aero-medical records before carrying out the renewal examination
- If your certificate expired more than 5 years before then you will have to follow the same process as for initial issue