PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Redirect URL error

Octane
28th Feb 2017, 02:01
After 15 odd years I'm getting this error. I've changed nothing with my computer, wifi etc. The search function is not working since I can't log in.
I'm using Android to write this but have noticed that the "view full site" tab doesn't work on either of my Android devices any more.
Can someone please shed some light on what's going on.
Cheers

Octane

Octane
1st Mar 2017, 22:20
Anybody? :-(

darkroomsource
2nd Mar 2017, 06:23
Everywhere? or just one particular web site?

Guest 112233
2nd Mar 2017, 15:03
Yes I'm getting these Invalid Redirect URL error across any number of sites. PS just received a phone call from a Mr "Kevin Parker". A mail Asian voice, pro-porting to be from BT He had my EM address to hand and Asked a vague question if "My Internet was behaving strangely or if I had an increased Spam load recently."

I said that I was out; but politely asked him to call at the same time tomorrow, as I was "out" and could not discuss "CAT III's" details with an unknown party, and promised to pass on his request to "Myself" so that he can contact Mr CAT III tomorrow at the same agreed time.

I'm just about to EM "BT Tech Faults recording" - Watch this space.

Anyone with a Linkedin A/C (active or otherwise) be on you guard !

I have made the usual Pwned EM checks and nothing so far but.....

CAT III

andytug
2nd Mar 2017, 15:05
If you haven't already, would recommend a scan of your PC with Malwarebytes and/or Spybot Search and Destroy, just in case.

Guest 112233
2nd Mar 2017, 15:44
Thank you re both issues. The linux box has been scanned with Clam (Its a sort of Malware bytes broad equivalent) No probs - Scanning the Win 8.1 P/C as I type this.

I'm referring to both problems so as not to confuse people.

CAT III

andytug
2nd Mar 2017, 16:49
You're getting it on two different machines, one Linux one Windows?

Wonder if it's a Dns issue, maybe try setting the Windows laptop to use Google Dns or OpenDNS and see if anything changes?

Guest 112233
2nd Mar 2017, 17:10
Please everyone: remember the OP comes first in all of this.

Andytug: They are both Open DNS (a common factor) Will try Google DNS - Malwarebytes on Win 8.1 PC did not find problem.

In the worst instance I'm beginning to suspect the router its self - I will re set it tonight.

CAT III

andytug
2nd Mar 2017, 19:50
Yes, router reboot may help in these cases. Would give it a couple of minutes switched off to be sure.

Octane
3rd Mar 2017, 07:36
Hi all,

Only happens with Pprune and I've narrowed it down to Chrome only. Firefox is fine, just not my preferred browser. Changing routers no effect and no viruses/ malware present.

Still have the problem viewing the full Pprune site with both Android devices however. The button to do so is inactive. Odd, used to work..
Thanks
Octane

andytug
3rd Mar 2017, 07:50
Pprune does odd things on my Android too (Firefox mobile browser). Every post gives a "post is too short" error, but if you hit back button then post again it's fine. Also edit post appears to work but the post doesn't change.