PDA

View Full Version : Sharing costs for hour building

Eddy must fly
16th Jan 2001, 17:32
Hi Folks

Just wondering if there is anybody willing to take me up. I will pay for half the cost.
I will be starting my training in September in South Africa but I just want to get up there.

If anybody is interested please do not hesitate to contact me on the following e-mail [email protected] or phone on
0207 620 1913, it will be much appreciated

Cheers

Edward

foghorn
16th Jan 2001, 20:11
Eddy, I'm sure that I've read your post wrong, and you're not going to do this, but I'm going to say this anyway:

Don't forget that you can only log time in an aircraft certified for single-pilot operation as Pilot In Command (P.1), Pilot under Training with a qualified FI (P.U/T) or as Pilot In Command under Supervision with the examiner in a succesful skills test (P.1/S).

You cannot log time just because you were in the aircraft, only the nominated Pilot In Command can, and you definitely cannot log Second Pilot (P.2) time. Obviously two people cannot be in command of the same aircraft at the same time!

The CAA have caught 'Parker Pen' pilots before and it's a horrible way to end a career that has still had a lot invested in it, even if a few illegal shortcuts were taken on the way in logging time. As they say innocence is no defence.

If however you want to just come along for the ride, I fly PA28's out of Biggin fairly frequently at the weekend. Drop me a line.

Enjoy South Africa, it's a great flying country, I did a load of my hour building and multi-training there and had a whale of a time.

[This message has been edited by foghorn (edited 16 January 2001).]

Bing
17th Jan 2001, 15:15
While we're on the subject...

How is the logbook kept? Do you have to have someone sign it after each trip, or are you supposed to sign it yourself, and be honest about the flighttime?

Thanks.

foghorn
17th Jan 2001, 17:09
Skills tests require the examiner's signature.
When being put forward for a licence or rating, the school will stamp and sign your logbook as being correct.
It's worth getting signatures against important flights like club check-outs, differences training, revalidation requirements etc.

Other than that, it's up to you to be honest. The CAA do occasionally check up on people's experience, and there is plenty of other supporting paperwork to say whether you flew or not. If things smell a bit fishy, I guess that they're more likely to follow up. I have had my overseas experience very prominently signed and stamped, and have the option of a letter from the club's CFI to back it up, just in case.

I even heard a story that the CAA have a Tipp-Ex reading machine. They're going to have fun with my log book, because I have made loads of mistakes that I've Tipp-Exed out :)

[This message has been edited by foghorn (edited 17 January 2001).]