PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic information

Pages : [1] 2

italian stallion
15th Feb 2017, 17:14
Hi guys and girls

I just been offered an interview at Air Baltic on 737CL, DEC.
Anybody have information on the airline, lifestyle, is the airline stable, etc etc...
Any info will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

WMB
15th Feb 2017, 18:46
Hi,

I first came to Air Baltic in 2008, and except for a year and a half out of Dublin I have been here ever since. (Truth be told I am off to Flybe in April). Latvia is a nice place the summers are warm and short, the winter grey and long, although you don't have the extreme wind of Ireland or the UK. People are generally nice and welcoming to foreigners, rent is a lot cheaper than the rest of Europe(but it is increasing), groceries are a little bit more expensive than I thought they would be, but the good news is you can enjoy excellent food in most restaraunts for a reasonable price.
The aircraft you will fly are not the newest, but well maintained, the destinations are interesting, some with their own challenges, but an experience you will enjoy. I know most of the Boeing Captains, they are a good group of hard working guys, if you respect them, then you will be welcomed to the team. The First Officers are about 80% new guys in the Line Training Program, ( Basically Pay to Fly ☹️), and from what I hear almost all doing a very good job. Pay and conditions are decidedly average, just bear in mind that you may be on a better salary than a guy who has been with the company for 4 or 5 years, if you join now as Direct Entry Captain, so don't gloat about you salary in front of a veteran Captain.
Roster is the biggest bone of contention in the company, in order to maintain the Rīga hub model, it is necessary to have night stops, and more pointedly short night stops/ split duty. The spilt duty on the Boeing is not as common as the Q400, if you do have to do them it will most likely be HEL, TLL or VNO, typically it will mean an arrival around 00:30, depart around 05:30, ( local times),you do get an hotel, just time enough to close your eye for an hour then get a shower and go, check in is around 22:00, check out 06:50 (local), not the hardest duty in the world, but if you get four in a month, they take their toal on your body. Add to that you will also have quite a few long night stops, typically three days away in VNO and TLL as there is no permanent base in either location.
Financially the company is sound, they have never missed a salary for me, even during the darkest of days, the outlook is positive, and with the new CS300 it can only get better. So why no give it a shot?
If you want to know any more message me, I have nothing to loose, or no axe to grind with the company, so anything I say will be as honest and impartial as possible.

Iver
15th Feb 2017, 20:12
WMB - great post!

How long before the Boeings are fully replaced with the CS300s? Are pilots required to pay for training/type when transitioned from the Boeing or Dash to the CS300?

I-PIERLU
16th Feb 2017, 08:38
Ciao,
I've been there almost 2 years, the airline is nice, destinations are cool and some interesting especially to the east...
Not the best roster but you may relax during the winter. On summer they usually fly charters from Riga and also out of base to have some fun. (Italy, Spain...)
Boeing procedures, straightforward and not a pain in the ***...Aircrafts are good old Classics, a pleasure to fly. Colleagues and atmosphere are very nice and relaxed, no stress, training is done in their TRTO next to the airport, everybody relaxed. Usually you fly 2 sector a day, 3 with night stop, seldom out of base from VNO or TLL with morning positioning or night stop.
Riga and surroundings are beautiful, you will be happy to experience all this.
Write me a pm if you need anything else.

WMB
16th Feb 2017, 11:51
WMB - great post!

How long before the Boeings are fully replaced with the CS300s? Are pilots required to pay for training/type when transitioned from the Boeing or Dash to the CS300?

From what I can gather there will be at least another four CS300 delivered this year, the company bought some of the Boeings, exactly how many I have forgotten, but with no leasing payments and the reduced price of fuel, it still makes economic sense to operate these aircraft at least in the short term. There are rumours of wet lease contracts in exotic locations for the Boeing, but I have heard nothing definite. The only wet lease they have operated on a number of occasions was out of Beirut. The Boeing will leave Air Baltic, within the next couple of years, and the Captains will transition to CS300, the First Officers are usually given the opportunity to under go command assessment for the Q400 or continue on the right seat of the CS300. If you do change types then you will be subject to a company bond.

FIRGCCC
5th Mar 2017, 13:38
Hi WB,

First of all, thanks a lot for the info provided. I have been offered a DEC for Q400 and I have a few doubts...In case you could give me an answer, here are the questions:

- where do usually expat pilots live in Riga( I mean what area), and what would be the monthly cost of a three bedroom apartment?
-Is it feasible to have a good lifestyle with my wife and two children in private school?

I would a appreciate any info.

Cheers

I-PIERLU
5th Mar 2017, 16:10
Some colleagues were staying in Panorama Plaza, just 5 minutes from the airport and next to the Spice, a big mall away from the city centre. Some others and me personally next to the centre, prices between 450-750 I think for your needs, 20 minutes from RIX.
Regarding lifestyle I suggest you to take a look and a week in Riga checking the surroundings, a lot of people like it others not at all...

FIRGCCC
5th Mar 2017, 18:35
Thank you I-PIERLU.
I would appreciate info about the net payslip for a Q400 captain, just to know whether I can afford an International School for my kids ... among other things....

Good day for all.

Clapampa
6th Mar 2017, 13:12
Hi Pierlu, it looks to me you are italian (so am I) but I'm going to write the message in english so to be fair to everyone.
Do you know anything about roster schedule? Are there general basic rules being followed by airBaltic? Do you know if there is the possibility to negotiate it trading availability for flexibility (e.g: to short a certain amount of day off to the minimum in order to collect the remaining ones having a longer brake at the end?
Thank you in advance

WMB
6th Mar 2017, 18:31
Most pilots live in the Riga center, some in the Old Town, https://www.ss.lv/en/real-estate/flats/riga/centre/
is the local website most use to find accommodation. If you deal direct with the owner it's better, if you go through an agent you have to pay them a finders fee, which can be up to one months rent. Most of the best restaraunts and night life are in the centre, so it's a great place to socialize. The bus number 22 runs to the airport every fifteen minutes, and takes around 35minutes, but can be quite crowded and very hot in the summer months.

Panorama Plaza is high rise development within ten minutes of the airport by bus, usually with lots of apartments for rent, nicknamed Baltic Tower, given the number of pilots living there. Prices are on the high side, but if a short commute is what you want it is about as good as you can get. https://www.ss.lv/msg/en/real-estate/flats/riga/agenskalns/cncdg.html
If you have a car and want to live outside the center, then the district of Marupe is good and close to the airport, I chose to live in Saliena development in Pinik, which is excellent for families but a bit remote for a single guy. http://www.saliena.eu/properties/apartments/

With regards to International Schools, unless you are a contractor on the 737, then I doubt if your salary will stretch to the annual fees. I live close to two international schools, (with a third to be opened this year) and at home time the car parks are packed with Bentlys, Mercedes, Porshe and BMWs, education is big business in Latvia!

Someone asked about Q400 DEC Salary, PM me as I don't want to publish it here. Within the last month there has been discussions about an 80% contract, that would give you ten days off in a row every month, at the moment only four days in a row are available. This would be prefect for commuting, but it has not been decided yet, but the pilots have been told that they will all progress up a level in the salary scale this summer, which is good news.

FIRGCCC
6th Mar 2017, 21:13
Thank you very much WMB!. I am new on PPRUNE and I am unable of sending PM. I have no idea what is the problem!!. The thing is that I am really interested in the NET salary for a captain on Q400 because my children´s education is first, and as foreigner I guess I can´t put my children on a public school because of the barrier of the language. Anyway, I have received from Airbaltic the working conditions but I have a big doubt. What I need to be clarified is about the block hour rate. Is it in addition to the basic salary and divident payment or is included in the basic salary???. Another doubt is whether the divident payment is monthly or anual??

Thank you very much in advance.

I-PIERLU
7th Mar 2017, 07:54
Clapampa, the roster in BT was hard sometimes but not crazy. Expect 9-13 days off a month, you should have a block of 3-4 days in a row every month, swap with colleagues are easy and pretty fast to do, I was used to get rid of my positioning flights and duties for charters sometimes to have more day off in a row, but you know it's better do not exaggerate to be professional... In my experience 85 hours in the summer 60 in winter as average...
FIRGCCC I can't send you a PM, sorry...

Sirijus
9th Mar 2017, 20:16
Salary info on pilotjobsnetwork is accurate, you can find a gross -> net calculator online. If I'm correctly informed, DECs start at the third year figure (lvl 2)

FIRGCCC
9th Mar 2017, 20:47
Hi Sirijus,

Where on line?

On the other hand, someone (foreigner) ,with children, who is or has been working in Airbaltic can tell me what school did you sign up them?

Sirijus
10th Mar 2017, 10:00
Salary calculator for net and gross earnings in Latvia (http://financialintelligence.eu/useful-information/salary-calculator.html)

This one for example :) you probably will also get offered a different contract which is +500 eur, but that's not for here to discuss

Clapampa
12th Mar 2017, 08:26
Pierlu, thank you so much for the details you shared; by reading different opinions it looks airBaltic is in a nice growing up phase and things (in general) are improving... I had the interview about two weeks ago.... it looked to me it went not too bad but still I'm waiting for official responce... I wish I will be allowed to have a good chance with airBaltic because, for what I saw, I really appreciated the organization smart and friendly, and I really enjoyed the environment with smily and friendly people all around.

bnackdal
7th Apr 2017, 09:27
Great post WMB

I was offered f.o. position on CS300 just now. I know its 5/2 schedule and I will have my family back home. Is there any way to work harder for lets say 4 days and be able to go home for a longer period?

Thanks for info

captplaystation
7th Apr 2017, 12:21
New Jeppesen rostering system has just been introduced, it "should" help a little with the Days Off situation. In any case, you normally can manage one block of 4 a month & maybe a couple of pairs, or a 2 & a 3. In the past Swedish guys seem to have been able to go home fairly often (particularly Stockholm, which is served several times a day ) so, I don't think you will find it all that bad.

Captain Kaboom
7th Apr 2017, 19:47
Does anybody now if you get hired on the Dash 8 as DEC you have an opportunity to go back to jets, the C series?
How does it work, seniority or.....

