PDA

View Full Version : Tiger / Scoot Interview

volare_737
21st Feb 2017, 11:40
Should there be anybody out there who has done an assessment with the above lately and would be so kind to share some info, that would be greatly appreciated !!

pfvspnf
21st Feb 2017, 11:43
Dont pay for a type rating, teach the industry a lesson, Tiger, cant comment.

etops777
21st Feb 2017, 15:24
what about rated DEFOs? Any info about the situation?
Everyone will have to pay for the type rating at Scoot.

FlyingChipmunk
22nd Feb 2017, 01:07
Drivers required in both seats in both outfits.
MPL cadets reaching 1000hrs are sending pretty pictures and stories of themselves anywhere and everywhere before they miss the fast shiny boat. At 1500hrs they get the long and impatiently awaited call.

Experienced drivers are now NOT willing to pay to play. They have done it at least once before and now not willing to feed the Greedy Gobbler ever again. :ugh: So now it's a bit like Babe looking for truffles at a contaminated beach......and those found are actually a good convincing copy. You get my point.
For those willing to part with a little spare change to play, YOU are the cause of the state that the market has become. You deserve what's coming :E

With the many impending opportunites coming to the the Lion City before Terminal 4 opens up, the 2017 Game Season is just about to begin. Only thing, not many people want to acknowledge it. Again, you know what i mean.

Good luck.

Luggage
22nd Feb 2017, 14:59
Hi all

I got the email to do the online assessment which I did. Only completed it yesterday. Im 4500 total with about 1500 jet currently flying E175 in the USA. Im rated on the bus as well with a couple hundred hours.

I certainly will not PAY to PLAY (P2F) and I sincerely hope no more pilots do this as long term you are ruining all of our futures and pay packets. Just look at CX and KA, they are not a happy bunch!!

The market really is in the pilots favour if you all just use common sense, especially you newbiews with SJS issues and lack of patience.

Would be good to know what the terms of the deal are for 320/787 FO at Scoot and Tiger are.:ok:

FlyingChipmunk
23rd Feb 2017, 01:34
CAAS does not accept less than 500hrs experience on type for licence conversion.....unless you agree to do it all over again, and pay. There is a never ending line of eager kids with $250k in hand waiting to hand it over for their first arcade game experience. Be prepared to study and sit a super duper JAR Performance exam too.Low pay till you get on the line in 3-5mths, assuming you breeze through everything. The operative word when you want to work in SG is PAY. And if you have a family in tow, you will throw in the white flag the moment you turn your calculator on. Exact same high rent as in HKG and Beijing, you won't be able to afford a car (and even now a motorcycle after the recent price hikes), golf, eat in restaurants frequently.....hell you won't be able to afford anything :) Shop wisely.

pfvspnf
23rd Feb 2017, 06:03
The state of affairs at CX is not directly because of p2f. You will definitely have to pay for your type rating at scoot.

Command upgrade will take a long time from what I hear.

Luggage
23rd Feb 2017, 15:05
Well then looks like I wont be considered...cant say Im too upset!! No way Im ever degrading myself, fellow pilots and the profession with P2F!!

I have no sympathy for those that do and wonder why everybody hates them. They need to learn a little patience and stop thinking it is an automatic right to sit at the business end of an A320 at age 21....

volare_737
24th Feb 2017, 03:23
I wonder what they would do, if one is invited to the online testing and the video interview and for some reason one would not do it !!!
Has anybody been in that situation ? Would they give you another change or just forget about you ????

etops777
24th Feb 2017, 04:46
I wonder what they would do, if one is invited to the online testing and the video interview and for some reason one would not do it !!!
Has anybody been in that situation ? Would they give you another change or just forget about you ????

they will forget about you.

Stallone
26th Feb 2017, 00:08
Hi guys

Thanks for the insight.
I would like to ask more about roster/salary and Command expectations for a rated DEFO with experience (A320).

Ps: never been and will never be into p2f

Cheers
Roster is brutal, very close to 100hrs every month on the 320. 4sectors spanning 12hrs of duty time is rather common. Salary perhaps 12-13k SGD, pay ur own rent/utilities/taxes

For command, maybe 5yrs if many people leave

volare_737
26th Feb 2017, 02:06
Stallone. Any Ideas on Captains Salary and Roster ? Don't they still have 5/2/5/4/5/2/5/5/?

