View Full Version : CTC Vs. Barcelona Flight School - Opinions sought

Easy_P
2nd Mar 2017, 12:03
Hello all,

I am looking to embark on an integrated 0-ATPL type course later this year and have arrived at a question (where my aim is to secure a job with a major airline based in the UK). I would be really grateful of any answers or criticism from the forum.

In order to get a top job, do I have to pay to go to a top school if I am confident in securing the same grades (and display excellent interview technique) from elsewhere?

My view below. Any comments very welcome.

Top Tier schools: CTC/FTEJerez etc.
- Personal total costs estimate (inc. living), ca. £105,000
- CTC etc. are max cost for max job security upon course exit
- Can't tell how much value the brands add through all the sales patter

Second Tier school: Barcelona Flight School
- Personal total costs estimate (inc. living), ca. £65,000
- Emerge with vastly lower debt and an identical qualification - will the school it was awarded by limit my job chances?

Please help - I want to fully understand my options though it's hard to understand the reality when you're being sold a very expensive product!

Reverserbucket
2nd Mar 2017, 13:32
There are other options as well though; have you considered Modular from a cost perspective? You may well find your employment prospects better following a modular path in the UK than your definition of a second tier school in other parts of the EU. Ultimately, securing a job is largely down to you despite the sales pitch that where you train makes a difference. Integrated offers a consistent pace of training in a predictable timeframe but properly managed, modular can offer the same and frankly, at the moment, if you can demonstrate that you have a bit of motivation and come across well at interview, you could find employment at a number of decent UK operators.

Having said that, where my aim is to secure a job with a major airline based in the UK might restrict you a bit.