PDA

View Full Version : Crash in Carlingford, Ireland March 2017

LA4200
13th Mar 2017, 10:27
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/father-and-son-hurt-in-helicopter-crash-named-781308.html

Two men were being treated in hospital last night after the helicopter that they were flying crash-landed in a garden not far from their home, writes Noel Baker.

The incident occurred at around 5.15pm when the three-seater Enstron light helicopter crashed into a copse of trees in a garden near the bottom of Top Hill in Carlingford in Co Louth.

It is understood that Donie Marron, a noted pilot from the area, was on board, as well as his son, Dustin.

It is believed Donie is a brother of Kevin, a well-known journalist who was among the nine men who died in the Beaujolais plane crash of November 1984 near Eastbourne in England.

Units from the fire brigade and the ambulance service attended the scene and one of the men was airlifted to Beaumont Hospital in Dublin, while the other was taken to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda.

Gardaí said the man airlifted to Beaumont was in a serious condition, and that one of the injured men was in his 70s and the other aged in his 40s.

Jurgen Whyte, chief inspector of air accidents with the Air Accident Investigation Unit, attended the scene with an AAIU team and said: “I don’t know how anybody got out of it. This is a crash-landing.”

Mr Whyte said there appeared to be few witnesses and it would need to be determined whether the helicopter had just taken off or was due to land.

The area of trees into which it crashed is not far from Mr Marron’s property, which is understood to feature the helicopter’s regular take-off and landing area.

Non-Driver
13th Mar 2017, 13:35
Flight Global saying it was R44 G-DORM not an Enstrom. Image search seems to support black and gold livery in the news photo. Ownership details on G-INFO seem to match.

helipixman
13th Mar 2017, 15:07
G-DORM was registered to Donal Morran as recently as 27.2.17

FSXPilot
13th Mar 2017, 17:47
He used to own an Enstrom. He spanked that into the deck as well.

mickjoebill
14th Mar 2017, 00:17
Assuming the cause wasn't fuel starvation, the bladder did its job.

A few inches of crap(?) foam between your spine and the steel tube across the seat backs:(

Mickjoebill

CHARLIEOSCAR
27th Oct 2019, 18:47
Verbal diarrhoea...……………....from an unidentifiable slurry spreader, who most definitely isn't a pilot, but a wannabe, and undoubtedly has never owned a helicopter, and never will own one.

Donal, remember you are on PPRUNE.... rumour or verbal diarrhoea before any truth. The most unqualified are always the best and most accurate with diagnosing crash causes and telling everyone else how to do it just right.

Don't take it personally and remember on here fiction before fact.

Regards CO.:ok:

nomorehelosforme
27th Oct 2019, 23:05
CHARLIEOSCAR,

Nothing being taken personally, I just to wanted to describe the fsx keyboard twit for the readers, otherwise they might get the idea that he actually knew what he is spouting about.

Donie,

Not questioning FSX’s credentials, but let’s get an answer to his post. Did you previously, prior to this unfortunate accident wreck an Enstrom?

nomorehelosforme
29th Oct 2019, 00:01
His post wasn't a question, and you can use Google to answer yours.

Google doesn’t always get it right so shall ask you directly, did you or did you not previously wreck an Enstrom?

OvertHawk
29th Oct 2019, 13:01
Oh deary me...

Someone has decided that he does not want to answer the difficult questions and has scarpered.

He'd have been well advised to have left sleeping dogs to lie - No one had posted on this threadf for two years until he had his little tantrum - now we're all talking about it again.

I just hope he's learned from these two accidents - He may not have the opportunity to learn from his next one!

helipixman
31st Oct 2019, 16:11
If.... he did it might have been N280CH !

nomorehelosforme
31st Oct 2019, 17:11

Here is the AAIU accident report for that one, interesting that the pilot didn't appear to be properly licensed....

http://www.aaiu.ie/sites/default/files/report-attachments/REPORT%202016-011_0.pdf

OvertHawk
31st Oct 2019, 17:16

I apologise wholeheartedly for my earlier cynicism. Seems like this gentleman is a shining example of professionalism, airmanship and compliance.

How dare we question him!