Stallone
28th Feb 2017, 04:20
Stallone. Any Ideas on Captains Salary and Roster ? Don't they still have 5/2/5/4/5/2/5/5/?
roster no change, salary in the range of S$16k-18k depending on how hard u work

pay your own rent/utilities/taxes.. tax is about S$24k annually

volare_737
28th Feb 2017, 07:18
Correct me if I am wrong. Say 17K minus Tax = 15K. Decent apartment 4K which leaves you with about 11 K. Might as well go to Hong Kong.

hamil
28th Feb 2017, 07:47
Hi,
Do DECs with previous experience on 787 (1000+ hrs on type) also need to pay the training bond?
Stallone, does that salary range apply to the 787 fleet or 320 (captains)?
Thanks.
H.

redbaron60
28th Feb 2017, 08:02
Hi guys,
I have passed the first stage(online)of the Scoot screening for Dec 787 with 738 experience and been invited for the second part at the training centre.
Can anybody tell me what is it all about?
Thanks for any reply

Stallone
28th Feb 2017, 13:04
Correct me if I am wrong. Say 17K minus Tax = 15K. Decent apartment 4K which leaves you with about 11 K. Might as well go to Hong Kong.
Can get a 800sqft 2rm condo 20min away from airport by cab, for S$2500/mth

Rents in Singapore has soften alot due to high vacancy n lower demand

Stallone
28th Feb 2017, 13:06
Hi,
Do DECs with previous experience on 787 (1000+ hrs on type) also need to pay the training bond?
Stallone, does that salary range apply to the 787 fleet or 320 (captains)?
Thanks.
H.

787 u can expect a little more due to layover allowances

itssmano
1st Mar 2017, 02:16
Hello,
I have been invited to the 2nd stage of assessment after the initial online testing. I applied for DEFO based on my 737NG experience.
I am aware it is expensive city and it is a low cost airline.
Can i know what could be the actual salary take home for a P2 after deductions. A minimum pay without accounting the flying allowances. Unable to find generalized information in the web.

Thanks

Stallone
1st Mar 2017, 14:11
Hello,
I have been invited to the 2nd stage of assessment after the initial online testing. I applied for DEFO based on my 737NG experience.
I am aware it is expensive city and it is a low cost airline.
Can i know what could be the actual salary take home for a P2 after deductions. A minimum pay without accounting the flying allowances. Unable to find generalized information in the web.

Thanks
Tigerair Singapore pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Tigerair_Singapore)

According to the website, $7000 with 20hrs included, 21st hour onwards at $75/hr

80hrs is about $11,500/mth, tax rate will be about $10,700 ANNUALLY for such an income

oh, and i think 320 type rating is S$50,000

bringbackthe80s
1st Mar 2017, 18:38
And waht about Jetstar in Singapore? looks like they also are recruiting captains. Is it similar money and a bit less heavy flying?

itssmano
2nd Mar 2017, 15:51
Tigerair Singapore pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Tigerair_Singapore)

According to the website, $7000 with 20hrs included, 21st hour onwards at $75/hr

80hrs is about $11,500/mth, tax rate will be about $10,700 ANNUALLY for such an income

oh, and i think 320 type rating is S$50,000

@Stallone,that's useful. Shall wait and watch how the next stage goes on for me. They mention the Day 1 assessment could go for 6 straight hours,but no details of sessions. Hoping to hear from them. Thanks again

King on a Wing
7th Mar 2017, 10:32
Stallone,
Just out of curiosity.
Type Rated Captain on 777. More than 2000 hrs PIC on 777.
Would he need to pay for a rating on the 787?
And what is the approx T & C please. What about the 'Training Period' length. And whats the pay during that period.
Sorry for the mash up. But its kinda urgent :p

Stallone
7th Mar 2017, 15:17
Stallone,
Just out of curiosity.
Type Rated Captain on 777. More than 2000 hrs PIC on 777.
Would he need to pay for a rating on the 787?
And what is the approx T & C please. What about the 'Training Period' length. And whats the pay during that period.
Sorry for the mash up. But its kinda urgent :p
yea, same thing, to pay the 787 rating

i think it's like a small sum of less than S$10k, then u're bonded for 5yrs

training period n how much are u're paid during that time, i don't really have the info for that

dogtired
13th Mar 2017, 08:22
Just did the assessment in Singapore.

My advise to all, avoid like the plague!

I applied for DEC 787. Have never applied for the 320. Did the online test. Got invite for online video interview, didn't bother but still got call to Singapore.

The staff there all really friendly and were dressed informally. Started with a short presentation where the first shock was - you pay for your own psychometric test (SG$425)!!:mad::ugh: But that would be day 2 after the sim.
All the DEC's were there for 787, nobody interested in the 320.

We were divided into groups for a group task, followed by a group game (river crossing).
This was followed by interview, 1 HR and 2 pilots. Basic questions.
However when I told them that I'm not interested in the 320 they weren't happy.
I was then advised the evening that I was unsuccessful. :)
This crowd wasted my money as I had to pay for my own ticket, hotel, taxi ect. If they paid for this it would be different.
They invited me under false pretence. There was not going to be an offer for the 787, only for the 320 (where they are absolutely desperate)
This upsets me and is misrepresentation at best, fraud at worst.
This crowd has lost face.
This crowd can't be trusted!

50 People had confirmed their attendance however only 18 pitched up.
If they advised me that they will be interviewing me for the 787 I would have declined and saved a lot of money.

The basic salary is SG$11000. The rest made up of per diems. Taxed at 25%.
On the 320 you need to self fund your type rating. No assistance provided. On the 787 you need to provide a bank guarantee for 50% and SG$500 p.m. is deducted from your salary for the balance.

