PDA

View Full Version : Irish CAA

valve guide
22nd Mar 2017, 16:07
Looks like I will be moving to Southern Ireland with my job. Are the Irish CAA any different to the Uk CAA in terms of helicopter maintenance fees/costs and do they have a more lenient attitude towards some of the excellent kits that are available in Europe? I'm a private pilot and just flying for fun. Thanks for any info.

Langball
22nd Mar 2017, 16:18
They are the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority), not the CAA (we got rid of that crowd around 1922). The IAA don't directly set maintenance fees or costs. As for being 'lenient' they don't turn a blind eye (it that's what you mean). Sorry, but if you ask a 'wishy-washy' question you'll get an corresponding answer.

hueyracer
22nd Mar 2017, 16:25
From my experience the IAA is more supportive when it comes to aviation-they seem to have a "can-do" attitude rather than the rest of the EASA-bunch with their "canīt do" attitude....

Thatīs why they are the IAA-and not a "Committed Against Aviation"-community.

Davey Emcee
22nd Mar 2017, 16:25
Southern Ireland ?

Big Enos Burdette
22nd Mar 2017, 16:31
Southern Ireland ?

Cork, bhhhooooyyyy

Duchess_Driver
22nd Mar 2017, 16:36
Looks like I will be moving to The Republic of Ireland with my job.

There you go, fixed that for you. You'll get skinned by some referring to them as "Southern".

I've been here for a while now and have found the IAA to be much more proactive, supportive and approachable than 'on the mainland'.

valve guide
22nd Mar 2017, 17:14
They are the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority), not the CAA (we got rid of that crowd around 1922). The IAA don't directly set maintenance fees or costs. As for being 'lenient' they don't turn a blind eye (it that's what you mean). Sorry, but if you ask a 'wishy-washy' question you'll get an corresponding answer.

Don't apologise for your reply, I'm sure plenty of people will, as is seen below, get where I was coming from. In the U.K. You can fly these kits for 28 days, I was wondering if the IAA (thanks for your correction) perhaps approved these types for longer or indeed allowed them to fly in Irish Airspace as France and Italy , to name two, do. I am aware that they do not set maintenance fees etc but I wondered if there discipline was more akin to the FAA where there fees are not as high for paperwork etc as the CAA. This was a genuine question and not meant to sound wishy washy! Thank you to all the people below who have been most helpful and there was no derogatory feelings re Southern Ireland. I had original put Ireland and then thought someone might ask North or South. My father was from Co Kildare so I have no axes to grind. Cheers.

Sir Korsky
22nd Mar 2017, 19:24
so much tension here. You guys may need a Guinness or two.:ok:

pfm1000
22nd Mar 2017, 19:52
Southern Ireland ?

What's the problem Pat?

Prionsias_Ag_Eitilt
22nd Mar 2017, 21:25
What's the problem Pat?

There is no place officially called Southern Ireland! It is Ireland or in Gaelic Éire.

chopjock
22nd Mar 2017, 21:26
In my experience,The Idiots Against Aviation are just as bad or even worse than the Campaign. I think they have more investigators than there are private pilots over there. They have pretty much killed off private flying with their silly rules and relentless procedures. Absolutely nothing like the FAA in my opinion...

500 Fan
23rd Mar 2017, 14:15
When I was training for my PPL, one of my instructors referred to the IAA as the "Institute Against Aviation"! I am not sure how accurate that description has proven to be........