Iver
9th Apr 2017, 13:44
Here is a good analysis of airBaltic:

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/airbaltic-the-hybrid-lcc-punches-above-its-weight-back-to-growth-and-positive-ebit-in-2016-338288

I taxied behind one of the CS300s recently - a beautiful airplane and bigger than I expected. Any flight reviews of it yet? Anyone on Pprune fly it yet?

bnackdal
10th Apr 2017, 04:31
Thanks captplaystation,

Do you know if there is any felxibility to compress those 5 to maybe 4 days by doing longer shifts?

Clapampa
19th Apr 2017, 09:49
Hi guys, does anybody have information about cs300 life? Flying hours, duties, schedules....
I guess crews have to be pretty busy in this period.
Thank you!

hoox
19th Apr 2017, 11:18
I taxied behind one of the CS300s recently - a beautiful airplane and bigger than I expected. Any flight reviews of it yet? Anyone on Pprune fly it yet?

Can only talk about the CS100. Wonderful plane to fly! The FBW gives you a really good feedback (especially on pitch), HUD works really well. In general quite easy to fly & operate.

What i heard from colleagues trying the 300 in Montreal, it is supposedly even better to fly. More stable, some guys said it was quite similar to an 330 with improved FBW.

david77hh
2nd Jun 2017, 10:57
Hi all,
does anybody know if new airBalitc F/Os on the CS300 "have to buy" a line training? And for what price?
Thanks for any hint

samca
5th Jun 2017, 22:06
They offer me direct upgrade to captain. I'm flying 737NG. Any idea of salary, Roster, type of contract...?

Cheers

Iver
27th Jun 2017, 22:04
Great post WMB

I was offered f.o. position on CS300 just now. I know its 5/2 schedule and I will have my family back home. Is there any way to work harder for lets say 4 days and be able to go home for a longer period?

Thanks for info

Nice video of flying the CS300 at Air Baltic if you are interested:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_tJCnKUx930

Jimmy69
7th Aug 2017, 16:55
Hi Air Baltic pilots, I have a good offer for 737CL type rating with "possibility" to stay at the company in case of good performance during type rating. Any of you have information regarding the present situation in terms of 737 FOs? Do they need FO for 737 or this offer was only "theoretic". I would very much appreciate some info.

Thanks in advance!

JBGTS
16th Aug 2017, 08:38
I spoke to some training center sales person and he confirmed that they are keeping the 737 for at least two more years. That makes sense from what I read that so far only 6 out of their 20 CS300 are delivered which will replace the 737 and until then they will fly. Good luck!

vlkyplky
16th Aug 2017, 13:16
Did anybody register change of conditions for DEC from 12k-15k to half of what was proposed initially...

Clapampa
22nd Aug 2017, 12:23
Hi!
Does anybody can explain the basic roster rules for airbaltic?
They literally say: 5 days/2 days, with 4 consecutive days off, and guaranteed total 8 days off per month.

Morover: home leave ticket are valid only traveling with airbaltic or even with codeshares and interpartners?

Thank you to whoever will be so kind to answer.

Jabulani
5th Oct 2017, 18:16
Actually its more like 6 on, 2 off, some even have 6 on, 1 off, 7 on
I have been told. Q400 staff operates at legal limits.

Home leave tickets only on Air Baltic flights. Nothing more.

Not a good choice if you have family at home, prepare to not see them a lot if not relocating.

Start Fore
6th Oct 2017, 02:53
Sounds great :yuk:

RiPa5
2nd Nov 2017, 14:30
Hi,
I have been offered a B737 DEC contract position. Can anybody tell me how many hours per month captains usually fly and how many days off do you usually get? I would commute to Helsinki but are there any layovers in Helsinki on the 737? Thanks!

captplaystation
4th Nov 2017, 17:12
Hours are very variable. Extra payment is triggered above 60Blk hrs. Last Winter (mainly because of training on CS) the hours were similar to Summer, varying from 75-95 between individual pilots. This Winter, looks like the 60 hr trigger won't be breached.

Days OFF usually 8-12 , with one Blk of 4 , the rest single/double days.

In Summer, very variable, some guys on nearly max (100) others barely making 70. The new rostering system purportedly offers ability to alter work/life-style balance. . . but. . . .

Very few layovers in HEL, that is mainly a Q400 night-stop, although that could change as it used to be Boeing, but mainly short night (Bed 24:00 wake up 04:30 from & to Riga )
This Summer there was also a small charter programme from HEL to Greece etc for some tour company, don't know if it is foreseen again for 2018.

Mr Angry from Purley
4th Nov 2017, 17:19
Saw one in Abu Dhabi other week long flight to Riga but with only 8 pax on it no problem....

pelikancanadair
6th Nov 2017, 08:22
Greetings to everyone.
Do you confirm that all recent options are Riga based?
And also, is there any possibility of commuting roster?
Thank you

RiPa5
10th Nov 2017, 17:14
Yes Riga based, no possibility of commuting roster. I hope I'm wrong.

Sonicfox
9th Jan 2018, 13:38
For all low hour pilots seeking first job, if they ask you to pay for the interview, because they want to make sure your plans are "serious", DO NOT accept, unless you have money to throw away.

Banana Joe
10th Jan 2018, 09:34
I was told by someone currently working there that they intend to keep flying the 737's till 2022 and that next summer there will be another charter program for a UK tour operator. All of this is to take with a pinch of salt. Facts will tell.

Martin_123
10th Jan 2018, 12:38
For all low hour pilots seeking first job, if they ask you to pay for the interview, because they want to make sure your plans are "serious", DO NOT accept, unless you have money to throw away.

is this your own experience or someone told you so? how much did they ask for? I applied, did the online test and now I am invited for an assessment, no mention of any payment. Did they ask you to pay before or after the online test or before the sim?

Jts235
9th Feb 2018, 17:10
Hi! I have my 737 CA assessment next month. Any tips on what kind of questions do they ask on the interview. Thanks

flyinthesky69
12th Feb 2018, 13:31
someone has more information to the new proposed salary scheme for Captains?

AERO75
13th Feb 2018, 08:57
also interested in salary for cpt. appreciate any insider information!

Newbie333
13th Feb 2018, 16:09
ppjn is acutal concerning salary. If you have family think twice to sign, informations given before signature are not the same than after signature. No flexible roster at all, a lot of expats are leaving due to roster now.

Siou2011
15th Feb 2018, 14:56
Great post WMB

Thanks for info

Hi “bnackdal” I would like to know if possible what is the actual monthly salary for a cs300 Fo because I am thinking to apply for the possition due to the end of February ! Please clarify the payment with the tax excluded!!! Thank you in advance for your response

Avenger
19th Feb 2018, 17:11
I just received "out of the blue" an advert for Captains, Captains salaries:

Months 1-3 Gross 3070 Net 2026 Euros PM

Months 4 onwards Gross 8520 Net 6331 Euros PM

Productivity bonus 1500 Euro a quarter and housing 850 Euro for the first 3 months only.

flyinthesky69
19th Feb 2018, 22:21
fixed salary? no wage increase increasing the hours?

Newbie333
20th Feb 2018, 05:31
Avenger

Expect to have a 6/2 6/2 and even 7/2 roster on the Dash, they will push you to all your limits.

CFO told captains to stop complain and be happy to have a job at all, says how they think about the work of their pilots.

Flocks
20th Feb 2018, 12:32
Could it be possible to see some roster of the dash 8 fleet ?

Are all aircraft equipped with EFB, for performance, manual, FPL ...
Usually a turn around how long ?
4 sectors days ?

Thank for the info guys

AERO75
20th Feb 2018, 16:08
Good evening Gentlemen,

I would reaaly appreciate some infos concerning salary cpt dash 8, and an example of a typical roster.
Also via pm, if it should be handled discreetly.

Thanks for your help.

captplaystation
21st Feb 2018, 20:13
To answer Dash questions "Are all aircraft equipped with EFB, for performance, manual, FPL ... " Yes, to all but, FPL is AVA on personal company supplied i-pad, however must be completed in paper form (for now )

Roster involves 1 block of 4 OFF and (on good months) a couple of 2 or 3 day blocks (or maybe several single days ) Rostering preference system helps to a degree. On Q400 expect 4-6 (in a bad month ) short nights (2-4 hrs kip, but, you can come to RIX till 22:00 & leave at 07:00 if you are a commuter , don't worry, you will Zzzz on your DH flt to/from home )

Most turnarounds 25-35 min, but c'mon Ryanair is same with 189 seater, so, it works OK with 76.

4 sector days are more often than not. If you plan on €7000/mth net throughout the year you will neither be disappointed , nor unable to pay the bills.

For Boeing, maybe €500 more (due longer sectors/more Blk hrs) & nightstops tend to be 3/4 nts in a row in TLL/VNO as these are not (flight) crew bases. (yet) & less short nts. Last couple of years had Summer wet leases/charters in Italy/Belgium/Germany /Finland, officially this will not happen this year.

CS, longer sectors (for now ) + night flights (thank you guys I miss them so much )

Overall, it is neither the best, nor the worst, and, is still refreshingly "old fashioned" (in a nice way ) compared to some alternatives, & the company is recently acting annually/ biannually with a large degree of common sense in response to the pilot market situation, which is refreshing.

AERO75
22nd Feb 2018, 11:26
I am really quite interested in the position cpt dash 8-400, it would help me a lot if some can shed some light on the following questions:
how is Air Baltic doing in general? (are the making profit/ how is the outlook for the near future)
how is it working with the pension system?
how is it working with the health insurance specially for dependents?
what are the future fleet plans, is the dash 8 satying or getting faced out?

thanks for any informations on that, feel free to contact me via pm if you don't want to share something in the public forum. once again thanks to all.

captplaystation
22nd Feb 2018, 16:20
Making money at the moment, pax figures continue upwards, Govt talking about selling all or part of its holding interest (can't say I am happy with that part )

Health insurance & pension ? you are best to plan to contribute more, as the "health care" is offered at the basic level (as I understand, haven't used it yet ) & Latvian pension not so great.

Q400 leases run till (if memory serves me well ) 2021, but, I am led to believe they are not so cheap & there is a potential plan to offload them somewhere else & replace with CS100's, but. . . . who knows when, or indeed who is paying, nothing fixed.

For more detail on pensions/health etc , either ask at interview, or drop an email to H.R. they are usually pretty responsive if they sniff a hint of interest on your part.

maik1302
28th Feb 2018, 17:54
Hello guys.