The sim evaluation gets done on the 320.

320 drivers spend more time at home. 787 drivers spend almost no time at home.

No assistance is provided with licence conversion. Its done DIY.

No assistance is provided when you want to fly home unless you can fly Scoot/Tiger. It will cost you a small fortune to go home.

Had I known these things beforehand, I wouldn't have gone there.
WTF who expects us to pay for our own psychometric testing and that doesn't even mean you'll get the offer.

In summary:
Unless if you're unemployed, chose life

Fly safe

volare_737
13th Mar 2017, 09:25
Well - that does not sound to good dogtired !!!! Quick question - whats the average monthly pay then on the 320 including per diems ? Just in case they told you !!!

Luibar
13th Mar 2017, 11:33
The information on PPJN is 5 years old. There was no update since then?

Stallone
13th Mar 2017, 15:12
The information on PPJN is 5 years old. There was no update since then?
apparently not, so yea the data is valid

Luibar
13th Mar 2017, 16:06
It's a shame. :(

dogtired
13th Mar 2017, 17:46
volare_737, After being told that I would have to pay for my own psychometrics I kinda lost interest. Think it was total SG$18000-19000 before deductions.

There have been no salary increases in the last 5 years.

The pilots were offered a new contract that had a clause that the company could reduce the salary if the profit figures were down. Haven't heard what the outcome of that was.

etops777
13th Mar 2017, 22:32
volare_737, After being told that I would have to pay for my own psychometrics I kinda lost interest. Think it was total SG$18000-19000 before deductions.

There have been no salary increases in the last 5 years.

The pilots were offered a new contract that had a clause that the company could reduce the salary if the profit figures were down. Haven't heard what the outcome of that was.

There was a salary increase of 3.5% on the basics last year and a profit share of 2 months was paid last year also. 10% of that basics are call MVC or monthly variable components, its when the company is taking a loss to a certain point then the MVC are reduced at a tier rates.

Pilots flying around 85 hours will received around 21000 SGD gross. Tax is around 15%..

Starting april, pilots will go on a fixed rostering of 6 days on 3 days off, 7 days on and 4 days off, followed by current rostering practice.

volare_737
13th Mar 2017, 22:49
Meaning - 6 On / 3 Off / 7 On/ 4 Off / 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On /4 Off / 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On / 5 Off
And then start again from the beginning ???
Is that right ???

FlyingSpanner
14th Mar 2017, 02:36
Hi etops777!

That's at Scoot only. Tiger got zero.

Just saying.

etops777
14th Mar 2017, 02:56
Hi etops777!

Just saying.

see how it goes this year after the merger of the two. Those bonus payout that tiger didn't get I believe it was because TR wasn't part of the group yet.

Trash8mofo
14th Mar 2017, 03:13
Pilots flying around 85 hours will received around 21000 SGD gross. Tax is around 15%..

Starting april, pilots will go on a fixed rostering of 6 days on 3 days off, 7 days on and 4 days off, followed by current rostering practice

Is that amount before per diem? and what is current roster practices (e.g. Can you bid for where you want to fly/less overnights?)

etops777
14th Mar 2017, 08:11
Is that amount before per diem? and what is current roster practices (e.g. Can you bid for where you want to fly/less overnights?)

There are no bidding system,however you can put in a flight request. You would add another 600-1000 SGD to that amounts from per diem. The per diem is not great but sufficient for meals.

Stallone
14th Mar 2017, 08:48
Meaning - 6 On / 3 Off / 7 On/ 4 Off / 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On /4 Off / 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On / 5 Off
And then start again from the beginning ???
Is that right ???
787: 6 On / 3 Off / 7 On/ 4 Off

320: 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On /4 Off / 5 On / 2 Off / 5 On / 5 Off

Luibar
14th Mar 2017, 10:33
Hi etops777!

Just saying.

Tigers just didn't get the bonus but got the pay increase?

Stallone
15th Mar 2017, 12:02
Tigers just didn't get the bonus but got the pay increase?
No increment either from what is known

FlyingChipmunk
16th Mar 2017, 06:04
With the new Scoot roster, plan to be in SIN home base at most 10-12 days if that. This number can go even lower when they require. The perceived 'higher' wage at Scoot is because of high overseas expenditure and you are only in SIN to acclimatise, before you are off again. Forget seeing the partner, wife and kids. SIN pilots working for Qatar and Emirates spend more than 10-12 days in SIN and commute via Biz class. Just presenting the facts.

etops777
16th Mar 2017, 08:42
With the new Scoot roster, plan to be in SIN home base at most 10-12 days if that. This number can go even lower when they require. The perceived 'higher' wage at Scoot is because of high overseas expenditure and you are only in SIN to acclimatise, before you are off again. Forget seeing the partner, wife and kids. SIN pilots working for Qatar and Emirates spend more than 10-12 days in SIN and commute via Biz class. Just presenting the facts.

Those good block of days off are gone for Emirates since many years ago while pilots at QR can request for a max of 5-6 days off in a single block. No, they don't spend 10-12 days in SIN.

