View Full Version : Fls Stn Redundancies?

essexeng
10th Jul 2002, 11:23
Heard several rumours about up to 90 redundancies being sought off guys from the diamond hangar.Hope there is nothing in it.Any ideas?

essexeng
12th Jul 2002, 12:15
Guys,how about some feedback?The story seems to be 90 per cent of the workforce,not 90 people.If true,then surely that means the end of heavy checks in the diamond.Just light checks Easytech style.Big announcement/meeting today apparently.Also they are planning to cut the line operation by 2-3 people per shift?Anyone ITK come back.

morroccomole
12th Jul 2002, 12:17
See my post Essex, it's 90 people. No mention in the e mail of areas yet, just direct and indirect. The gist of the mail said that staff levels were too high in the summer, that would indicate to me that most cuts will be in the hangar.

essexeng
12th Jul 2002, 12:38
Thanks Morroco.Unlike you to be slow with fls rumours.Ibeat you by 2 days to this one!Sad news though.

bricklayer
12th Jul 2002, 18:04
JUST FOR THE RECORD THE TOTAL NUMBER OF JOBS TO GO AT STANSTED IS ANYTHING UPTO 90 BUT WHAT IS UNUSUAL IS THAT FROM PRODUCTION [HANGAR] A TOTAL 30 JOBS ARE TO GO ALL OF WHICH ARE LICENSED ENGINEERS?NO OTHER GRADES ARE AFFECTED FROM THE HANGAR.

essexeng
14th Jul 2002, 23:18
Your right bricklayer.Similarly on the line/amg 13 are to go.2 sae's and the rest supposedly clt grades.The shame of this is that we will lose some good guys who are clt's and it seems we will keep a lot of the dead wood who happen to have that sup/insp title.We all know who i'm talking about.