PDA

View Full Version : Google Drive

gehenna
14th Mar 2017, 10:03
Hi Folks

I have just started using Google Drive, and saved an Excel spreadsheet with about 8000 lines to it.

When I open this item on my pc I see all lines, yet when I do the same on an iPad I only get to see the first 4000 or so (have also tried on a different iPad with the same result).

Any ideas, please?

G0ULI
14th Mar 2017, 11:31
It may have something to do with memory limitations on the iPad. I seem to recall reading some time ago that certain aspects of iPad performance are limited to pursuade users to upgrade to a Macbook. If you must see the whole spreadsheet on an iPad and don't need to edit it, you could try saving and viewing it as a .pdf file. Also check for limitations on the number of rows that can be displayed in the spreadsheet program you are using on the iPad.

The Microsoft limit in Excel is around 65,000 rows, however the Apple iPad Numbers app seems to be limited to around 30,000 rows. This may be the source of the problem.

I know that you only have 8,000 rows, but you also have to consider how much data is in each row and the fixed amount of memory in an iPad.

gehenna
15th Mar 2017, 07:17
GOULI

Thank you for that information. Looks as if I expect too much from the iPad. I'll have to save a copy in PDF format, and take it from there.