This is the facts!

bringbackthe80s
16th Mar 2017, 09:00
What etops just said.

FlyingChipmunk
17th Mar 2017, 09:47
wow, either my EK 380 SFO, QR 320 Cpt and QR 320 FO were telling me fibs or I was spending time with ghosts right here in SIN
They were certainly not on maternity leave last time I checked

Flyboysg
17th Mar 2017, 10:53
wow, either my EK 380 SFO, QR 320 Cpt and QR 320 FO were telling me fibs or I was spending time with ghosts right here in SIN
They were certainly not on maternity leave last time I checked

Well I can tell you for sure, if u work in QR 10-12 days every month back in Sg is definitely all wrong. You get Goff of 4 days a month and thats about as much as you get to go back sg, unless you add leave. Most times you will only get to spend 4 days back in Sg unless you Want to spend all your off days travelling back and forth.

bananaman2
17th Mar 2017, 12:48
Regarding QR, that's not entirely correct... GOFF and Off are 2 different things. GOFF represents a 'guaranteed' minimum of 4 days off... that doesn't stop you bidding for extra which could be anything up to 6 days off in a row (given up to twice per month). The six days is normally published in the roster as 4 days GOFF + 2 days 'Off' or 6 days 'Off'. Anyway the detail is irrelevant.

Going back to spending 10-12 days in Sg. This could as previously mentioned be with all the leave - 42days or I've seen 2x6days Off being granted in the roster. It's all fleet and Rank dependent also... I would be surprised if a 320Capt could spend that much time at home (in any country) based on days Off alone unless he/she was going back at every opportunity e.g even if only 3days off or something.

Hakeem
29th Mar 2017, 06:18
Good day to every one.

I have been through the thread. I have been invited to do the screening on 5th April to Singapore for FO. However as you guys discussed above I haven't gone through any online testing for scoot before.
Having said that I hoping for some useful info here.
1. They said prepare for 3 days and the 1st day would take you 6 hours straight. If I'm successful I might be doing Sim and medical later. Any one who has done the assessment recently what should I expect?

2. I have got Boeing background with frozen atpl on 73s with 2000 over hours can I expect to get 787?

3.Am I gonna fly in Singaporean license? If yes how long will that take me to convert the license.

All the rosters and others I have read it before. Thanks a ton for the beautiful explanations above.

Any inputs here are highly appreciated.
Have a great day and happy landings.

njdjl2000
29th Mar 2017, 15:17
Good day to every one.

I have been through the thread. I have been invited to do the screening on 5th April to Singapore for FO. However as you guys discussed above I haven't gone through any online testing for scoot before.
1. They said prepare for 3 days and the 1st day would take you 6 hours straight. If I'm successful I might be doing Sim and medical later. Any one who has done the assessment recently what should I expect?

2. I have got Boeing background with frozen atpl on 73s with 2000 over hours can I expect to get 787?

3.Am I gonna fly in Singaporean license? If yes how long will that take me to convert the license.

All the rosters and others I have read it before. Thanks a ton for the beautiful explanations above.

Seems you are expecting a lot from the Singaporean run Scoot...my advise..thread carefully.

Hakeem
29th Mar 2017, 15:31
@njdjl2000

Well noted. Absolutely not much expectation at the same time just wanted keep the options open.

Thanks.

Seems you are expecting a lot from the Singaporean run Scoot...my advise..thread carefully.

DreamyOneLiner
10th Apr 2017, 11:43
Been seeing there adverts online, anyone care to give more specific info?

Intvw process....t&c..schedule..bond?..etc?

mkfmbos
12th Apr 2017, 05:23
Hi all

I got the email to do the online assessment which I did. Only completed it yesterday. Im 4500 total with about 1500 jet currently flying E175 in the USA. Im rated on the bus as well with a couple hundred hours.

I certainly will not PAY to PLAY (P2F) and I sincerely hope no more pilots do this as long term you are ruining all of our futures and pay packets. Just look at CX and KA, they are not a happy bunch!!

The market really is in the pilots favour if you all just use common sense, especially you newbiews with SJS issues and lack of patience.

Would be good to know what the terms of the deal are for 320/787 FO at Scoot and Tiger are.:ok:

Be advised once you leave the USA its much harder to get back. With that time and all that movement in the USA it'll be no time for you. Plus the working conditions over here are horrific compared to even the worst job in the US. 8 - 10 days off per month, constant red eyes, horrific leadership and people who are just interested in their personal growth and will literally do anything to cement their future, including screwing each other. You will have to fight tooth and claw for an upgrade, and if someone doesn't like you goodluck. Some good things: money is okay, dumplings are good, no crime......

DreamyOneLiner
13th Apr 2017, 02:47
Is it true there still giving crews days off down route? How many days can one expect to be in sin a month?

What are the specifics of the bond? Seems you need nearly 100k just to join this mob!

erogluerhan
25th Apr 2017, 18:14
Good day to every one.