I would like to share with you my experience as Dash8 FO candidate for airBaltic:

I was contacted by Ingmar Kibermanis offering me an assessment for de Dash8, if I was sucessful I had to pay for the Type Rating. Also the assessment have a fee of 500€ which, in case I was successful it would be discounted from the TR :"We are charging this amount just to be sure that your plans are serious. As promised – if you are successful, we offer you to join airBaltic and if you come – we will deduct these 500 EUR from the payment for your type rating.". They also offered me tickets on airBaltic Flights to travel to Riga.

Ok, once time in Riga, the day of the assessment the assessor arrived late because the initial assessor went sick, after this the SIM was very rush; No time for briefings, manouver after manoeuver, directs to some RNAV points, etc. The assessor left after the sim and we didn´t have any technical questions. We had HHRR and Psychological interviews. I was the last one so I was done around 16:00. This was on Friday. Now, Just the next Monday I received the Email asking me if I was available on Wednesday in the morninig for the Skype interview with the chief pilots. Of course I answered I was available. Then, the next day I receive an email:

"Hello, xxxxxx!

I am very sorry but we will have to cancel the interview tomorrow, there is one more important thing came up.

I will let you know later.

Sorry!"

I answered that no problem and I would stay tuned. Of course they did not send me any email along the week, so the next Monday at evening, just in order to plan my life I answered them, very respectfully, if would be possible to know if the interview would be this week. Just in orden to plan my actual work. This was on Monday. They did not sent me any response on Tuesday and, suddenly today, wednesday I received a generic Email :

Dear Miguel,

Thank you very much for your interest and participation in the pilots’ selection process.

However, after careful evaluation of your theoretical, practical and psychological knowledge and tests, it has been decided that your current level of skills is not sufficient for airBaltic standards.

Wishing good luck in your future career!

Best regards,

Nothing else, after have been one week updating my email evry 30 minutes, after have paid "Because we want ensure your plans are very serious" they say good bay with this bad manners.

This post is just because I would like to everybody know what kind of people they are. Just this.

Best of luck everybody.

yankee.romeo
5th Mar 2018, 15:47
Hi Maik,
May i ask you how many guys were you?

AERO75
7th Mar 2018, 06:37
hi guys,

as stated before I am quite interested in the cpts position dash 8 in air baltic. first I wanna thank all of you, who supported me already with a lot of useful informations.
my next question, and hopefully the final one, is, if it might be possible to get a typical roster of a dash 8 cpt. most welcome also via pm.
really appreciate your help once again, tks!

Banana Joe
7th Mar 2018, 09:34
Can anybody confirm they intend to keep the 737 fleet till 2022 instead than 2020?

captplaystation
7th Mar 2018, 19:14
Got your PM, I'll answer it here.

Nobody can answer that question with any degree of certainty, because, aviation/life is "dynamic", what seems like a good plan today, can turn out to be cr@p tomorrow.
The "plans" (such as they are ) in all airlines I have worked for have been subject to change, from slight refining, to complete 180degree turns, I doubt that airBaltic is about to buck that trend.

Internally, 737 phase-out date has had more than a few versions already. Impossible to forecast, because the business plan (no matter how well created ) cannot account for outside influences ( another war somewhere, oil prices go sky high, Bombardier offer a sweetener - & the CS uses 22% less - so, Bye Bye Boeing . . . . nobody has a viable crystal ball ) Current offer for DEC /Fastrack 737 Capt position is for 2 years, but, of course they can terminate with the agreed notice period . . . so why get excited beyond 2020 anyhow ? better to worry about the 1 mth notice period if you have to worry about something.

Banana Joe
7th Mar 2018, 19:41
Nice reply, thanks!

Jabulani
11th Mar 2018, 16:20
Do not expect any kind of social responsibility in AB. You are an exchangable 3LC, not more, not less. They do not care about the health of the pilots.

Fatigue risk management is only written in the books, in real life it is not existant.

Just to give you an example. The office guys (working from Monday to Friday, heated office, fixed hours, no weather influcence, no walking on apron at -20 degrees) have been offered events for stress and burn out prevention. That is the guys who create the nice rosters with 7 working days for pilots, in that 7 days of course you start early (earlier than the first flight in from whereever you live), have a night duty to end after 167 hours, most likely there is no flight to whereever you live).

Commuting is only possible if you live in one of the scandinavian countries, all others are not working.

Any kind of flexible roster as 20/10 will never happen, they do not like it but of course they will promise you "we are working on that".

Trust only informations which are written.

Vacation, not plannable, you will know if you can go worst case 2 weeks in advance. In theory you can add off days to vacation days, in real life you end with a duty period of 7 days after your last vacation day.

Who ever is able to leave will do. Reason: roster, roster, roster, roster.

Capt Flinstone
22nd Mar 2018, 09:02
HolA ! Got a 737 Assessment nxt month >>

MOre info is really Appreciated ! Mucho Gracias RobertO

CL300fo
23rd Apr 2018, 13:14
Hi.

I also got an offer to fly on their C-Series and I would like to hear from an Air Baltic C-Series pilot what a monthly roster roughly looks like.

Thank you already in advance.

Vivek2003
24th Apr 2018, 08:56
Hi,
I also would like to know, when FO CS300 can become CPT? I am interested in direct entry FO CS300 from DHC8 with 1000 hours on type.

FarewellFire
8th May 2018, 09:05

This is not something that airBaltic does. RYR do, BTI doesn't.

Firstofficer92
27th May 2018, 17:26
FO's from all different types in the company are upgraded on the Q400. On paper you need 500hrs PIC to upgrade to CS. In reality, there is a pilot promotion list with a number of pilots (captains) mainly in front of you even if you acquire 500hrs PIC so don't count on upgrade to CS captain any time soon.

Firstofficer92
27th May 2018, 17:35
Could it be possible to see some roster of the dash 8 fleet ?

Are all aircraft equipped with EFB, for performance, manual, FPL ...
Usually a turn around how long ?
4 sectors days ?

Thank for the info guys
If you have flights with layovers, you can expect 2-3 sectors general, rarely 4-5 sectors and then 3th or 5th sector in case of 5 sectors will be to layover destination. Next day either you fly back or go as dead head and can expect 2 sectors. Without layover, occasionally 2 sector days, majority are 4 or 5 sector days, mix of shorter and longer flights. Each pilot has his own efb. FPL is still on paper. Turnaround anywhere between 25-30min (TLL, VNO, PRG, BRU) to 50min or even 60-90min (LED, CPH) there's a good mix in that sense. But you can easily turnaround in 20min and have time left to breath when all goes smoothly.

Mehlsocke
4th Sep 2018, 17:17
Hey guys,

I have an urgent question. I toy with the idea to apply as DEC on the Dash 8. I am current on type and already Commander flying for Eurowings.

At the moment they have increased the salary for Captains and my wife and me can imagine to leave Germany and move to Riga with our children. Does anyone knows if all Dash 8 Captains will be trained for the A220 when die Q400 leaves the fleet? Or do I have to start again as FO. Is the salary correct, 8600 € before tax and approx. 7100 € net salary?

Would you recommand this step or would you stay away from Air Baltic? I also have the opportunity to change on the A320 for Eurowings as First Officer for half the salary I have right now and no upgrade the next maybe 10 years. I guess this sounds terrible, doesnt?

I would really appreciate any advise .

Jabulani
10th Sep 2018, 10:50
@ Mehlsocke, if you want to fly max duty min rest go for it, have sent you a private message....

Sirijus
10th Sep 2018, 11:43
indeed, do not expect more than 9 days off per month, 4 of which in a row, the rest - random. If you attempt having a private life - you will be permanently tired. It is true that all Q400 pilots will move onto the A220, however, joining now, expect to stay until the end of Q400.

It’s a nice company, but the schedule has since long ago been rather bad; commuting is pretty much impossible, and Riga is not for everyone...

Mehlsocke
10th Sep 2018, 15:34
Ok thank you. Commuting is not an Option, we would move there instead. What do you man when saying "not for everyone"?

Sirijus
10th Sep 2018, 16:02
Ok thank you. Commuting is not an Option, we would move there instead. What do you man when saying "not for everyone"?

I admit it was quite a useless comment on my behalf, as the same can be said about most places. I've spent a few years in Riga so I have 'an opinion', but don't feel it's appropriate to share that here.

Jabulani
11th Sep 2018, 09:44
If you attempt having a private life - you will be permanently tired.

Yes and that will be the reason for the upcoming incident, its not the question if but when it will happen. Flight safety is not their number 1 priority at least on the Dash fleet. Do not tell passengers that flight crew is permanently tired because of unhealthy rostering.

q400_driver
16th Sep 2018, 17:48
Yes and that will be the reason for the upcoming incident, its not the question if but when it will happen. Flight safety is not their number 1 priority at least on the Dash fleet. Do not tell passengers that flight crew is permanently tired because of unhealthy rostering.

do you actually work/have ever worked in the company? I feel that there is a lot of rumor milling going on here and a very few facts. The only thing true is that the roster indeed is not commuter-friendly. Like for most airlines - make your base city your home and you'll be fine. The guys typically complaining the most are the ones who try to keep commuting going or who have bad sleeping habits. Eventually they fail and the bitterness comes out.

In the busiest summer months I flew roughly 70 hours a month with about 10 days off, FDP around 125 hours. There is no average roster but generally it looks something like this - 4 on, 3 off, 5 on, 2 off, 5 on, 4 off etc.. Never seen a 6-1, in fact "6 on" I've only seen with some standby days in the beginning or at the end of the period. I get about 2 to 3 short night stops a month and maybe 2 to 3 long night stops.

For the short night stop you check in at roughly 10 in the evening, fly to a close by destination (TKU,TMP, LED, KGD or LPX) you go to the hotel for about 2-3 hours and get back to Riga in the early hours of the morning. Check out before 7 in the morning and you are done.

Generally it's an ok place to work, their maintenance is the best I've seen - aircraft are in top condition, it is very rare to fly with something INOP, and if you do, it won't be long before it's fixed. Yes - some days are tougher than others, but there are very few days in a month when your duty period touches 12 hours and if it does - typically it's because you had long turnarounds/ground time. Most of the time your day is done after 8-9 hours of work. It's not a perfect roster but I prefer it over the Ryanairs famous 5/4 where for 5 days you do 12 hour duty and then spend 4 days in your bed trying to recover your will to live.

