PDA

View Full Version : A 380 Meteor

Rotor Work
28th Feb 2017, 08:08
From The Mercury, Hobart.

Spotted flying over Hobart this morning:

No Cookies | The Mercury (http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/doubt-cast-over-meteor-sightings-over-hobart-with-plane-contrails-the-likely-explanation/news-story/c7e240f304a3219a269efa7ad597eb5d)

PoppaJo
28th Feb 2017, 09:25
The next two mornings are going to be a clear and magnificent sunrise in Melbourne, this particular flight has been crossing Melbourne/Surf Coast at about 6am.

It flew across Melbourne the other day on dawn, the most spectacular thing I have ever seen in a while, viewing from the isolated countryside.

compressor stall
28th Feb 2017, 10:18
I saw it this morning in Hobart. Spectacular enough to stop me as I started my brief, but pretty obvious what it was.

haughtney1
28th Feb 2017, 11:34
I saw it this morning in Hobart. Spectacular enough to stop me as I started my brief, but pretty obvious what it was.

Wow....an interrupted brief in Australia? Don't you file an ASR and involve CASA for that?

Derfred
28th Feb 2017, 12:24
Wow....an interrupted brief in Australia? Don't you file an ASR and involve CASA for that?

Yes, you most certainly do. And you must submit yourself for a DAMP test, 6 weeks of psychological counselling, re-do Safety and Security Awareness, Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity Employment, and a week of remedial Emergency Procedures training prior to even considering asking CASA for your medical renewal. And then of course a Police Check and another 6 weeks wait for your ASIC renewal. Did I leave anything out? It's hard to keep up these days...

The Bullwinkle
28th Feb 2017, 21:45
Did I leave anything out?
Only the most important one........ White Ribbon Day awareness course!
You mysoginist! :=

Dan_Brown
1st Mar 2017, 13:36
I dont believe it is an aircraft as we know it. The reason is i don't see the profile of an aircraft (even at the camera angle in this example) which i would expect. Where is the "clear air" from the engine exhaust to the beginning of the contrail/chemtrail?

Now the "academics" say it's a contrail. I call BS on this. When they are smart enough to cure the common cold for example i may believe them.

compressor stall
1st Mar 2017, 19:34
Good for you Dan. Believe what you like.

I saw it, I figured it was a contrail, albeit unusual. There are clinchers. First that it moved in the lower eastern part of sky over a period of several minutes at a speed impossible for space junk or a meteor. and too fast to be the remnant cloud of similar (both of which I have seen at other times).

Secondly, flightradar 24 shows an Emirates A380 in a position east of Hobart at approx 201702271940Z.

It was dawn so it was being lit up underneath from our ground perspective.

But as I said I respect your right to believe what you will. It doesn't make you right though.

wheels_down
1st Mar 2017, 19:51
Dan Brown. Idiot of the Year 2017 Pprune award.

SixDemonBag
1st Mar 2017, 21:07
I dont believe it is an aircraft as we know it. The reason is i don't see the profile of an aircraft (even at the camera angle in this example) which i would expect. Where is the "clear air" from the engine exhaust to the beginning of the contrail/chemtrail?

Now the "academics" say it's a contrail. I call BS on this. When they are smart enough to cure the common cold for example i may believe them.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyLZ-tednWJ96twMJOO8XC_NOMZs4svdA4cezfHpCElWClxcMAMAbLRlNIPQ

Dan_Brown
1st Mar 2017, 21:15
CS

Flight Radar not so long ago, showed an a/c being tracked crossing the Tasman sea East to West at "impossible" speed. Do you believe all you see on flight trackers?

Wheels down.