Hello Hakeem,
I will join the interwiev at the end of the May with Scoot/Tiger Air. I have some questions about the Assessment? Could you please contact me? Thanks.. [email protected]

Wern
27th Apr 2017, 16:32
Just did the assessment in Singapore.

My advise to all, avoid like the plague!

I applied for DEC 787. Have never applied for the 320. Did the online test. Got invite for online video interview, didn't bother but still got call to Singapore.

The staff there all really friendly and were dressed informally. Started with a short presentation where the first shock was - you pay for your own psychometric test (SG$425)!!:mad::ugh: But that would be day 2 after the sim.
All the DEC's were there for 787, nobody interested in the 320.

We were divided into groups for a group task, followed by a group game (river crossing).
This was followed by interview, 1 HR and 2 pilots. Basic questions.
However when I told them that I'm not interested in the 320 they weren't happy.
I was then advised the evening that I was unsuccessful. :)
This crowd wasted my money as I had to pay for my own ticket, hotel, taxi ect. If they paid for this it would be different.
They invited me under false pretence. There was not going to be an offer for the 787, only for the 320 (where they are absolutely desperate)
This upsets me and is misrepresentation at best, fraud at worst.
This crowd has lost face.
This crowd can't be trusted!

50 People had confirmed their attendance however only 18 pitched up.
If they advised me that they will be interviewing me for the 787 I would have declined and saved a lot of money.

The basic salary is SG$11000. The rest made up of per diems. Taxed at 25%.
On the 320 you need to self fund your type rating. No assistance provided. On the 787 you need to provide a bank guarantee for 50% and SG$500 p.m. is deducted from your salary for the balance.

The sim evaluation gets done on the 320.

320 drivers spend more time at home. 787 drivers spend almost no time at home.

No assistance is provided with licence conversion. Its done DIY.

No assistance is provided when you want to fly home unless you can fly Scoot/Tiger. It will cost you a small fortune to go home.

Had I known these things beforehand, I wouldn't have gone there.
WTF who expects us to pay for our own psychometric testing and that doesn't even mean you'll get the offer.

In summary:
Unless if you're unemployed, chose life

Fly safe
Hi dog tired, when did you apply and how long did you wait until you got the invitation for the assessment? Mind sharing everyone?

erogluerhan
28th Apr 2017, 17:57
Hello Dogtired,
I will join the interwiev at the end of the May with Scoot/Tiger Air. I have some questions about the Assessment? Could you please contact me? Thanks.. [email protected]

Top gun pilot 797
24th May 2017, 12:49
I keep hearing about the 'expensive city' called Singapore.
But if you spend about 2.5k SGD pm on house rent and 2.5k on taxes. You still get to save approx 15k SGD pm. As 787 skip.
I'm assuming my numbers are correct...?

expat400
24th May 2017, 19:44
So you never eat? Or drink? Or buy stuff? Or go visit friends? Or date women (or men)? Or leave your house for whatever reason? If so, you might save 15... but what are you saving for? To be the richest hermit in Singapore?

HH Chan
25th May 2017, 03:51
I keep hearing about the 'expensive city' called Singapore.
But if you spend about 2.5k SGD pm on house rent and 2.5k on taxes. You still get to save approx 15k SGD pm. As 787 skip.
I'm assuming my numbers are correct...?

Are you in the right forum? This is not Fragrant Harbour...err Hong Kong if you are not obvious to it. You can survive here in Spore with a family...not sure abt Hkg tho..

avoka
29th May 2017, 02:50
Stallone
I sent a PM,please check Your mailbox
Thanks

ikon757
29th May 2017, 10:13
Hi, has anyone attended the 2017 interviews with tiger/Scoot?
Please share the information.
thanks

lacus1404
31st May 2017, 10:19
Hi, has anyone attended the 2017 interviews with tiger/Scoot?
Please share the information.
thanks

I applied for the mpl programme and if i am not wrong, assessment will start in June

yankee10884
1st Oct 2017, 15:59
● Scoot Assessment information for 787 FO●
Anyone who took the assessment nowadays?
I would like to know the interview questions ( individual / Group / Technical ) and SIM ( profile / which type of aircraft do we use then ).
Thanks a lot

ACE380
17th Oct 2017, 10:57
Hi Sir,

I will be going for the Scoot B787 interview and sim check soon.

May I know what to expect for the B787 Simulator Check and the interview ?

Thank you

jockey69
18th Oct 2017, 14:28
do MPL cadets get to be on 787s in Scoot ?

yankee10884
20th Oct 2017, 11:58
Hi, ACE380
Are you gonna take the assesment in October?
If so, we might see there.
Lets share info!

VarigMD11
1st Nov 2017, 08:05
I see Scoot are advertising for DEFO on the A320. Does anyone have an idea as to the terms and conditions? Payscale, leave, housing etc?

Thanks

etops777
1st Nov 2017, 14:50
I see Scoot are advertising for DEFO on the A320. Does anyone have an idea as to the terms and conditions? Payscale, leave, housing etc?