Upgrades to CS are happening and Dash captains become captains on CS, no one is downgraded to an FO. There's a system in which you can see the seniority list and who's ahead for an upgrade, the process is transparent, but sure enough if you join now you will probably stay on the dash for a while. Is it going to be till the end? I don't think so, there are some dash captains who don't want to go to the CS simply because it potentially will mean that they could be sent to Tallinn or Vilnius. Then there are the CS/737 FOs who will want to upgrade to left seat sooner rather than later again causing movement in the organization

If I was you Mehlsocke I would be more concerned about your wife/children. Sure enough if your wife likes to be a sit-at-home mom, I guess she will do fine, however any career opportunities for people not speaking Latvian are quite slim outside aviation industry/IT/Finance. There are very few international schools around for your children and the ones that exist seem to be geared towards the super-wealthy Russians.. there's really no middle ground when it comes to education

Sirijus
17th Sep 2018, 12:12
do you actually work/have ever worked in the company? I feel that there is a lot of rumor milling going on here and a very few facts. The only thing true is that the roster indeed is not commuter-friendly. Like for most airlines - make your base city your home and you'll be fine. The guys typically complaining the most are the ones who try to keep commuting going or who have bad sleeping habits. Eventually they fail and the bitterness comes out.

In the busiest summer months I flew roughly 70 hours a month with about 10 days off, FDP around 125 hours. There is no average roster but generally it looks something like this - 4 on, 3 off, 5 on, 2 off, 5 on, 4 off etc.. Never seen a 6-1, in fact "6 on" I've only seen with some standby days in the beginning or at the end of the period. I get about 2 to 3 short night stops a month and maybe 2 to 3 long night stops.

For the short night stop you check in at roughly 10 in the evening, fly to a close by destination (TKU,TMP, LED, KGD or LPX) you go to the hotel for about 2-3 hours and get back to Riga in the early hours of the morning. Check out before 7 in the morning and you are done.

Generally it's an ok place to work, their maintenance is the best I've seen - aircraft are in top condition, it is very rare to fly with something INOP, and if you do, it won't be long before it's fixed. Yes - some days are tougher than others, but there are very few days in a month when your duty period touches 12 hours and if it does - typically it's because you had long turnarounds/ground time. Most of the time your day is done after 8-9 hours of work. It's not a perfect roster but I prefer it over the Ryanairs famous 5/4 where for 5 days you do 12 hour duty and then spend 4 days in your bed trying to recover your will to live.

Upgrades to CS are happening and Dash captains become captains on CS, no one is downgraded to an FO. There's a system in which you can see the seniority list and who's ahead for an upgrade, the process is transparent, but sure enough if you join now you will probably stay on the dash for a while. Is it going to be till the end? I don't think so, there are some dash captains who don't want to go to the CS simply because it potentially will mean that they could be sent to Tallinn or Vilnius. Then there are the CS/737 FOs who will want to upgrade to left seat sooner rather than later again causing movement in the organization

If I was you Mehlsocke I would be more concerned about your wife/children. Sure enough if your wife likes to be a sit-at-home mom, I guess she will do fine, however any career opportunities for people not speaking Latvian are quite slim outside aviation industry/IT/Finance. There are very few international schools around for your children and the ones that exist seem to be geared towards the super-wealthy Russians.. there's really no middle ground when it comes to education

We must be working in different BTs, because my roster sounds a bit different. This is my pattern from end of August until end of October:
6on/4off/6on/3off/6/2/7(!)/1/5/1/5/4/6/2/3/2
October is my first month since April where I have 10 days off, 140-160 duty hours every month with 60-80 block (so yes, a lot of sitting around). Check in is constantly changing between 6am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 10pm, never less than 4 legs per day (except short nightstops, or longer layovers, for them it’s minimum 3 legs per day, including a possible DH flight).

Yes, doable, just how long do you want to do it?

q400_driver
17th Sep 2018, 15:32
We must be working in different BTs, because my roster sounds a bit different. This is my pattern from end of August until end of October:
6on/4off/6on/3off/6/2/7(!)/1/5/1/5/4/6/2/3/2
October is my first month since April where I have 10 days off, 140-160 duty hours every month with 60-80 block (so yes, a lot of sitting around). Check in is constantly changing between 6am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 10pm, never less than 4 legs per day (except short nightstops, or longer layovers, for them it’s minimum 3 legs per day, including a possible DH flight).

Yes, doable, just how long do you want to do it?

Last summer was the same, but what really seems to be working for me is to bid for the long legs, HAM/BRU/SVG etc, I get them and I no-longer have to deal with the pentagons - I believe they are the ones who allow the company to squeeze the juice. Also talk to Mara if you're not happy, they seem to be very accommodating

WMB
17th Sep 2018, 15:40
So Direct Entry Command on the Q400 in Air Baltic is not the life of glamour and riches you expected?? Well I have some even more sad news for you, it’s very similar wherever you go. Any Turboprop pilot knows your pain, it’s the main reason no one really wants to fly one, regardless of type. The Turboprop is there to bring the pax from the regions to the main hub, doing multiple short sectors, and overnights.
Currently I fly anywhere between 75-85 hrs a month,( my worst was 92), usually with around 3 or 4 six sector days a month, thankfully at my base there are not so many night stops, but other bases have crew away for up to four nights. Roster is normally 5/2,but 6 on is not uncommon, but I am getting it easy compared to the First Officers, they are working 90 hrs a month since Christmas past, due to the shortage of crew. Now they are even being asked to work days off, and sell their leave back to the company. Before you start shouting that my salary is better, my current take home is about the same as a level three pay scale with Air Baltic, I do get a company pension, annual leave is thirty five days a year that must be used or lost.
So my advice would be forget about commuting, move your family, live in Riga, otherwise you will burn out. I have been there done that, and know from experience. Use the opportunity to gain command time, and think seriously about what you want from Aviation. I know former Q400 Cpts that have moved directly to left seat jet with other companies because of their time on the Q400, even I have been offered left seat A320, all because I did my time on the Q400.

Sirijus
17th Sep 2018, 21:51
If Riga was my home, I could keep doing it and wait for better days, heck, maybe even fight for them. But it never was, isn't, and never will be; the question, as far as I am concerned, is what's the point of working this tiring roster and getting vacation requests denied, when, in this market, there are plenty of good jobs in nicer places? (spare me the 'grass is greener' lectures). Of course, unless that 4th stripe is the most important thing on the world... Yes, there are DEC jobs going from the Q400, but it's never the place you'd really want to end up in, always just another 'stepping stone', probably a bottom feeder too.

WMB
18th Sep 2018, 11:01
If you find any better Turboprop jobs, sent me the link and I will apply too!! ����

ALPHA 69
16th Oct 2018, 16:58
Hello Everybody,

I hope you all doing fine
Is there any good soul out there who knows, how is it going with Air Baltic recruitment for A220, Are they paying type rating? What is the current payment for FO I heard they have improve conditions.

Thank you in advance, any feedback is appreciated!

Daddy Fantastic
29th Oct 2018, 19:45
Hows AB doing with their DEC on the Q400 with upgrades to A220 within 2 years according to latest adverts? Any scheduling and roster improvements or new bidding system in the pipeline or already active?

q400_driver
3rd Nov 2018, 12:51
Hows AB doing with their DEC on the Q400 with upgrades to A220 within 2 years according to latest adverts?
They are moving along according to seniority. We started this year with about 60 captains on Q400, now about 15 have moved on to CS, so you could say they are moving on rather quickly, in the mean time some FO's are being upgraded to the left seat as well (on Q400)

Any scheduling and roster improvements or new bidding system in the pipeline or already active?
BT will not be a fixed roster company, not in the near future at least while there are 3 different types in operation, if that's what you're asking. And yes, the rosters are still not very commuter friendly.
We use jeppesen bidding system and it seems to give people what they want in most cases.

captplaystation
2nd Jan 2019, 20:46
Last pilot meeting brought upgraded promise of written guarantee 18months from Q400 line check to A220 Capt , joining as Q400 Capt . . . assuming other criteria are met for total hrs etc , and option of 5 4 5 3 roster. I would say it is as good a time as any to join as Q400 Capt if qualified. https://www.airbaltic.com/pilots/?utm_source=gdnen&utm_medium=banner&utm_term=&utm_content=roster&utm_campaign=2018pilotrecruitment&sref=GAW&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuf7z8pLQ3wIVjoWaCh1EzQ8dEAEYASAAEgKr_vD_Bw E

captplaystation
15th Jan 2019, 16:01
3 737's left at end of 2018, at least 5 of remaining 8 planned to be gone this year, so, I would guess not. There was a course of new 737 Capts towards the end of last year, but I would think that would be enough to cover the permanent guys jumping over to A220.

Better to contact HR Dept direct rather than an agency if you want the real story.

Current 737 Contractors have been offered an option to fly Q400 for 18mths after finishing on Boeing, then onto A220 as Capt. Very few will accept, but, as a longer term offer it is not so bad.

Jabulani
16th Jan 2019, 09:04
My experience with Air Baltic, they lie to you whatever they promise, it will not happen, do not believe anything concerning commuting friendly roster, they do not exist.
Management hates the pilotes, they told them "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all",
Dont fool yourself and sign a contract if you have a family, you will have no chance to see them.
People not living in RIX are always ending with a late duty and start again early.
Expect Max duty and minimum rest. Thats what they do not tell you before you sign a contract.
They will promise you "we are working on 20 on 10 off" but they say that since 2010 already! Do NOT believe it, it will never happen!!!

captplaystation
16th Jan 2019, 16:49
The offer to transition from Q400 to A220 is a written one . And they have decided to offer 5 4 5 3 roster initially to new joiners because there aren't enough of them on the Q400.

They are well aware of the difficulty in attracting and retaining folk, at least they have decided to tackle it.

Jabulani
17th Jan 2019, 16:08
The offer to transition from Q400 to A220 is a written one . And they have decided to offer 5 4 5 3 roster initially to new joiners because there aren't enough of them on the Q400.

They are well aware of the difficulty in attracting and retaining folk, at least they have decided to tackle it.

