PDA

View Full Version : Nil Accident or Incident Report

Smokie
14th Mar 2017, 19:54
How do I go about getting one of these? As many agencies are asking for this prior to employment. Thing is, there is absolutely nothing on the UK CAA website in this regard and after numerous emails being passed to various departments, I am still none the wiser.

A while ago there was a thread here giving details along with the License verification certificate, as both seemed to go hand in hand but again I can no longer find any info here Pprune now either....

Many thanks.

Luibar
15th Mar 2017, 12:18
I think the License Verification Letter states if you had any incident and/or accident. Therefore it should be enough for the agencies.

Superpilot
15th Mar 2017, 18:56
The CAA letter gives zero indication of incidents. How can they possibly know of any incidents abroad flown on a foreign validated license? This is going to be satisfied by a combination of letters from each airline where you previously worked indicating "no incidents or accidents" and the CAA letter (to indicate that you still have your license).

PT6Driver
16th Mar 2017, 10:28
I believe that the uk caa will issue a licence verification letter to the employer on request together with the necessary fee. There is a form for this.
5 second google search shows the form to be SRG 1160.
The agency or new employer will need to email the caa to request the letter after you have sent the payment and the fee. So I sugest you contact your prospective employer or agency to confirm acceptability.

Luibar
16th Mar 2017, 10:40
The CAA letter gives zero indication of incidents. How can they possibly know of any incidents abroad flown on a foreign validated license?

They don't, but you can request the same letter to the authority that validated your license? Just thinking because I never flown with on a foreign validated license. Although once I requested a License Verification Letter to my authority and they stated that I had any incidente/accident.

WindSheer
16th Mar 2017, 20:49
I do hope we have moved on from UK airlines not recruiting pilots who have had 'incidents'. ??

Capt Pit Bull
16th Mar 2017, 22:04
You'd hope so wouldn't you?

Anyone who (apparently) has "never had an incident" is either freshly minted or works for an outfit that doesn't report incidents....

Feather44
17th Mar 2017, 19:25
CAA UK is charging 42 pounds for the licence verification letter..... A highway holdup!!
In top of that, they will not send you any paper. You are just allowing your future employer to access your file.

Meaning 42 pounds per application. :\

victorc10
20th Mar 2017, 21:33
I know a chap who was turned down by a well known British airline because he had had an incident, they told him so, the incident he declared was an uncontained engine failure which was handled normally and successfully. That was only two years ago. ?

Smokie
21st Mar 2017, 00:28
Thanks for the replies guys. Current company have now written a letter for my next company wrt Nil Accidents or Incidents. CAA have my License Validation request. So job done, thanks again. :)

Gordomac
21st Mar 2017, 18:33
Dressed up as a hostie once, she donned my Senior Captain in the Field uniform and we dived (doved ?) into the hotac pool. Reported for an incident by jealous, boring, old, senior capt in the field. I was threatened to be placed back on short-haul only. Didn't get as far as the CAA. My engine-failure into TFS was different but none of this stopped me from getting some top offers, from top employers, years later. Chill.

tech log
22nd Mar 2017, 14:32
I know a chap who was turned down by a well known British airline because he had had an incident, they told him so, the incident he declared was an uncontained engine failure which was handled normally and successfully. That was only two years ago. ?

That is lunacy.