PDA

View Full Version : Tablet not starting

Rwy in Sight
19th Feb 2017, 08:34
I have a lenovo tablet Lenovo TAB 2 A10-30 10.1''. As I had forgotten the locking motive I had to do a factory reset and empty the cachet memory. I switched it back on and then it asked me to insert my google mail account connected with the tablet. I did it and then it asked me again to insert a google mail account associated with the tablet.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem and go past the account establishing procedure?

Thanks in advance!

safelife
19th Feb 2017, 12:04
If it's android with Google Apps installed you'll have to sign in with a Google account to get up and running.

G0ULI
19th Feb 2017, 12:08
The tablet is looking for an Internet connection to verify the account details and you are the legitimate owner/user. Set a temporary unsecured open (public) port connection on your wifi router so the tablet can connect to the Internet without being blocked by your security settings in your router.

Once connection is established, you can reset the settings in your tablet to automatically log on to your wifi router. Don't forget to resecure or delete the open/public port on the router.

You may also be able to connect with a cable direct to one of the router ports. There should be instructions in the tablet manual.

boguing
19th Feb 2017, 12:42
There are various ways to get to your Google account.

Some are to get to your email (if you use Gmail) either in the email app or the browser.

But in order that you can do all the Googley stuff you need to log into your account. You can either do that through 'settings' then add an account, or by firing up the Play Store and entering your details. Since you've tried the settings route, have a go through the Play Store and see if that works. Failing that, try logging into YouTube, which also uses you Google account.

Rwy in Sight
19th Feb 2017, 13:55
Thanks for the answers so far.

It is an android. When I switch it on it asks to define the language I want to use and then prompts me to connect to the internet via my router. So far so go.

Then it asks me to insert the email (gmail) account I have associated with the device and the password which I do. And then it returns me to the page asking for again for my gmail - insisting that I have to use the gmail associated with the device. I have logged from a laptop on the gmail of the tablet (and from the laptop) it shows that the log on was successful. However the tablet keeps asking about the gmail account associated with the it and does not allow me to move further.

Any other ideas?

boguing
19th Feb 2017, 14:25
You could try the advice in the bottom half of this page.

https://support.google.com/android-one/answer/6088915?hl=en-GB&vid=0-888280692762-1487517469408

It seems that a factory default leaves something behind, and that you need to go to recovery mode to get rid of it. It may be worth waiting the 24 hours that it suggests.

I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if it works, because the article may shed new light on a slightly different problem I'm having with Google log in.

Rwy in Sight
19th Feb 2017, 15:57
boguing,

I changed the password today around noon it was the fourth time I think I did so so now I have to wait until noon tomorrow before I try again

But I am afraid, for some reason the tablet does not allow me to go past the insert the password scene.

I 'll have to see about it tomorrow or take it to the telecom company I acquired to fix it. I am wondering if it is covered under warranty!

Jhieminga
19th Feb 2017, 18:24
I think the clue is that you need to insert a Gmail account that is associated with the tablet. That means that you need to insert the same information that you entered when you setup this tablet for the first time. The fact that you can login to your Gmail account from other devices is not really relevant here, the tablet needs to know that you are the same owner and therefore needs to see the same user details.

Did you perhaps change to a different Gmail account or did you use someone elses account to setup the tablet the first time?

The only other thing I can think of is that the tablet is unable to contact the internet, but you seem to have covered that situation already. In such a case you would be inserting the correct Gmail address but the tablet is unable to contact the server to confirm this.

Rwy in Sight
19th Feb 2017, 21:05
Jhieminga,

That's precisely what I am doing. I use the Gmail account, I specifically created for the tablet. A brand new account that I have not used nowhere else! No other person has used the tablet. And the connection to the internet is fine!

And as I said before, when I log from the laptop using the specific Gmail account for the tablet, I can see that Gmail shows that I have logged on from the tablet.

G0ULI
19th Feb 2017, 22:24
Try turning off the tablet wifi connection, then setting up the email account settings and router security settings. Then reactivate wifi. (You might need to enter the wifi settings with the tablet wifi switched on though).

I personally don't think the tablet is connecting properly through your wifi, but I could be wrong. That is why I suggest using an unsecured public access port on your router for testing and initial set up.

esa-aardvark
19th Feb 2017, 23:39
You could try re-installing the firmware as described here:-

https://www.leakite.com/2017/02/lenovo-tab2-a10-30-firmware.html

Could be risky. Maybe search the Internet for a better solution.

Rwy in Sight
20th Feb 2017, 04:41
G0ULI, it does not allow me to turn the wifi. The first screen is language selection, the second is to insert a sim card, the third to choose a wifi network (and no "button" to deactivate the wifi connection) and the fourth the request to insert the gmail account. Then it follows the screen with the password and again back the request for inserting the gmail account.

Philoctetes
20th Feb 2017, 08:07
Thanks esa-aardvark (http://www.pprune.org/members/174073-esa-aardvark), that helped with a similar problem!

Jhieminga
20th Feb 2017, 09:07
Rwy in sight, in that case going back to the vendor might be the best step to take. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly but there is something wrong with the tablet or the registration server. Re-installing the firmware is a risky thing to do yourself, and you might end up in the same situation if the connection between tablet and Gmail address is stored on the registration server somewhere. I hope you can get it fixed!

boguing
20th Feb 2017, 10:13
Jhemenga, that's why I said that I'm keen to know the outcome. I too think that there's something going wrong at the Google end of this. I have a lovely Chuwi HiBook 10 Pro that's packaged and ready to go back for a refund because Chuwi can't solve the problem I (and hundreds of others) have with being unable to log into a Google account.

I've done everything except re-installing the OS (and those that have tried it haven't found that it improved the situation), but if this 24 hour thing is actually true I might give it another go before sending it back.

Rwy in Sight
20th Feb 2017, 18:56
boguing,

I took the tablet at the supplier I acquired it from, some 27 hours after the last change of password. He just switched on follow the steps the same way I did but this time it worked - as he was allowed to proceed where I was turned back to re-enter the gmail account and password.

I asked him about the 24 hours wait period but he did not really know it. What was interesting was his comment that a repair after a factory reset and cache memory clearing which led to problems is covered by warranty in 99.9% of cases. So there is hope for your issues.

boguing
20th Feb 2017, 19:03
Thanks, glad yours is sorted. Unfortunately the supplier that I chose is in China... It's going back tomorrow for a refund.

Rwy in Sight
20th Feb 2017, 20:18
I hope you get a full refund (inclusive of your shipment costs). Have you try the 24hour waiting period method?