Sorry, but they are not aware of the difficulty in attracting people. Some poor fools will sign that contract and quickly find out that the promised roster "is in progress but not active yet". You can see the roster in earlier posts, I made the same experience. Complaining about rosters like 6/2/6/1/7 made it even worse. Fatigue Risk Management exists only on the paper, they tell people "make sure that you have enough sleep we will not change the roster, its legal". Expect to work up to 7 days with a change from early to late, night and back to late check-in.
Totally different rosters for the local guys of course.

Intrance
18th Jan 2019, 08:23
Have been told the same by friends working there, that it seems to be just another scheme to get people in, but that the actual rosters are quite terrible. I trust these people more than I'd trust the recruitment promises, so just be a bit wary would be my advice to people considering it. Get everything on paper.

Jabulani
5th Feb 2019, 14:48
Todays new job opening for F/O on Dash reads like this:
Conditions for the job application:

The successful candidates should be self-motivated, committed to the highest standards of safety and responsibility, and willing to relocate to Baltic States for the contract duration period

No further questions about commuting options for new crew members.....

captplaystation
6th Feb 2019, 21:19
That is because they don't, and never had, difficulty attracting FO's. The commuting offer was for new Q400 Commanders , as is the A220 offer, to get them in the door.

Dash FO's, if they stay the course, can anticipate Dash Command, followed by the same A220 offer after 18mths LHS on the Crash8 .

Cptnimma
8th Feb 2019, 08:49
Any idea whether the 5/4, 5/3 is mentioned in the work contract and what the plan is with that when people move to the A220?

captplaystation
8th Feb 2019, 15:15
I would anticipate not, it will merely be an option on the Jepp bidding, open , initially, only to new entrants on LHS on Dash.

I would imagine, unless it becomes available to all, unlikely, as we are told it uses more resources, that the option will vanish concurrent with your time on the Dash, but the above is merely my speculation on both points.

dodo14
18th Feb 2019, 01:48
I would like to ask for advice and opinions from everyone related..
just to let everyone know, I don’t mind paying to fly (pay for my own flying course), I don’t mind relocating to another country.
im interested to apply for cadet pilot for this airline.
Any chances for non-european like me?
if i were accepted into the academy, how it is the life?
Anymore feedback and opinion related to this, i would highly thanks for it.

Jabulani
21st Feb 2019, 07:27
What do you expect from a company in which the management tells the pilots "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all".....

trancada
28th Feb 2019, 21:10
Can you feel confident to apply for DEC Q400, even if you have plenty of hours on AIRBUS 320 as F/O?

uberfly
5th Mar 2019, 13:11
Pilot market already at bottom for years. 1140 Euros gross is disrespect to this profession. You can simply earn double of this money being bartender or waitress in most of the West European countries. I am not comparing or complaining but just sad about this conditions.

thatscool
11th Mar 2019, 08:35
Guys,

I am expecting an interview in 2 weeks, would You advise me what to expect?

Any ideas about what kind of technical querstions are they asking?

Thanks for any hint in advance!
:ok:

AERO75
14th Mar 2019, 16:40
Guys,

I am expecting an interview in 2 weeks, would You advise me what to expect?

Any ideas about what kind of technical querstions are they asking?

Thanks for any hint in advance!
:ok:

Assessment was a real nice experience for me. Expect two days, technichal questions were fair and should not be a problem if prepared. People at air baltic and Riga really nice. Simulator a bit challenging, but manageable. Expect raw data hold, Ils, Ga, Eng fail, Vor/Dme approach.
After this short interviews.
Got result shortly after (think there was also a short) skype interview. Personally I really liked the atmosphere and the people. Due to changed circumstances, I decided to turn down the offer. Good Luck.

Jabulani
19th Mar 2019, 00:08
Good decision, you could not believe a single word of all the things they promise you. Expect up to 7 days in a row and single off days. Do not plan any vacation, you will not know if its approved until 2 days before it starts, if you have a family do not expect to see them because you will end late on your last day and start early on your first day after the usual two days off, it will kill your social life.

Flyer007
19th Apr 2019, 05:18
Good decision, you could not believe a single word of all the things they promise you. Expect up to 7 days in a row and single off days. Do not plan any vacation, you will not know if its approved until 2 days before it starts, if you have a family do not expect to see them because you will end late on your last day and start early on your first day after the usual two days off, it will kill your social life.

To Jabulany:

Would you stop spreading here your anger please, just because you have not got something that you expected or the things that you never been promised. All of your comments is an obvious emotions , and nothing else , just misleading information
Airbaltic is not the best, but definitely is not the worst company indeed, overall it is a decent company with decent people . If it does not suit you, or your expectations simply just leave it and find the one that you would like to work for...

Hape
24th Apr 2019, 20:46
Dear Colleagues,

I have an invitation vor the first Step of the recruiting process with airBaltic.
Iˋd like to prepare myself to these stepps...what/ where is the best way to do this?
There is a quite bit off different companies which offer the prep support.
Do you have any hints or experience for me?
The Stepps are.:

1. Online „Tripod IQ Test“ (how to prepare since there are different types of IQ tests)
2. HR. And Tech questions (Maybe sample questions to judge how deep in ATPL questions i have to Jump)
3. Sim Session...which Sim and what to expect?
4. Psych. what to expect and how to prepare
5. I red something about an „Skype Interview“...

Appreciate your feedbacks and thanks in advance.
Best Regards Hape

drsd
8th May 2019, 18:14
A lot of mixed feelings here for sure.
I just sent my application for DEC on Q400 although I'm wondering if the requirements really can be correct.
Can it be correct that they accept DEC captains without any CS25 PIC time? When I read the job application they only require 3000h total and 1500 on CS25.

Jabulani
13th May 2019, 11:48
@ Flyer007, guess you are one of the local guys with the nice rosters, open your eyes, there is a second type of roster for the non-locals, all I share is the experiences I had, nothing more, nothing less.

You might have been at the same pilots meeting where the management told the pilots "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all".

In how many airlines did you work so far? I can compare this company to some other and sorry to say if punctuality is ranked higher than safety then everythin is said...

bumpy737
13th May 2019, 19:55
Is really safety that bad with them? Why I’m asking - they are flying for Lufthansa out of MUC and Lufthansa is pretty strict during their safety audits...

WMB
13th May 2019, 21:57
Jabulani, unless the entire Dash training team has been abducted by aliens within the last two years, your talking rubbish. I know the Type Chief Pilot, and if your not up to scratch, then you not going to be flying in a Baltic aircraft for very long. What they didn’t tell you in the glossy brochures at flight school is that it’s hard work, especially on a Turboprop, and in a long Baltic winter it’s can be even tougher. Honestly it’s not a job that suits everyone.

MikeHoncho
14th May 2019, 03:16
Hey guys,

I am looking to the Air Baltic Q400 DEC position. Who has experience living in Riga? Especially with kids? It looks like there are only a handful of International/ privat schools and they are crazy expensive. My kids already had to learn 3 languages so I don't want to put them through the pain of learning a 4th one which happens when going to a public school..

Thanks

Capt Flinstone
17th May 2019, 07:12
Stay far away from this bs company !!!!! Worst in the industry !!!!

drsd
21st May 2019, 14:50
Stay far away from this bs company !!!!! Worst in the industry !!!!

Why? Please elaborate.

Meester proach
21st May 2019, 16:57
Have a look at all “ capt flinstone “, posts and you’ll see.......among loads of assessments he/ she appears to have been to is an air Baltic one.

drsd
21st May 2019, 19:17
Have a look at all “ capt flinstone “, posts and you’ll see.......among loads of assessments he/ she appears to have been to is an air Baltic one.

Ahh I see. No bueno on the result I assume.

negativeclimb
24th May 2019, 20:46
Maybe capt flinstone belong to a 500h P2F hours bought in Airbaltic and is trying to keep everybody far away from this company, hoping that no one will relieve his seat before his contract will expire and hoping that he will be extended.

philipB737NG
24th May 2019, 23:31
Hi,
Has anyone some info on the first assessment step, the IQ Test they talk about?
thanks

drsd
26th May 2019, 10:01
Hi,
Has anyone some info on the first assessment step, the IQ Test they talk about?
thanks

It's a mix of logical thinking, math and spatial thinking.
Not that difficult.

q400_driver
2nd Jun 2019, 09:41
@ Flyer007, guess you are one of the local guys with the nice rosters, open your eyes, there is a second type of roster for the non-locals, all I share is the experiences I had, nothing more, nothing less.

A lot of us actually share rosters between us in order to swap some duties whenever needed and I can assure you there is no difference between local/foreign pilot rosters, not on the Q400 anyway. I understand things might have not worked out for you very well, you have let your concerns known to everyone, but I would kindly ask you to not get carried away by blaming the company for nepotism, especially when all chief pilots and most management pilots are foreigners

Flyer007
4th Jun 2019, 05:12

You might have been at the same pilots meeting where the management told the pilots "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all".

In how many airlines did you work so far? I can compare this company to some other and sorry to say if punctuality is ranked higher than safety then everythin is said...

You always have a choice to stay or to leave.... if everything is so bad there, why are you still there ?
Maybe the problem is not in the particular company or companies, but simply something is wrong with your expectation and attitude.......
Anyway, have a nice day and I hope that one day you will find an airline that perfectly suits you ..... :)

PilotRoger
5th Jun 2019, 10:59
Was wondering if anybody could provide me with an email address for the people in charge of recruitment. I dont want to apply with the automated system without getting a bit of further knowledge, hence why I wish to contact them.

PM please with the email address

Regards

You better do your own research, I don't think they will be answering emails anytime soon, since there seems to have more candidates than positions available.

drsd
6th Jun 2019, 09:47
Was wondering if anybody could provide me with an email address for the people in charge of recruitment. I dont want to apply with the automated system without getting a bit of further knowledge, hence why I wish to contact them.

PM please with the email address

Regards

Apply through the correct channels, the process takes 5 min. You will get an email very quickly from an actual person who can answer your questions.

nenepilot
9th Jun 2019, 15:23
Hi guys, I've seen a lot of posts, but none specific on the AIR BALTIC INTERVIEW process.
Can anyone help people to understand how is the TECH interview?

