PDA

View Full Version : Inside Windsor Castle

bspatz
22nd Feb 2017, 16:37
Watched the TV programme Inside Windsor Castle last night on channel 5 which dealt with the relationship between Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend and had an actor playing the part all dressed up in a Gp Capt’s uniform complete with aiguillettes and an airman’s No1 hat! I am sure this would not have happened 20 years ago and I am afraid it is a depressing sign of how low the awareness of military matters has sunk.

Heathrow Harry
22nd Feb 2017, 16:47
sloppy researcher and Director..............

polecat2
22nd Feb 2017, 21:26
And his No.1 jacket had no belt.

megan
23rd Feb 2017, 02:18
a depressing sign of how low the awareness of military mattersPerhaps that's a good thing, makes picking the Walts far easier. ;)

Rosevidney1
23rd Feb 2017, 22:11
In part 1 in addition to the Gotha bombers attacking London they (twice!) added footage of a formation of DH-4s. Well, they were biplanes too and I'm sure the producers of the program thought that was reason enough for inclusion. Sloppy indeed.

Tankertrashnav
23rd Feb 2017, 22:33
That's a different programme Rosevidney but I saw it too. Must admit I didn't pick out the DH4s, but then my aircraft recognition is not on a par with yours ;)

I think I might have picked out Townsend in an airman's SD cap though!

I never ceased to be amazed at the lengths some programmers will go to achieve authenticity in one area, and then throwing it away in another. Railways are a good example. If it has a chimney and goes puff puff it will do - never mind if it is 50 years out - after all, nobody will know!