PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Postage

ZFT
24th Feb 2017, 22:50
I'm transiting T2 to T5 tomorrow early morning and have some UK post. Are there any post boxes landside in either of these terminals? (I assume W H Smiths sell stamps) Thanks.

DaveReidUK
25th Feb 2017, 06:34
Postal services | Post office and letter boxes | Surface mail | Heathrow (http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/terminal-facilities-and-services/postal-services)

wiggy
25th Feb 2017, 06:43
There are one or two big red post boxes on the T5 landside departures/check-in level, midway between north and south security screening areas and on the same side of the building (i.e."behind " the check in desks, the side opposite the entrance doors). Just be aware they are designed so it won't take anything thicker than a bulky letter.

There's are a couple of small WH Smiths landside on the check in departures level, an even bigger one downstairs on landside arrivals level, opposite the access for The tube..last time I checked they did sell stamps.

On the principle that a pictures worth a thousand words see the second "map" here ("terminal 5, check in, level 3")

http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/Heathrow/Static/PDF/Maps/Heathrow_T5_Map.pdf

Hope that helps.

ZFT
25th Feb 2017, 07:59
It does indeed. Many thanks for your help.

noflynomore
25th Feb 2017, 10:26
Last time I passed through T5 I forgot to post my letter and asked a copper in the departure lounge if there was a postbox. He said no, but give it to me and I'll post it for you.
That's service!

Heathrow Harry
26th Feb 2017, 09:25
The letter boxes at LHR won't take anything bulky - a simple letter maybe but nothing bigger

DaveReidUK
26th Feb 2017, 17:06
Yes, the link in my earlier post says "Please be aware that you can't post parcels using the post boxes".

ZFT
26th Feb 2017, 17:49
And thanks to Wiggy my letters were succesfully posted this morning.

KelvinD
26th Feb 2017, 20:31
Boy That takes me back almost 40 years. When returning on leave to UK from Saudi, we used to put up a large envelope for people to put their post in and this was carried and posted at Heathrow.

Heathrow Harry
27th Feb 2017, 02:02
40 years? I have a friend in N Italy who carries out mail for her friends and neighbours to post in France - and most of it is FOR Italy - apparently international mail has at least an even chance of getting through wheras local mail is a total lottery. It may be never collected and if it is it never makes it out of the sorting office

vctenderness
27th Feb 2017, 10:09
I seem to remember from my training that it is an offence to carry letters to post in U.K./Overseas. Something to do with International law.

I'm sure someone can confirm or deny this. I'm also sure that no one takes a blind bit of notice!

PAXboy
27th Feb 2017, 10:21
No one takes notice! My family in South Africa always give me a sheaf of letters to post as their system is similar to the Italian. Last year, I took a letter from Pretoria to post in the UK, in the hope that it would get to a place near Bulawayo in Zimbabwe - their neighbouring country.