Don't be so silly.

tail wheel
2nd Mar 2017, 00:14
Definitely alien chemtrails............ :ok:

Willoz269
2nd Mar 2017, 00:33
There is a difference between Belief and Knowledge. An A380 high in cruise seen from slightly above instead of below

https://youtu.be/xl6iR7w7a_Q

LostProperty
2nd Mar 2017, 05:21
Definitely alien chemtrails............ :ok:
Yeah and those aliens probably have a fleet of ships too because I'd reckon a different one probably turns up most mornings about the same time and same place. Some, however, possibly run out of the evil juice before they get to Tassie so then they look just like a passing A380.

donpizmeov
2nd Mar 2017, 05:52
I guess a cargo cult type thing could now develop in Tassie. It's the problem when modern world mixes with closed ancient society. Kind of like when electricity is sometimes on in South Australia.

ACMS
2nd Mar 2017, 07:54
Listen Dan........stop being a Richard Cranium......:{

I've been flying for years and years observing vapor trails from other Aircraft above and below me and I can categorically tell you that it WAS an A380 or other LARGE 4 Engine Jet leaving that trail.
I can even see the trail curling in the wing top vortices for Christ sake.:hmm:
It's typical of a vapor trail that dissipates quickly and doesn't hang around for ages like some.

Not only that a Meteorite would be moving one hell of a lot faster than that burning up on entry and yes I've seen them too.....

Idiot of the year is right......:D

IsDon
2nd Mar 2017, 08:04
I guess a cargo cult type thing could now develop in Tassie. It's the problem when modern world mixes with closed ancient society. Kind of like when electricity is sometimes on in South Australia.

Love it. :D

Ascend Charlie
3rd Mar 2017, 03:57
Loved the end piece:
Others suggested it was from the International Space Station, which actually flew over last night.

Oh dear, Skylab is falling again...

ranmar850
4th Mar 2017, 04:01
Flying overhead Hobart, to Auckland? Long way around, normally track overhead Melbourne, from Perth, every such flight I've been on?

whitebait
4th Mar 2017, 08:05
Yep, was onboard that particular flight and we definitely went over Tassie. Was having a whisky at the bar at the time..

Ex FSO GRIFFO
4th Mar 2017, 08:20
Mon 20th Feb....Flt NZ177 NZAK to YPPH, actually flew just to de South of Strahan on de way home.....Lovely to see de Tassie coastline disappearing into de haze.....

We departed from NZAK behind the Emirates '380' and on the climb were not that far behind him and to the left, and his contrails very similar for a while, going thru the various levels....

Xlnt cabin service too.....

Cheers :ok:

B772
5th Mar 2017, 01:32
ranmar850

Depending upon the winds you sometimes get a Cooks Tour for no extra charge. BNE-DRW via MKY, CGK-SYD via ADL, SYD-PER via MEL.

NZ to PER/Middle East via HBA is very common.

onetrack
5th Mar 2017, 01:49
How long have they been adding that golden colouring additive to the chemtrail fluid? I bet that stuff is carcinogenic, too. :(

Stationair8
5th Mar 2017, 01:54
Would aliens actually want to land in Tasmania?

Would it not be simpler to land at Tullamarine with full customs service available and radar controlled airspace. Dick is always on about the dangers of flying into Hobart, with that 1930's airspace and no radar.

unionist1974
5th Mar 2017, 07:00
They are coming , they are all over the skies , those little green men ( or shhoud I be PC and say persons ) and no one believes me . Ha Ha Ha

C441
5th Mar 2017, 07:07
Would aliens actually want to land in Tasmania?

Obviously none of you lot watched "The Kettering Incident" (https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/feb/16/kettering-incident-tasmania-answer-to-twin-peaks-real-marigold-hotel) - lucky, some might say…..

The 1978 disappearance of Frederick Valentich rates a quiet mention a few times.

Selfloading
5th Mar 2017, 10:18
So it's true, people do still point at aircraft in Tasmania.

Keg
5th Mar 2017, 10:23
Flying overhead Hobart, to Auckland? Long way around, normally track overhead Melbourne, from Perth, every such flight I've been on?

I flew PER- AKL a few weeks back and we were well south of Hobart. Just depends on the winds that evening.