PDA

View Full Version : Jeppersen Roster System

mini cooper
17th Mar 2017, 06:00
I am after some info about the system as used by other airlines - I believe its used by UAL and Delta?

Why? Well lets say my company are telling "untruths" about the system, its capabilities and more importantly whether the system can use seniority or not!
To explain further we use a rotating bid group system, requests are only available in the top 2 months of the 5 group rotating system, the requests are seniority based. We can bid for 7 requests but we are told we will only get one request awarded! Preferences, we are limited to 10 preference bids per month, however we are told that the preference system cannot use seniority!

The info I have so far from one guy that used to use the system in the US was that he thought it worked well. Requests - generally awarded, however if you didn't get your requests the reason why was given on your roster. Preferences - unlimited and seniority was taken into account.

I have the jeppersen pdfs of the system and what they publicize however I would appreciate if anyone could give me a more hands on info.

Bid groups
- do you use rotating bid groups or is bidding for flights totally seniority based?

Requests
- when do you get requests - every month or limited?
- how many requests are you allowed to bid for?
- how many would you realisitcally expect to get awarded?
- are the awards of requests seniority based

Preferences
- how many can you bid for?
- how many preferences would you expect to get in any month?
- are the awards of preferences seniority based?
- how to you weight the bids - High / med / low or by numbers 1.2.3.4.5 etc

Once I get more information I can then pass it on to everyone so that they know more of the truth than the untruths we are being fed! Ultimately we can then put this to the head of flight ops and roster/planning manager to explain why they are restricting the system!

If you are not happy to reply here then please pm me. Hopefully I will get some good information from fellow aviators who are willing to help.

Thanks