PDA

View Full Version : Loans

Final Destination
16th Jan 2001, 18:16
Has anyone ever taken out a £50k loan for pilot training and then passed the training and then gone on to get a job.If so could they let me know how they done.
Thanks FD

Baldrick's trousers
21st Jan 2001, 18:53
I would like to know also. I work for an airline on the ground but would love to fly!!!!. If anyone has any advice I would be grateful.

------------------
"All they got wrong was the name....they called it Pandora's box, when of course they meant Baldrick's trousers"

EvilTwinRating
23rd Jan 2001, 01:36
Funny you should ask

I just got the letter to say yep from the bank 2day.

I plan to start training early next year @ Oxford and at the moment all I can tell you is that if you are young and don't have a rich Mummy & Daddy its gonna be a long hard slog-and thats just to GET the cash!!

It took me 7 months to get from initial phone calls to the offer letter.

Just make sure that when you approach the bank that you know all the facts about the course, how you will cover the repayments while training, job prospects (best that you have a good lie made up for that one!! !)
and all the rest.

Just remember that it can be done-I'm young don't have rich parents and my income is nothing spectacular and I still convinced them to give me the ££$$$£££!-Just stick at it.

Good luck
ETR

Final Destination
23rd Jan 2001, 02:08
Thanks EvilTwinRating for the advice and good luck with your training.
Cheers FD :)