PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ATPL to CASA ATPL Conversion

Chipsandgravy
9th Mar 2017, 22:12
I hope someone can help!
I'm in the RAF and am working towards my EASA ATPL. Once the exams are finally done and I pass skills tests and medicals, I'll have the Frozen ATPL / CPL.

I have access to an Australian Visa so am looking at options of emigrating there after I leave the military. Does anyone know if I'll need to do a full CASA ATPL course or whether the Frozen EASA ATPL will qualify me for the 2 exam bridging package (plus medical and skills test there).

Any help will be greatfully received!

Runaway Gun
10th Mar 2017, 04:57
I can't recall exactly how many ATOL exams you will have to do, but I can ask a former RAF Herk mate for his experiences.
You may also have to do a MECIR practise and flight test (and IREX theory), and apply for an ASIC (security pass).
CASA have also invented a new MCC rating too - which off course won't recognise your Multi-Crew experience in those blasted British flying machines...

Feel free to PM me.

D-IFF_ident
10th Mar 2017, 05:47
A 'friend' moved to Aus about 10 years ago with a UK CAA Frozen ATPL. CASA do not recognise frozen ATPLs and, therefore, only recognised the CPL part. His requirements per CASA were:

CPL Air Law Exam
IREX Exam

All 7 CASA ATPL Theory exams

Combined ATPL/CPL skills test - completed on a ZFT TR course with a major airline.

The airline then managed the package of tests and exam results and sent them all off to CASA - by return was a CASA ATPL and Type Rating. Took them about a year altogether, but they were sponsored by the employer.