Thanks

You will be on a local term. No housing or education allowances

HH Chan
2nd Nov 2017, 11:58

Thanks

Sorry for late reply...but I guess someone answered well in advance..good luck

EZ Link
2nd Nov 2017, 13:01
Hi everyone,
Regarding the selection process, do you have any idea how long we need to wait to get invited for interview?

Thanks

chronos1701
23rd Feb 2018, 12:35
Hi.
Just wondering if anybody applied for the latest cadet program that is supposed to start in June 2018? Have anyone been sent the online assessment yet? Any idea if this batch is for A320 or B787 fleet? Thanks in advance.

Stallone
26th Feb 2018, 04:03
Hi.
Just wondering if anybody applied for the latest cadet program that is supposed to start in June 2018? Have anyone been sent the online assessment yet? Any idea if this batch is for A320 or B787 fleet? Thanks in advance.

don't think u will be assigned the fleet until u finish your CPL training

naruto38700
28th Feb 2018, 06:46
Hi.
Hi Chronos, are you applying to the batch with 28th Feb as the application deadline?
I am in the same batch as well :)

chronos1701
1st Mar 2018, 01:04
Hi Chronos, are you applying to the batch with 28th Feb as the application deadline?
I am in the same batch as well :)

Hi. Yup I applied for this intake. Still waiting for their response. The application form asked for my O level physics grade. I only took combined physics. Not sure how sticky they are about this.

bmw216gt
6th Mar 2018, 13:06
is scoot still employing?

ikon757
8th Mar 2018, 05:22
is scoot still employing?

this is one unscrupulous airline.They have no calms in telling you to come on your own cost/interviews test at your cost and after all that if you make it,you have to join at your own cost and pay for licence fees etc.

They try to show they are a airline with standards but is this how you expect people to join?
Vietnam is far far better ..you have to pay there too but at least its tax free after release and better money.

in scoot after all that ,YOU END UP WITH tax...

King on a Wing
1st Jun 2018, 05:46
Does Scoot offer a 20/10 roster pattern for skippers?
And what’s the take home salary if they do?
Thanks

7Q Off
3rd Jun 2018, 02:39
I saw at scoot page a 737 captain DEC job, are they moving to 737? or is for nookscoot?

smiling monkey
3rd Jun 2018, 04:23
And DEFO for NTR B737 positions too. https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/10235.html

What's going on?

etops777
3rd Jun 2018, 06:42
I saw at scoot page a 737 captain DEC job, are they moving to 737? or is for nookscoot?
Scoot in the near future will have 3 fleets. As to long term future, company will decide whether to operate the 738 or the A320 for the narrow body. These 738 will be inherited from Silk Air.

bmw216gt
3rd Jun 2018, 15:13
Scoot in the near future will have 3 fleets. As to long term future, company will decide whether to operate the 738 or the A320 for the narrow body. These 738 will be inherited from Silk Air.
So this info that you mention is from SQ? Surprised such info privy to us here..always thot Scoot wont mix with SQ?

krismiler
4th Jun 2018, 06:30
The B737-800 is a run out model before the Max replaces it so switching wouldn’t make much sense. There are also A320 NEOs on order. The SilkAir B737s have a business class cabin and could be used on certain routes which might support a Scootbiz product similar to the B787 rather than the SIA full business class with lie flat beds.

Both aircraft types are well supported throughout the region and having a foot in both camps gives a stronger bargaining position when shopping for fleet replacement.

The company is now large enough to operate two similar types from different manufacturers, SIA have the A350 and B787 in service. Pilot progression would be easier for a new joiner starting on the B737 and moving through to the B787 as a first officer and then back to the B737 as Captain

bmw216gt
4th Jun 2018, 12:03
The B737-800 is a run out model before the Max replaces it so switching wouldn’t make much sense. There are also A320 NEOs on order. The SilkAir B737s have a business class cabin and could be used on certain routes which might support a Scootbiz product similar to the B787 rather than the SIA full business class with lie flat beds.

Both aircraft types are well supported throughout the region and having a foot in both camps gives a stronger bargaining position when shopping for fleet replacement.

The company is now large enough to operate two similar types from different manufacturers, SIA have the A350 and B787 in service. Pilot progression would be easier for a new joiner starting on the B737 and moving through to the B787 as a first officer and then back to the B737 as Captain
I dont think its straight to 737 for Fos...it may also be to 350 or the ULRs..then come down to 737 for command

Stilllearning1234
14th Jun 2018, 15:31
Hi all,
Has anyone done Scoot’s online assessment? What’s involved, how long it takes to finish?
Any info greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance..everyone...:-)

Stilllearning...1234

kenwaters
17th Jun 2018, 12:37
Hi stilllearning1234,

took the test in March'18 not too complicated...basic psychometry analysis, some are situation based on the day to day flying, i had applied for A320 Capt hence there were situations related to pic decision making (all CRM questions) do allocate an hour or 2 and preferably in an isolated space without distractions. some of the tests are timed and once you click start and are distracted they will get over and you wont be able to give it a second chance.

all the best!