About the IQ test just look into several online test and choose among the most difficult ones, it will be fine.
SIM assessment is quite obvious and everybody should know what to expect and HR is too personal to prepare for it.

Would the ACE publication be enough for the interview?

THX.

drsd
10th Jun 2019, 15:57
Hi guys, I've seen a lot of posts, but none specific on the AIR BALTIC INTERVIEW process.
Can anyone help people to understand how is the TECH interview?

About the IQ test just look into several online test and choose among the most difficult ones, it will be fine.
SIM assessment is quite obvious and everybody should know what to expect and HR is too personal to prepare for it.

Would the ACE publication be enough for the interview?

THX.

I was asked some technical questions about my current type and de-icing fluids. The others I was with got asked about RVSM and MSA except for stuff about their current type. Do the prep at latespilotjobs and you'll be fine.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The tempo in the sim was crazy though. Make sure you know the profiles perfectly and to TRIM. In 30 min I did takeoff, maneuvers, 3 approaches 2 engines and OEI, 2 go arounds (1 OEI) and landing.

drsd
10th Jun 2019, 15:58
Thanks, appreciate the input. I don't expect positive outcome though. Not because of my lack of experience, however my lack of EASA Atpl. I have an ICAO ATPL, and can't seem to find any reasonable conversion process short of sitting all 14 exams and a flight test.

What you described was the required conversion process.

nenepilot
10th Jun 2019, 16:13
I was asked some technical questions about my current type and de-icing fluids. The others I was with got asked about RVSM and MSA except for stuff about their current type. Do the prep at latespilotjobs and you'll be fine.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The tempo in the sim was crazy though. Make sure you know the profiles perfectly and to TRIM. In 30 min I did takeoff, maneuvers, 3 approaches 2 engines and OEI, 2 go arounds (1 OEI) and landing. thank you dsrd,
can you be more specific on the type oriented question?
what kind of tech spec they are looking for?

i already have done the IQ.

many thx for your reply, it’s useful.

stoneangel
22nd Jun 2019, 19:20
hey Guys,
Currently on jet (corporate) , I try to figure out the pros and cons.
My main concern is that the A220 is not a TR so common and need to get a new TR if I want to move onto the A320 for example.
What about the bond ? 3 years ? for 36000 euros, is it correct ? (it is what I heard).
For me the positive points is the possibility to build hours quicker.
The cons : moving to Riga with a little family...

feel to share more informations and some points I may have missed.

Thanks a lot!

Banana Joe
22nd Jun 2019, 19:23
I'd say try Brussels Airlines and Air France over airBaltic.

The few I know at airBaltic have left or are about too.

drsd
29th Jun 2019, 08:43
thank you dsrd,
can you be more specific on the type oriented question?
what kind of tech spec they are looking for?

i already have done the IQ.

many thx for your reply, it’s useful.

Just some basic limitations. A little about a couple systems ( a couple tricky ones). Very few questions, just too see that you know the type you’re on.

drsd
29th Jun 2019, 08:44
I'd say try Brussels Airlines and Air France over airBaltic.

The few I know at airBaltic have left or are about too.

What fleet are they on? How come they are leaving?

Jabulani
12th Jul 2019, 13:32
Roster, Roster and Roster, think twice if you want your family to move to Riga, if you have other options, take them.

6 on, 2 off, 6 on, 1 off, 7 on

If you like it like this give it a try, and yes, there are big differences between rosters for locals and others

PilotRoger
12th Jul 2019, 14:12
As starters, from jet, an airline job would give you a boost in your career, so the A220 is not bad at all. If you are considering it, then do proper research specially since you are thinking to bring your family to Riga. Don't take me wrong, I liked Riga, but I was single, I'm no sure if with family is good (but that just me).

If you are looking to build hours and have a "better rating" then you should try RYR, WZZ (who are bonding you the rating), i honestly don't know about EZY thought. And yes, rosters , check the rosters.

FarewellFire
21st Jul 2019, 18:25
I just want to chip in that international schooling in Riga is VERY expensive and the company will not chip in for that. So if your kids are of that age then you´d find yourself pay most of your salary in tutoring fees unfortunately.

duncanidaho50
15th Aug 2019, 10:14
Roster, Roster and Roster, think twice if you want your family to move to Riga, if you have other options, take them.

6 on, 2 off, 6 on, 1 off, 7 on

If you like it like this give it a try, and yes, there are big differences between rosters for locals and others

My current offer (initial email from them) says 5/4 5/3 guaranteed roster...

Not sure if it's all true or not.
Also I heard this confirmed 1.5 years captain on Q400 and then upgrade to A220 also has slowed down and it's longer wait due to delayed delivery?

Any news on that?

ron83
17th Aug 2019, 12:28
Any A220 fleet pilots in here?

I have few questions, PM if you can pls.

Cheers.:hmm:

stoneangel
17th Aug 2019, 12:46
hey Guys,

thanks for your inputs, though, I see you mention a lot about the roster but how about on A220 ? what roster to expect..?

Will Co
17th Aug 2019, 16:22
The roster is non-commuting unless you take the 5/4 - 5/3. So far it has not been very popular because you lose bidding if you take it. As for the slower move to A220 => Nothing has been stated by the company except max 1,5 years on the Q400. The rest is just speculation.

Jabulani
3rd Sep 2019, 10:04
Do not trust anything they tell you, there is a big gap between promises and real life. As fas as I know they just try to trick people to sign the contract and thereafter they will not remember to have made any promises at all.

Ask yourself why they hire all year long. As soon as people realize that they have been fooled they try to leave as soon as possible.

At least none of the guys I know did pay anything back as according to latvian law any kind of bond is illegal.

QuentinB
20th Sep 2019, 08:12
Hi everyone.

There is a lot of truth in what is said by @Jabulani and I am someone with a bad experience, just facts after 1 year there.

Fixed roster is only for DEC Q400 but you lose bidding yes and the captain bonus (of course they can't play with you so no bonu), but I know a CPT who choose it and he is happy. So to switch to CPT A220 they promise 18months (after line check) and if they can't respect it (bonus).

Concerning A220 :
No fixed roster at all ! 4days off in a row granted a months (not always when you want them... bidding is a dark world).

Summer is crazy to be honest, we are short of pilots so never bellow 85 block hours (from May to October included) with 8 days off or 7, about 10 to 15 nights outstation and no vacation during this period...
In winter it's more 5/2 5/4 5/2 and less nights outstation (I had 5 max)

Life in Riga:
As said above, moving to Latvia with a Familly can be a challenge as FO A220 with all the nights outstation, late CheckOut and early CheckIn around days off etc etc, so it's hard to commute as well , or you aren't from far away and close to airport.
Riga city is very nice, I like it a lot, in summer is super cool to just seat on a terrasse with friends etc.

As a conclusion I would say that to built quickly hours and experience it's a good company, working in a multi culture environment is a good point, but your social life will be reduce for sure..

Good luck,

FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot
24th Sep 2019, 20:53
Hi All,
I was wondering if someone can provide some more information about the on line test runned by Air Baltic ? what is it about ? are there Math or physic problems ? What else how much time ? is there a web site where it is possible to practice ?
Thank you in advance for your reply
FGF

sotis
7th Oct 2019, 07:51
Hi there , hope you are doing great.
Appreciate any feed back for the on line test ??

Have a great day ahead.

Happy landings !!!!

spaflyer
12th Oct 2019, 21:34
Hello! Will be the next 3 days in Riga for the assessment, anyone else going? in case someone want to meet for a beer drop a line! :)

TIG1
15th Oct 2019, 06:16
Hello! Will be the next 3 days in Riga for the assessment, anyone else going? in case someone want to meet for a beer drop a line! :)

Hi! Hope the assessment went good for you! can you please provide a feedback on how it was? Thanks!!

Luray
20th Oct 2019, 23:06
I passed a220 assessment a few months ago and it was easy. They were looking mostly at your attitude and crm skills.
After signing the contract and completing my conversion course and receiving uniform and airport pass i was fired without a reason. While being fired they mentioned something crazy like my ethnicity and background wasn't clean and white enough for them - don't know what it means whatsoever as i have a very solid background with reputable EU airlines.

hans brinker
21st Oct 2019, 01:21
I passed a220 assessment a few months ago and it was easy. They were looking mostly at your attitude and crm skills.
After signing the contract and completing my conversion course and receiving uniform and airport pass i was fired without a reason. While being fired they mentioned something crazy like my ethnicity and background wasn't clean and white enough for them - don't know what it means whatsoever as i have a very solid background with reputable EU airlines.
I have no words...

Intrance
21st Oct 2019, 12:42
Free A220 rating at least?

Luray
21st Oct 2019, 17:12
Free A220 rating at least?

I got a free writing pen and nice welcome postcard with a220 picture that says "future begins now")

Intrance
21st Oct 2019, 20:14
I got a free writing pen and nice welcome postcard with a220 picture that says "future begins now")
Aww, too bad. I've worked with companies that were disorganized to the point where contracts that included bonding agreement were only asked to be signed after the typerating had already been completed, leaving the door wide open for people to walk away with a free rating. So I was kinda rooting for you :p.

In all seriousness though, sorry for such an experience. Racism is quite alive in certain groups of people in the Baltics.

Aso
22nd Oct 2019, 07:24
Is Air Baltic still flying the 737 and taking on 737 FO / captains?

q400_driver
23rd Oct 2019, 16:36
Racism is quite alive in certain groups of people in the Baltics.

would you not think that if this was in any shape or form racism related, he wouldn't get past the HR? Plenty of ethnicities and backgrounds represented in the company. People who get booted from the company course tend to be (and I'm not suggesting that this is the case) either with poor attitude, skipping courses, being late without notifying anyone - or - people who show up under influence.

4 are to remain till the end of next year. Hiring situation is very dynamic as the fleet now is so small, so today they're not hiring, tomorrow they might, if a spot opens up. Temp positions only

Luray
23rd Oct 2019, 17:48
would you not think that if this was in any shape or form racism related, he wouldn't get past the HR? Plenty of ethnicities and backgrounds represented in the company. People who get booted from the company course tend to be (and I'm not suggesting that this is the case) either with poor attitude, skipping courses, being late without notifying anyone - or - people who show up under influence.

