PDA

View Full Version : Am I to skinny to be a cabin crew member?

artangels94
3rd Mar 2017, 00:26
Hi everyone,

I'm from El Salvador and recently one of my closest friends started working for Qatar Airways.

I just noticed how much he likes his job and I've always dreamed about becoming a flight attendant as well so I've been overthinking about something, here's what I've been thinking:

I'm 1.80 meters tall however I am very skinny, I weight 125 lbs so I've been scared that they will reject me because I'm very skinny. I'm very healthy and I don't have any decease either. So do you think that they can reject me for being too skinny? I'm a 22 years old man, my english is very fluent and I think I'm good looking as well but I'm so afraid they will reject me because of my weight.

Please any advise will help. This dream is too big for me and I'm waiting for them to come back to El Salvador. :ok:

Piltdown Man
3rd Mar 2017, 09:17
There is only one way to find out. Give it a go! After all, what do you have to lose?

PM

PDR1
3rd Mar 2017, 09:23
Whether they reject you for looks will be down to the specific airline. But you must be strong enough to operate the "worst case test sample" cabin door mechanism. They actually test you for this because it's a regulatory requirement. Many skinny (size 6 or less) women have had a problem with this, so if your upper body or arm strength is lower than typical you may want to pump some iron in the gym to build up some biceps before applying.

PDR

Octane
4th Mar 2017, 02:00
Artangels94,

If your dreams and passion is to be a Flight Attendant, you are half way there! Please don't get depressed and bogged down by your weight issue . Think positive and use your motivation to solve the issue. Find a decent gym, exercise, eat well, work at it hard and you won't recognize yourself in 3 months! I too was once your weight and height and it depressed me no end. A good friend got me into the exercise and I found I really enjoyed it and it improved my self esteem enormously. The hard bit is getting started. You have all the reasons in the world to do it. Please give it a go!
Remember 90% of people have the opposite problem. let us know how you go. Good luck with it all.
Cheers
Octane