Thunderclap88
7th Jul 2018, 11:27
@etops777 thanks for the insights, are you from Scoot?

Is it true that you need to pay for your own type rating and put up a guarantee money as well? What If you'll just need a CCQ or a refresher? and How much do they ask for?

Thanks for the insights

LetsJetset07
19th Oct 2018, 10:06
Did mine last week in 20 minutes or so and got the reply from Scoot after 1 hour telling me i was successful. Do not worry too much is the same psycho crap in use these days.

Good day .

I received an Email from Scoot for Online assessment. It’s my first ever online Assessment. Hence I have no idea .

Could you please shear and guide me on the following.

Is there any online tool or guide I could use for the during the online assessment.

do let me know .

Thanks in advance .

Happy Flying

Krajchek
20th Oct 2018, 08:33
Hi all

Hey Luggage,

I know what is going on in the USA as I am an FAA pilot as well. Industry is quite OK there. I agree with everyone here about the P2F. I left the USA without any multi crew or heavy time, but been working hard to avoid the P2F and I am happy with my job now. However sadly without the required hours in Asia and most of EU the pilot have the only option I had, is to work extra hard to avoid paying, because nobody wants to talk to a pilot without 500 hrs "jet" time. I do agree, if everyone teamed up and stay strong about not paying, it would change the industry. However I also understand my student who just paid 75k (loan from bank) to Vietjet because in his situation there was really no other way. HE has Family in Vietnam, older candidate (40+) and just starting his career. This is the sad reality in SE Asia.

Alfa Bravo Foxtrot
24th Oct 2018, 04:48
So what is the net average salary after tax for A320 CPTs? According to my calculations it is around 10k USD. I hope I’m wrong as it’s very low for an expensive country like Singapore.

Fluke
19th Feb 2019, 20:32
These pilot candidate incurred expenses , are they tax deductible through the Sinapore taxation system once you are working ?

slayerdude
21st Feb 2019, 17:23
These pilot candidate incurred expenses , are they tax deductible through the Sinapore taxation system once you are working ?
Copy from the Scoot thread
STAY AWAY,
2 of my mates that did the Psychometric exam late last year with scoot-- recently asked me if I wanted to go to the circus.. I said yes-I like clowns... they said go scoot HR office... full of clowns. IMHO we shouldn't insult clowns with the HR morons in scoot.
My mates and a few others(friends of friends) have been waiting for weeks for an acknowledgement of their applications, for some its been 2 months... most have moved on.. tired of being strung and waiting around... Scoot HR smart at losing potential candidates.
Guys in Scoot are also leaving now... albeit in trickles... fed up with what is happening at scoot.... rubbish pay, rubbish roster, rubbish lifestyle.... and of course rubbish HR.... better paying jobs in the region that give you a better lifestyle.
Scoot had some survey given to pilots... All that I say here .... Scoot knows... yet nothing has change and nothing will change as along as the incompetent HR stays around... to drive out potential and present crew out!!!!!
It would seem that the Flt Ops mngt guys in scoot are good bunch according to guys in scoot.... Think they have tried to make life better in scoot but constantly been stonewalled by HR morons.
So guys nothing has changed.... stay away...suggest we close this thread as there won't be any improvement.
The Scoot gig is a dead gig..... unless you get an answer from them.
PLEASE GUYS......STAY AWAY... NOT GONNA BE AN EASY GIG!!!!!!

Stilllearning1234
21st Feb 2019, 23:56
STAY AWAY,
2 of my mates that did the Psychometric exam late last year with scoot-- recently asked me if I wanted to go to the circus.. I said yes-I like clowns... they said go scoot HR office... full of clowns. IMHO we shouldn't insult clowns with the HR morons in scoot.
My mates and a few others(friends of friends) have been waiting for weeks for an acknowledgement of their applications, for some its been 2 months... most have moved on.. tired of being strung and waiting around... Scoot HR smart at losing potential candidates.
Guys in Scoot are also leaving now... albeit in trickles... fed up with what is happening at scoot.... rubbish pay, rubbish roster, rubbish lifestyle.... and of course rubbish HR.... better paying jobs in the region that give you a better lifestyle.
Scoot had some survey given to pilots... All that I say here .... Scoot knows... yet nothing has change and nothing will change as along as the incompetent HR stays around... to drive out potential and present crew out!!!!!
It would seem that the Flt Ops mngt guys in scoot are good bunch according to guys in scoot.... Think they have tried to make life better in scoot but constantly been stonewalled by HR morons.
So guys nothing has changed.... stay away...suggest we close this thread as there won't be any improvement.

👆100% Agreed...

desertcamel
4th Mar 2019, 03:59
Hello Guys,

Any New joiners on the B787 Direct Entry Captain?

Im trying to search for some information about the B787 deal. More interested in infos about the initial training for the 787, the Roster pattern, Salary and benefits, Vacation leaves, daysoff per month.

p.s. I have been made aware of the HR issues, taxations and accomodations.

