PDA

View Full Version : SFA Provision

sunshiner
28th Mar 2017, 14:02
I have tried researching official MoD sites in connection with the provision of married quarters (SFA) in the short term and beyond. I know there is no IBN to date, but I hear that MoD will be releasing a lot of SFA to the commercial sector for private sale, but retaining some SFAs where it would be too expensive for SP to rent in the commercial sector. I hear that where no SFA is provided, the MoD will increase the monthly pay rate to enable Service families to go and rent in the private sector. Anyone got any up to date Gen?

Whenurhappy
28th Mar 2017, 14:08
I have tried researching official MoD sites in connection with the provision of married quarters (SFA) in the short term and beyond. I know there is no IBN to date, but I hear that MoD will be releasing a lot of SFA to the commercial sector for private sale, but retaining some SFAs where it would be too expensive for SP to rent in the commercial sector. I hear that where no SFA is provided, the MoD will increase the monthly pay rate to enable Service families to go and rent in the private sector. Anyone got any up to date Gen?

Youa re clearly not up to date on the provision of housing where there is no SFA available. Pay is not increased; instead a company is used to source Subsitute Servie Family Accommodation ont eh open market - the aim is to find a rental property that (roughly) equates SFA. Occupants of SSFA pay the same accommodation charge as they would for 'normal' SFA. There are a few differences, but to the occupant SSFA should appear to be the same as SFA, at least in terms of costs and adminsitration.

sunshiner
28th Mar 2017, 14:14
Whenurhappy - you have just described the current system to me which I am well versed thanks. There is change afoot in 2018 ish? on how the MoD provides housing to the military. Thanks anyway

Whenurhappy
28th Mar 2017, 14:34
You'll mean something under NEM - that I don't know, as it won't affect me.

GalleyTeapot
28th Mar 2017, 14:53
Remembering of course that you may be a service person with a family but that does not necessarily entitle you to Service Families Accommodation.

Stuff
28th Mar 2017, 17:07
I think you are describing the Future Accommodation Model

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/mod-future-accommodation-model