PDA

View Full Version : A320 Type rating, where to get it

Giggey
24th Feb 2017, 09:03
Hi All.
Need to get an A320 type rating for a family member and was wondering where to look to get decent training at the right price?
Any info/suggestion?

PS:My family member has 3500hrs on medium Jet

Tee Emm
24th Feb 2017, 10:42
Try Ansett Aviation Training in Melbourne Australia. Excellent reputation.

Ansett Aviation Training :: Home (http://www.ansettsimulators.com/)

jetjockey696
24th Feb 2017, 10:56
depends on the licensing country... FAA, EASA, GCAA, CASA, etc then we can focus on the country.

pfvspnf
24th Feb 2017, 11:27
Why in the world is he paying for a type rating with that kind of experience?

Giggey
24th Feb 2017, 15:29
Long story short..If you are not current you don't get the job.

Talking about Europe guys thank you.

noflynomore
25th Feb 2017, 10:11
Are you actually "current" with only a type rating - ie no line experience on type and no line check?
I sure hope the job is worth it. :|

Fokkerdriver
25th Feb 2017, 12:45
Cockpit4you in Berlin might also be a possibility :-)

EGKK.
25th Feb 2017, 13:54
IAGO flight training, Gatwick offer a great price for an EASA approved A320 rating.

Judd
26th Feb 2017, 10:35
I suppose it depends on the Regulator concerned, but what are the general rules about which seat you occupy when undergoing a type rating course? In other words left or right seat for a P1 rating. Is that decision up to the provider? Or is the decision up to whoever is undergoing the training? I recall Boeing in USA require the type rating be conducted in the left (command) seat regardless of experience.

On the other hand in Australia, it is acceptable for the command type rating to be conducted in the co-pilot seat. That is because Part 61 requires type ratings( 737/Airbus, for example) to be "command" not co-pilot ratings since there is no provision for a co-pilot type rating. For new hires to an airline who will be employed as co-pilots, the company trains them as a command type rating albeit in the co-pilot seat.

Denti
26th Feb 2017, 10:50
It depends. EASA allows to do type ratings that differentiate the intended role. As far as i know germany is one of the few where it is done that way, the type rating is either COP or PIC, however, even with a PIC rating one can, after a right hand seat training, fly as a FO. A PIC rating has to be done in the left hand seat when flying, PM can be done in the right hand seat. The COP rating is done just the other way round.

Other countries apparently do not use that distinction, no idea how the rating is noted in the license then and how it has to be trained.

Skipping Classes
26th Feb 2017, 20:51
check catc.cz in Prague... good prices, ex CSA sim

Roj approved
27th Feb 2017, 09:59
Aerostar in Orlando Florida, did one there, great instructors, great equipment, great price.

macdo
27th Feb 2017, 21:56
Suggest he tries Thomas Cook if he/she wants to work in the UK. For a job, not the TR.