PDA

View Full Version : Time To Win

Mill Worker
26th Feb 2017, 02:13
We could try some minor enhancements to the product...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2sOr6vZqo

BubbaJ
26th Feb 2017, 21:37
Love the cigar room I think I would want a longer flight to chill like bob Dyl then again I spend enough time in those tubes.
Looks as though we are definitely not Winning

Flex88
27th Feb 2017, 03:31
Pick the guy (GMLO) who has NO free time to run a major reorganization program (for FOP). Yes, this is the same gent who just through away millions ++ on HIS FAILED EFB program. A real winner.

The Peter Principle strikes AGAIN :ugh::ugh:

Flex88
27th Feb 2017, 03:35
I really do feel sorry for the DFO. Just reflect for a moment on who she relies on for advice and solid information... Sad :yuk::yuk::yuk:

(e.g. AW, PC (can u imagine) , DH, CK, CC, +++)

Freehills
27th Feb 2017, 05:00
Well, given that the airline in the video has just removed it's CEO, and is going thru a large and traumatic 'downsizing' - not sure they are winning either.

Yonosoy Marinero
1st Mar 2017, 01:14
Forget the first class private suites...

Rumor has it that CX is going to cram close to 500 seats on the new-old 777 classics they're getting from the sandbox.

Time to win squeeze!

sawadecup
19th Mar 2017, 03:54
a skipper told me the 2 unions are going to work together to upgrade the CC/TB soon?

Betsy
19th Mar 2017, 05:17
a skipper told me the 2 unions are going to work together to upgrade the CC/TB soon?

About f*@king time!
:D:D:D

sawadecup
19th Mar 2017, 09:28
I wonder what will happen to the 330 or destinations transfer?

Flex88
21st Mar 2017, 21:50
:ugh:

Sued by EU now, 60 Million US. Google CX + Lawsuit + Fine and it'l make you cry.
Between lawsuits, fines, fuel hedging loses and the everyday fuc**** blunders made (e.g. EFB etc. etc.) there is no hope.
No matter how much productivity we give or they take - The "Time to Win" window has closed as productivity gains or the CX/Dragon rebranding spending spree will NEVER ever make up for the sadly reliable steady stream of cash spewing fuc**** blunders from the "Swire" managers or our own 3rd floor un-manegers. RIP :sad:

Flex88
21st Mar 2017, 21:58
CX Management = Management with "Asian Values" (gambling, death of meritocracy, bribes, kickbacks, price fixing, poor labor practices, zero accountability ++)

You'll find a lawsuit, fine, major loss for every one of the above.....

Boe787
22nd Mar 2017, 20:08
I would suggest that guy flew using points, so while the product is amazing, wether they made any money out of the deal would be debatable!

Flex88
25th Mar 2017, 07:09
From the Friday Telex (Ivan)
"You may have seen some reports in the media regarding quality issues in our A350 cabins. There have indeed been problems, particularly with the Business Class seats but also with the toilets, overhead bins and galleys. We are taking all these issues very seriously and are working very closely with Airbus and Zodiac, the seat manufacturer, to get quick fixes and longer-term solutions in place.

One action being taken is to replace the original shipsets of Business Class seats in our first three A350s, with the work beginning next month in Xiamen. We are also looking at some of issues affecting the work of our cabin crew, including a solution for replacing the galley trash compactors which haven’t been functioning properly."

Yup, definitely this is a great "Time to Win" strategy.. Cut costs, aircraft parked with no seats, seats bad/breaking, fly to XMN for seat repair/refurb/replace.
JFC, I must be dreaming this.....:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Trafalgar
25th Mar 2017, 07:46
Brilliant. And how many millions of $$$ will that debacle cost to fix. It might be worth mentioning Ivan that CX spec'd the galleys, seats etc. Another own goal, but what the heck, what's another few million when you are so adept at throwing away billions. Sickening. :mad: (...funny, you never seem to read an editorial in the SCMP as to the gross incompetence of our managers, it's all about costs isn't it...?).

Arfur Dent
25th Mar 2017, 09:40
How many times will Cathay, (probably against manufacturers advice), "design" their own version of an 'off the shelf' item like a Business Class seat and completely screw it up? Remember the debacle with the seat that didn't quite recline to the horizontal? And now a modern version in a brand new type. I was just wondering how on earth they make any money with this Management Team (sic) in charge. Then I remembered that they don't, do they?

katana
25th Mar 2017, 09:41
Spied this flipchart in one of the meeting rooms on 3rd floor. Clearly the chaos have a firm grip on the helm

MENELAUS
25th Mar 2017, 11:19
That looks remarkably like the matrix from " In the thick of it". Peter Capaldi etc.
Bollocks. All of it.
We're doomed, Captain Mainwaring. Doomed.

Threethirty
25th Mar 2017, 12:15
"The Pentagon of aims", Management speak 101.

kenfoggo
25th Mar 2017, 14:59
"Unprisoning your think rhino" !!!!!!!!!

Average Fool
25th Mar 2017, 15:23
I used the chart to answer the question "what is CX managements biggest problem"

All journeys led to "itselfness"

Flex88
25th Mar 2017, 17:27
"The Peter Principle" Look no further - this says it ALL.... You can tell from that stupid FU****G chart..

Call out the trumpet player and have him play Taps....:sad:

cxorcist
26th Mar 2017, 03:55
As concerning as that image is, the positive bit is that at least they know they need to change the way they think. My hope is that they come up with something better than cutting costs and the product. That image is akin to our CRM, which also uses some dumb terms to get us thinking differently. Hopefully they are getting more from their reprogramming than I do from CRM.

Busbuoy
26th Mar 2017, 06:09
Hopefully at some point someone will remember that a hexagon has 6 sides.....

Yonosoy Marinero
26th Mar 2017, 10:17
This is a humorous image taken off the internet...

Quite a good satirical metaphor for the corporate mumbo-jumbo CX management is currently using to try and explain the mess they've put this joint in while performing amazing contortions to avoid blaming themselves.

But still clearly meant for humour... how gullible exactly are some of you guys?

MENELAUS
26th Mar 2017, 10:26
Very. Very gullible. Anyway. Where's the harm ? It's wholly believable with the rolling goat f@@$ that we currently enjoy. And for a number of years there was something very similar in MICM's office.