PDA

View Full Version : Light plane down in Tumut, west of Canberra

mickjoebill
5th Mar 2017, 00:49
ABC news reporting a pilot has been hospitalised after a "self made" plane crashed at Tumut, west of Canberra

Video taken by first responder suggests there was a post crash fire that was extinguished.
The pilot appears ok in the video.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-05/plane-crashes-at-tumut-leaving-pilot-in-hospital/8325838?pfmredir=sm

Mickjoebill

onetrack
5th Mar 2017, 01:55
The pilot appears ok in the video.

No, I'd suggest he's not O.K. Definitely suffering from shock, and probably suffering from pelvic or vertebrae fractures as well, and it's more than likely going to be a long period of convalescence for him.
The high level of downward G-forces in the crash landing is clearly indicated by the downwards fracturing of both wings.

Pilot sits in shock after crash landing into NSW paddock (http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/03/05/09/09/pilot-sits-in-shock-after-crash-landing-into-new-south-wales-paddock)

rjtjrt
5th Mar 2017, 02:18
Good work by the bystanders to get the fire out. Lucky little wind to get fire away in grass.
Fortunate someone had an extinguisher (in car).

currawong
5th Mar 2017, 02:20
Pretty rude the media posting footage of a clearly injured pilot post crash.

Desert Flower
5th Mar 2017, 02:35
From the footage I saw on TV this morning (same as shown in the video) it was clear that he was in a bad way. Was appalled that the person talking to him told him to roll over onto his back!

DF.

mickjoebill
5th Mar 2017, 19:54
It's a video, I wrote he appears ok.

Pretty rude the media posting footage of a clearly injured pilot post crash.

Corporate and state media have policy on showing victims in distress.

I suggest that the public would not think he is in (much) distress.

Mickjoebill

Desert Flower
5th Mar 2017, 22:29
It's a video, I wrote he appears ok.

Corporate and state media have policy on showing victims in distress.

I suggest that the public would not think he is in (much) distress.

Mickjoebill
Are you kidding? If you think the public would not think he was in much distress then there's something wrong with you!

DF.