Cheers,
Dc

streetguy
4th Mar 2019, 16:29
STAY AWAY,

Generally agree and accurate description of the company except that Flt Ops management guys in Scoot are NOT a good bunch as described. There must be a reason there is a high turnover of pilots in this company.

There is no smoke without fire.

I would strongly advise potential candidates who want to join to go thru the threads in this forum thoroughly before jumping into this gig and waste a couple of your precious years.

Just_landed
5th Mar 2019, 03:16
I have read this thread uptill feb'17 in an effort to find any and every info I could. Very informative so far, but now I am confused about the 320 capt. salary and its breakdown. One person said 21k sgd, another said 17-18k sgd (taxable ofc). Can somebody please confirm the latest numbers and if possible the complete breakdown of salary and other perks (if available).

Thanks in advance pals.

HHChan
5th Mar 2019, 13:09
dont think is 21K mate

Flyboysg
6th Mar 2019, 00:05
I have read this thread uptill feb'17 in an effort to find any and every info I could. Very informative so far, but now I am confused about the 320 capt. salary and its breakdown. One person said 21k sgd, another said 17-18k sgd (taxable ofc). Can somebody please confirm the latest numbers and if possible the complete breakdown of salary and other perks (if available).

Thanks in advance pals.

1st year Capt 17k Sgd, not Usd, before tax based on 80hrs, yearly increment not fixed and depends on company's and ur performance. Tax around 2k a mth.
21k...yea maybe after 8 yrs if u can survive that long there.
Got friends there, many ppl are unhappy but alot are not moving yet and working it out for family reasons and being in their home base.

If u want money join the great firewall, or join the camels.

desertcamel
7th Mar 2019, 08:06

Thanks in advance pals.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x971/screenshot_20190307_200323_drive_2a13e7f4b19bfc1458deba38fe0 84b1aba855990.jpg

desertcamel
7th Mar 2019, 08:07
I hope this helps to those seeking employment with Scoot.

Dc

desertcamel
7th Mar 2019, 08:10
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x971/screenshot_20190307_200402_drive_34f42a3359a76cad07b6b61f445 b0c4a4f61bf5b.jpg

desertcamel
15th Mar 2019, 10:28
I wihtdrew my application. Not interested anymore.

streetguy
16th Mar 2019, 06:19
I wihtdrew my application. Not interested anymore.

That's a very wise decision.

jetjockey696
16th Mar 2019, 17:12
And before all that you need to pay to attend the interview, flights, hotel and transport. you can jump through SCOOT intensive interview process you need to self-fund for the licensing process, work permit, flight medical etc. make sure find a home after you land.

Its not a lot money left after the taxman and rent. I guess its a young and single person airline. its one of the most expensive cities in the world. a plate of few strips of chicken and rice will set you back 6usd in a hawker stall..

desertcamel
17th Mar 2019, 05:01
The whole joining terms and conditions, are set up for those who are either sponsored, rich kids, and maybe those who have collected their retirements.
A lot of money to put out if youre already a Widebody Captain. The cash out is not worth it.

Maybe for low timers who wanted to build their experience and get a nice type rating (B787 , A320). It might be a good investment for them, longterm.
So, If you have the extra bucks to spend for type rating and expenses they expect you to cover, goodluck and all the best !

Dc

desertcamel
17th Mar 2019, 05:05
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x971/screenshot_20190307_200415_drive_8491f0be503ba2c1f2f20522946 5111a47229375.jpg

yankee10884
9th Apr 2019, 19:45
Hi there
How are you?
I read your message, and actually I have the same question now.
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you what the online tests were.
I would be really grateful if you help me.
thanks

giord
5th Jul 2019, 10:38
Hi guys,

looking to prepare the online tests. I bought a package at ******************, what should I focus on ?
Any tips ?

Thanks !

FlyingSpanner
9th Oct 2019, 15:27
Hi guys,

looking to prepare the online tests. I bought a package at ******************, what should I focus on ?
Any tips ?

Thanks !

How did you get on with the tests?

Check2
18th Oct 2019, 07:06
Hello guys and girls
Wondering if there is any information on the online test? For Scoot. Would greatly appreciate it.

regards

James T. Kirk
18th Oct 2019, 11:25
I have just learned that if you attend selection in Singapore the company expects you to pay for psychometric testing. Surely agreeing to such a thing is proof positive that you're completely round the bend. I have just withdrawn my application.

HHChan
25th Oct 2019, 12:12
what do u mean round the bend? And becos of this u withdrew?

neomatrix101
6th Dec 2019, 01:46
Hello guys. I have trouble with caas air law exam. Anyone with study material to share? Any pm and help us appreciated.

captainpluto
9th Dec 2019, 09:09
After how many days of the assessment do they give you the result and inform you about the joining date? As of today I'm already 7 months since my last flight so will that be a problem?

Guillermo Mayrata
23rd Dec 2019, 22:34
Hello,

Does anyone have Information regarding the whole interview Process for Scoot DEC 787???? I have my interview in less than a month.

I would appreciate any information

Best Regards

Guillermo