I have to provide for my family and can't afford to be late or drunk or have a poor attitude. I am glad you had a good experience with BT, but it doesn't mean i was as lucky as you are.

q400_driver
23rd Oct 2019, 18:09
I have to provide for my family and can't afford to be late or drunk or have a poor attitude. I am glad you had a good experience with BT, but it doesn't mean i was as lucky as you are.

like I said, I'm not suggesting you had a bad attitude, it's just something that sometimes happens. Another thing to look at, did you met the requirements in the first place and were the evidence of this presented to the company in a clear way? Some of the requirements for A220 FO position include EU citizenship (I understand you don't have it from your other posts?), 300 hours on an FMS/EFIS equipped aircraft above 5.7 tonnes (again, I understand you have a ATR72 and B300 rating but limited hours on them?).. Of course it's not nice from the company to accept you in the first place and only then to reject you because you didn't match the requirements, but part of the responsibility lies down to you as well to make sure that your citizenship and experience on the specified type is clearly visible on your resume and that you apply to a position only if you match the criteria.

Luray
23rd Oct 2019, 19:01
like I said, I'm not suggesting you had a bad attitude, it's just something that sometimes happens. Another thing to look at, did you met the requirements in the first place and were the evidence of this presented to the company in a clear way? Some of the requirements for A220 FO position include EU citizenship (I understand you don't have it from your other posts?), 300 hours on an FMS/EFIS equipped aircraft above 5.7 tonnes (again, I understand you have a ATR72 and B300 rating but limited hours on them?).. Of course it's not nice from the company to accept you in the first place and only then to reject you because you didn't match the requirements, but part of the responsibility lies down to you as well to make sure that your citizenship and experience on the specified type is clearly visible on your resume and that you apply to a position only if you match the criteria.

I have enough experience, in fact double of what was needed and all was proven by official reference letter from my previous airline. And my citizenship was first thing they asked during the interview, not to mention i am a legal resident with the right to work in EU. BTW, they also told me that my citizenship will be exception as i showed a very good results during my assessment.

This conversation is going off topic and since i don't want to discourage anyone from applying lets not escalate it.

Aso
24th Oct 2019, 07:16
Where is/are the A220 sims based? I know they have a 737 Classic sim but also an A220?

Luray
27th Oct 2019, 21:47
Where is/are the A220 sims based? I know they have a 737 Classic sim but also an A220?
They are using the sim in Frankfurt at Lufthansa training. A few weeks ago they also assembled their own A220 FFS in Riga but it will take time to get all the paperwork and certification.

bugs bunny
31st Oct 2019, 07:13
Hello,
Has anyone recently completed the online IQ assessment?
Is there a good website where to practice?

FarewellFire
31st Oct 2019, 10:46

Captains? No. They are keeping a few line trainers on board and the rest are being moved to the A220.
FO´s? Almost everyone is being moved to the A220 or Dash. Wouldn´t be surprised if they keep accepting P2F though.

TheKing
1st Nov 2019, 10:27
Hi there,

Anyone done the Tech interview and SIM for the DEC on the Q400? Any info would be highly appreciated.

Luca93IT
2nd Nov 2019, 16:51
Hi guys,
I'll do psychologic, technical interview and sim check next month for Q400 FO and I'd like to know some feedback about those days.
I'd like also to know some more information about roster, salary, environment, life in Latvia etc.
Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Rocket61
3rd Nov 2019, 06:45
Hi, also interested in some info about the airline, especially roster on Q400. I heard around 60h/month, how many days off ? Are they often paired/tripled ? Is there any commuting possibility with the Q400 roster at BT ? Thank you

q400_driver
3rd Nov 2019, 11:57
Hi, also interested in some info about the airline, especially roster on Q400. I heard around 60h/month, how many days off ? Are they often paired/tripled ? Is there any commuting possibility with the Q400 roster at BT ? Thank you

Around 60h a month is about right. A little more in summer, little less in winter. Depends a little bit on how you bid as well, I've seen guys scoring 90 hours and some just 30, but in general they are trying to equalize hours between people. Days off - minimum is typically 8, if you're lucky some months you might see 9 to 11. They have to give you a block of 4 days off per month, the rest is scattered across the roster. New captains can get a deal with a fixed 5/4/5/3 pattern with a caveat that you loose captains bonus and bidding. For FO's there is no bonus or fixed roster. Commuting with non-fixed roster is possible only if you live somewhere near by in the Baltics. There is no clear pattern for rosters. You can get an early start at around 6am and finish anywhere between 12pm to 6pm. Late start can begin anywhere between 11am to 5pm and finish at 10pm-11pm. Then you have short night stops starting at 10pm, spending some couple of hours in a hotel in an outstation and returning the next morning at around 6 to 7 am. Then you have layovers in Helsinki, Palanga, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Turku, rarely Vilnius.. Or you can be sent to Tallinn to do up to 4 nights in TLL and fly from there

Salary wise what is listed on https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Air_Baltic is roughly about right.

Q400 is not the easiest aircraft to fly, the climate we operate in throws in additional challenges, roster is difficult, salary is on the lower end of the scale. On the other hand, planes are maintained in excellent condition, upgrade opportunities are probably one of the best in EU and personally I think in terms of job security I feel a bit more confident here than I would in most carriers in EU (our load factors are at around 75% and our ticket prices are not the cheapest ones around)

Cost of living in Latvia is probably a fair bit lower than in most places in Western Europe, it is generally safe, people don't riot, don't have any sort of extremists running around etc. On the negative side, winters are dark, cold and long, coming here with family and children can be difficult as international schools are expensive and hard to find.

Rocket61
3rd Nov 2019, 12:27
Thank you for those very detailed info. In fact, If not commuting, i was interested in being able to go back to Germany quite often on days off to see my family there, but still having a place to live in Riga. If days off are always single, it can be quite tricky, but if they at least come in pairs, it is far more doable. I suppose there is absolutely no way for a FO to negotiate a fixed roster. What can you bid in the system : flights, days off, everything ?

And do you have any idea on how many FOs they need for the Dash fleet ? It might be quite low... Is there a pool ?

q400_driver
3rd Nov 2019, 17:23
Thank you for those very detailed info. In fact, If not commuting, i was interested in being able to go back to Germany quite often on days off to see my family there, but still having a place to live in Riga. If days off are always single, it can be quite tricky, but if they at least come in pairs, it is far more doable. I suppose there is absolutely no way for a FO to negotiate a fixed roster. What can you bid in the system : flights, days off, everything ?

And do you have any idea on how many FOs they need for the Dash fleet ? It might be quite low... Is there a pool ?

We connect with Germany quite well, there are multiple flights a day going to Munich, Berlin, Diseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg etc, you will also have access to ID (staff) travel that will give you serious discounts on other carriers, such as Lufthansa, so I would say Germany shouldn't be a problem as such. I read that your location is Rome and that could be a bit more problematic. They will pair 2 days off as well whenever they can.

Bidding wise, you can bid on days off, flights, layovers etc. Some people who commute like to bid for a night stop followed by a day off, so they finish a flight at 7am in the morning and go straight to next aircraft that will take them home. Some other people bid for TLL layovers, this way you can get a decent work week with plenty of flights that result in more days off.

Regarding FOs, there is no pool as far as I know. We have about 50 FOs on dash at the moment. We need probably about 60. The very first Pilot Academy group is about to finish and they will all start on the dash in the next few months, there's 12 people there. At the same time lots of guys on the top of the seniority list are very close to moving on to the left seat and the guys in the middle will move to the Airbus. Realistically I expect to see a massive movement in the next half a year or so. If they are recruiting, the vacancy is there. You also have to take into account that if they hire you tomorrow, it will probably take around 2 to 3 months before you even get close to the aircraft - company course and type rating takes time!

Giak
6th Nov 2019, 13:18
Hi I have been invited 8th of December for the assessment in Riga , anyone invited too ? Any suggestions or tips for the assessment on the Q400?
about the online test for those who asked it was quite straight forward with some English idioms some easy math problems and some shapes where you need to choose the different ones.

Luftganza
21st Nov 2019, 08:42
Hello everyone,
I have the assessment on the 8th of December too. Does everybody go through the b737-300 sim? What kind of air-exercise should we expect?

Thank you in advance

Luray
22nd Nov 2019, 13:42
Hello everyone,
I have the assessment on the 8th of December too. Does everybody go through the b737-300 sim? What kind of air-exercise should we expect?

Thank you in advance

Takeoff (be sure to check rvr not to low), follow radial outbound and answer some basic math questions like - give estimate arrival time of outbound 30 miles and return. then maybe few tcas ra and engine failure. On first approach expect go around with special one engine out departure procedure and maybe windshear. Not very hard though few people occasionally crash in windshear)

Luftganza
22nd Nov 2019, 14:02
Thank you sir,

Do they use RIX or some other airport?

Luray
24th Nov 2019, 05:21
Thank you sir,

Do they use RIX or some other airport?

I was expecting RIX, but they put me in HEL.

Jabulani
30th Nov 2019, 15:35

Forget it, it will not work, 2 days off will give you less than 24 hours at home if you are not living in one of the cities they fly to, know someone who tried it and failed with the attempt to have a family life. New job offers say you have to relocate in any case.

yannko
1st Dec 2019, 04:31
Why not relocate to Riga, it is a great place, really had a good vibe from it. I am sure you can have great time and make interesting projects out of work even.

drsd
14th Dec 2019, 11:07
Hi there,

Anyone done the Tech interview and SIM for the DEC on the Q400? Any info would be highly appreciated.

I did back in may and passed. Shoot me a PM if you want more info

Bruno22
20th Jan 2020, 08:34
Hello everyone!
Does anyone have some information about salaries for junior FO ? How many flight hours do they usually fly a month ? How many years on average does it take for a junior FO to become a captain in the company ?

Thank you very much for answering.

q400_driver
26th Jan 2020, 10:00
Hello everyone!
Does anyone have some information about salaries for junior FO ? How many flight hours do they usually fly a month ? How many years on average does it take for a junior FO to become a captain in the company ?

Thank you very much for answering.

