PDA

View Full Version : Flight School near to NJ

brrg
23rd Mar 2017, 09:46
Hello,

I'm from Brazil and I want to go to the USA next year to start my pilot courses, but I don't have any experience with aviation in the USA, could you please share some thoughts about specifics flight schools there? Wich one do you recommend?

Thank you :ok:

Amadis of Gaul
24th Mar 2017, 01:22
Why specifically NJ? It's cold, crowded, and very expensive.

brrg
24th Mar 2017, 01:29
I'll go to my aunt's house in Woodbridge, I will not have to pay for the stay, so that's basically why I choose NJ (please don't get me wrong). But I'm open to suggestions

night mission
27th Mar 2017, 08:03
There is an ATP school in Trenton (TTN). I don't know any details other than it is a FAR 141 school with a national reputation. Cost would be higher than local FBO's but I would expect (hope !!) that the training would be more consistent and professional. Best to look elsewhere for information on that school but it would be close to Woodbridge.

Amadis of Gaul
29th Mar 2017, 22:58
Well, the good thing about Woodbridge is that it's pretty centrally located. You'll be within a fairly easy drive to a number of GA airports, Linden being the closest. Morristown is also not too far, as is Caldwell.

I never did any flight training in NJ (but did live there), so can't tell you anything definitive about the schools.