PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL question bank!!!!!!

Kapooley
9th Jul 2002, 19:05
Just read WWW's post and heard various rumours that the JAA are going to publish the whole ATPL question bank.

Whilst this is good news for people who wish to take the exams in a few years (when they have access to the question bank) it is most unfair to the people who have either spent many pounds on books, time and much effort passing these damn exams when someone, a few years down the line can get the whole question bank!!:mad: :mad:

If this was there intention- they should have published the question bank from the start not introduce it 4 years into JAR!:mad: :mad:

Does anyone know when the question bank will be available from, are we talking 6 months or 6 years??

People talk about GCSEs and A-Levels becoming easier, this takes the pi@@

CAT3C AUTOLAND
9th Jul 2002, 19:38
I agree. I have not taken my ATPL writtens yet (due to start next year), but cannot understand it.

I had similar thoughts with the PPL confuser, anyone can learn exam papers parrot fashion and pass exams, however, I would like to think that people who are genuinly interested and want a thorough understanding will study the course material? On saying that it does provide that temptation for people to 'relax'!!:eek:

VFE
9th Jul 2002, 21:17
Have to say I am undecided about the rumoured release of the JAR question bank. From a professional point of view I cannot see that it will improve the quality of pilots getting through that's for sure but on the other hand at least groundschool instructors can weed out the many "dodgy" questions that currently exist.

From a personal point of view it would be nice to get a peek at the questions obviously, but to think that one could learn them all and pass? Hmmm, pushing it me thinks!

If I was forced into a corner I would say that it is not a good idea but then why do we bother with feedback from previous students? ;) Be honest!

VFE.

Poontang Luva
11th Jul 2002, 04:00
WWW since you started this rumor up on another thread, would you care to elaborate?

Please :D

TheDrop
11th Jul 2002, 20:21
If they would just take all the stupid questions away, and remove from Learning objectives all the memorizing stuff that is not required in the REAL world of flying. It is OK that pilots of today and tomorrow have a real thorough understanding of systems, laws, aerodynamics, navigation, but some of it is so far out, outdated and into academic detail that it has no place !

I wish the ATPL education could concentrate on what is important, and not what some JAA desk pilot think is fun to ask about ! And the questions in themselves are so complicated that often one cannot find the correct answer, even though the understanding of the subject in itself is perfect.

Sorry to say, but any school that boasts that they have a high pass rate is only because they focus mainly on feedback questions instead of teaching. Have heard of places without textbooks - only memorizing questions !!!

Too bad it has to be this way ...

Grivation
11th Jul 2002, 21:23
And what's the deal with having an Air Law exam that isn't open book.

In the real world if I can't remember something I look it up!