PDA

View Full Version : Regulatory aspect of the PIL

flyby797
7th Mar 2017, 16:16
Hello everyone, is it mandatory to print a new PIL when there are missing passengers? Thanks

wiggy
8th Mar 2017, 06:56
It might be a local/national/airline rules thing but FWIW we don't even need a PIL on board at all to legally depart (but we usually get one on paper or electonically). We certainly wouldn't delay departure for a reprint or a new print out for e.g. missing passengers.

OTOH I assume legally at least someone on the ground must have an up to date list/PIL.

scr1
8th Mar 2017, 07:17
In nearly 20 years of dispatching I have never reprinted a pax list for the crew due missing pax

flyby797
12th Mar 2017, 16:23
Thanks for your responses!

Piltdown Man
13th Mar 2017, 08:54
I not so sure that legally you even need a list of passengers. You should really know how many you have for weight and balance and that any baggage on board belongs to those who are flying (with appropriate exceptions). But common sense says once should be a available somewhere and a copy on board can be useful. But I certainly won't wait for a printed or electronic copy if it means a delay.

PM

ps. Missing passengers, paper PIL? Why not cross out the names of the misssing PAX.