PDA

View Full Version : JAA Approved medical Exam centers in Holland

JJflyer
16th Jan 2001, 19:24
Any phone numbers or websites where Icould find info about JAA approved medical exam centers in Netherlands in the Amsterdam area to be specific.

I need to obtain a medical for ATPL level.

Thanx in advance

JJ

Flypuppy
16th Jan 2001, 19:40
I believe that there is only one center for Class 1 Medicals and that is at Soesterberg Air Force base.

The phone number for the RLD is 023-5663000.
You can only phone between 0900 and 1200 weekdays. They will be able to book the medical for you.

airnomad
16th Jan 2001, 23:12
Hi
you'll find information here:

http://www.aeromed.nl/

All the best

airnomad

TAF Oscar
16th Jan 2001, 23:28
JJ

phone number for Soesterberg is 0346-33 43 00.

Watch out if you're doing your training outside of the Netherlands and especially outside JAA-land, they're very touchy about it. I had a Class 2 medical arranged and they cancelled it at 2 days notice when they found out I would be training in the US, and they weren't exactly polite about it either. Quote: "We stick to the rules here. If you will be flying in Holland and you want a medical in Holland then you also have to train in Holland".

If you can read Dutch check out the Piloten Forum for discussions on medicals in NL:
http://cgi.niesjewolters.nl/Ultimate.cgi

Veel plezier!
TAFO

JJflyer
17th Jan 2001, 01:01
That was easy.. Thank you.

JJ

DH2O
17th Jan 2001, 12:48
Is a class 1 medical (under JAR) issued by the aeromed centre in Soesterberg also valid for flying on a CAA (national) cpl/atpl? Or do I have to travel to Gatwick for it?

JJflyer
17th Jan 2001, 23:24
Nooo I donīt think you need to travel... I was told to get the medical from a " JAA approveded medical center " for my RLD CPL/ Inst validation.

JJ

TAF Oscar
17th Jan 2001, 23:32
The CAA will definitely accept a Soesterberg medical for the issue of a licence (just remember you have to send the original paperwork, not copies). A friend of mine has just successfully done this. In fact it's probably her fault that Soesterberg is now on the lookout for people training/flying outside JAA-land, she didn't mention it until the medical was done...

TAFO