Pay wise really depends on the fleet and what sort of contract you have. If you refer yourself as a junior, I assume you have no previous commercial experience, therefore likely you will go to the Q400. On a q400 expect around 60 hours a month, you are paid from day one, but the full salary kicks in after 300h after line check (should happen some 8-9 months after you join). I don't know what it is before, they have increased the numbers since I joined, you should get in the area of around 1000 after tax a month. After 300h - it depends whether you paid for the TR yourself or did they give you a loan. If you paid for it yourself, you should get around 3000 eur a month after tax. If they gave you a loan, you should get around 2200 after tax. If you fly night flights, red dates etc, it goes up quite noticeably. Also every block hour after 60h is paid extra 33eur. Every year you move up by a level and your salary goes up

For A220 it is different as those guys are considered experienced FOs and they get a full salary from day one, they don't pay for their TR and they often fly more than 60 hours, on a busy summer month with a lot of night flying they can easily bring home around 5k a month or even more on the level 1 salary.

As for becoming a captain, minimum upgrade requirement is 2400h if you've been in the company on a q400 since day 1, for everybody else it is 3000h. You are looking at around 4-5 years minimum. A lot of it depends on you however, they don't just hand out the 4th bar on your stripes whenever time is up, they are making you work for it, you have to go through selection, interview process, pass quite a few tests, and quite frankly, chief pilot office have to like you.

PIL0T123
1st Mar 2020, 19:27
Hi Guys, for anyone considering joining BT I will just give my input here, as it might be useful in your decision making process. I worked for the company for 2,5 years. It is pay to fly, so the airline does not see you as an assest they can work with to generate income, they see you as the income. the financially aspects of the job is, in my opinion terrible, they not only ask for 34000 euro for a q400 rating but aswell for you to work for "free" for 300h, was 500h when I joined. after that you will have a net pay of around 3000-3500 euro but please take into account the roster is terrible, the amount of hours you will spend at work is very high due to their hope and spoke model of operation. You are paid very little for the time spend on the ground in between flights, whichh can easily be a few hours, so again your time for free. Flight time to duty time is in the low 40% and this is not taking into consideration the amount of hours you spend in hotels off duty and out of base, and due to the companies expading policy this will only likely increase in the future, and on the topic of layovers, the per. diems is less than the price of a propper meal, plus no compensation for your time spend on a layover when not flying. the salary is also on average 30% lower than an equal lvl a220 pilot if you look at net pay pr. duty hour. On top of all this loveliness you are also doing split duty flights, go to work late evening, fly 40min up to Finland, go to a hotel and sleep 2,5h get up and fly back and put your less than 2h block in your logbook, you dont have to be a doctor to realize that this ofc has severe health consequences and in general the company fly at night so you would have to be prepared for that and the health impairment that it brings. days off are minimum in summer month and good luck with getting vacation in the summer aswell, this however is general for the business. Now for the good things, this won't be long don't worry, facilities are to a high standard and there is a pleasant working environment and good colleagues, for expats there is a good camaraderie outside work and Riga is a nice city to live in, it is quit a lively city.

I have tried to be objective here, but I must say it is hard to defend a company using the P2F model and the amounts of people leaving the company is evidence of this, hence them opening their own pilot academy, they are fully aware of the horendous condition, I flow with the no.2 in the company, the person responsible for the finances and asked him critically about the terms, he defended it by sayint that in latvia you have easy acces to beautiful poor women, yes this is the level of professionalism.

for info, it took me 20 month to earn back the 34000 I paid them to operate their equipment however with the 500h "unpaid" flying. this is without taking living cost into consideration for this period. so be prepared for around 2 years of free labour.

My advice would be to only take this job if you have exhausted all other opportunities on the marked.

XMV6
2nd Mar 2020, 20:29
Hello,
I've got the first confirmation letter and a link for the online IQ Test.
Does anybody know what kind of test it is and is there any possibility to get an example of this test?
Maybe someone already passed it and have saved the layout of this test and questions?
Thank you

Jabulani
8th Mar 2020, 11:59
@ Pilot 123, you nailed it, working conditions are worst and its only a matter of time when a tired pilot will cause an accident, I left for the same reasons as you did but as long as they find people to accept the conditions they will not change anything.

My favorite answer of this finance guy was " do not complain and be happy to have a job at all"

q400_driver
11th Mar 2020, 12:57
forget it. Company announced today, that due to critically low booking figures, they are reducing the capacity for the summer season and are looking to let go close to 250 staff. Bad times ahead.

dirk85
11th Mar 2020, 16:27
They were having interviews and simulators yesterday in Riga. That was quick.

PilotRoger
11th Mar 2020, 16:29
forget it. Company announced today, that due to critically low booking figures, they are reducing the capacity for the summer season and are looking to let go close to 250 staff. Bad times ahead.

Not the best times, RYR, WZZ, EZY stop all recruitment and all contractors are gone. So I wouldn't care nothing less than Job Security.

FarewellFire
12th Mar 2020, 14:55
Another 100 crew will need to leave, adding up to a total of 350. This was announced today.

stoneangel
20th Mar 2020, 19:53
Thanks Pilot123
Glad I did not pass the interview...
and according to the situation now, I am even more glad that I did not make it LOL I would probably be out of job (laster hired) or would lose it during type rating...
I still have my job. Thanks air baltic, good luck to you though...

Pilotfly-FL410
2nd May 2020, 16:04
Some information about the interview :

1Day

A written personality test that you will receive at the airBaltic Head Office (Tehnikas street 3) reception, it takes about 2 hours, it should be done on ??? and left at the reception. You can come in for the test any time between 9:00-16:00 local time.

Free Wifi there 😊 Question see at next Replay (Fragebogen Teil 1 + 2)

2Day

Assessment at airBaltic Training Center (Pilotu street 6)

SIM Briefing – 08:00 - 09.00 AM

SIM assessments – 09.00-11.00 AM

Technical/HR Interviews –11:00 AM - 14:00 PM

Psychological assessments – 11:00 AM - 15:00 PM

During the assessment process the applicant is supported with essential feedback regarding his/her performance and applicant is always welcome to ask questions immediately to assessors.

Please find attached the SIM guide, read it through carefully and study it for the assessment. It is strongly recommended to book a sim session on a B737 simulator before the screening in Riga.

2 Day 08:30 until 15:00 or earlier

25min each candidate as PF and PM (everybody the same program, expect left/right EO and ILS/VOR)

TO RWY18 dep. Askor5E

After flaps up HDG 270

HDG 090L with 45°

Q: Where is the Airport (Riga VOR still tuned, Needle still pointing to the airport)

Climb FL040 ..(1013!)

ATC: “HDG 270L, descent 2500ft” (1005!) crossing Traffic”.. Turbulence in the turn, up to 90°Bank and -30° Pitch> recovery

Intercept RWY ILS18 (first candidate, second candidate VOR 18)

Min. RWY not in sight >Go Around

HDG 180; 1500ft

At 500ft EO (left, other right)

Maintain 1500ft.

Flaps up

> Finish

No checklist; just mention it ..

----

Technical/HR Interviews (~45min)

Questions

Technic: (only 2 ); bold : everybody got the same

What stands for TCAS

Crosswind 7m/s (Limit 10kts) can you land ?

Critical Engine by turboprop

DH, MDA

Nosic

CAT 1/2 min

Riga -10C; cold weather Operation (+10% add to FAF, MIN, miss.apch.ALT

De/anti ice... diff.Type 2 and 4

HR : a lot.. (she is the bad guy)

Where are you in 5 years?

Are you a good leader ?

What you know about airbaltic?

How many different airplane we have ?

Who is the owner ?

Did you Google about airbaltic?

Which salary you aspect?

You are happy with 3500€?

***----

Psychological assessments (~1h)

Background check: Family, previous Company ...

3min: find equal numbers in the row(paperwork)

10min: find the right parts to build the given shape (only rotation); tell

10min: find the missing numbers (some of them has 2 solution),tell

Remember spoken numbers and repeat them backwards 1-2-7-2-8-4-5 > 5-4-8-2-7-2-1 (7max),tell

Remark :

Tickets for free (Airport tax to pay, ~50€)

Taxi 15€ each way, 20-25min downtown, local bus ~3€

Hotel from 35 to 50€ incl. breakfast.

They have in both companybuildings a Restaurant (good ~5€ for the meal)

Shopping for souvenirs (for checkin language) go local supermarket.

>half price compare to the airport)

Pilotfly-FL410
2nd May 2020, 16:31
This are the original copy of the papers :

In this competitive world, no recruitment process is complete without the job interview. Therefore we kindly ask you to fill this form to get you know better.

Thank you in advance !

Name, surname:

Date:

Birth date:

Why do You want to leave Your present job ?

What do you consider your most significant strengths ? (1. 2. 3. )

What do you consider your most significant weaknesses? (1. 2. 3. )

Name3 your most significant life values. (1. 2. 3. )

What do you consider to be your greatest achievement so far and why?

What has been your biggest failure to date?

What makes you angry/nervous ? (Angry- Nervous- )

Everybody has things that bother them/what bothers you-at work? (1. 2. )

Tell about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem. What did you do ? What was your thought process? What was the outcome? What do you wish you had done differently?

Are you satisfied with all areas of your life? Which areas are you dissatisfied with?

Have you ever had a boss that you did not like or got along with?

Tell about a problem that you’ve solved in a unique or unusual way. What was the outcome? Where you happy or satisfies with it?

What was the result of Your last medical certificate examination?

Tell about a difficult decision you have made in the last year.

Describe a situation where you have had to work as a part of a team to achieve a result. What was your role in this?

Give an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead.

What exercises You do? Which of them – regularly? How often?

Have You ever been hospitalized? When? What for? How long?

Have you ever attended psychologist, psychiatrist, and speech therapist (excluding medical sertificate examination)? Why? When? Outcome of it?

Any bad habits?

How do you spend leisure time? How do you relax ?

What books do You read? About was the last one?

Finally, please draw spontaneously something what in symbolic way-characterize you as a person!

Pilotfly-FL410
2nd May 2020, 16:51
370 questions from the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)
Notice : Inadmissible questions in the interview :
12. My sex life is satisfactory
34. I have never been in trouble because of my sexual behavior.
88. I believe that women ought to have as much sexual freedom as men.
121. I have never indulged in unusual sex practices.
166. I am worried about sex.
209. I like to talk about sex
222. Children should be taught all the main facts of sex.
268. I wish I were not bothered by thoughts about sex.
287. Many of my dreams are about sex.
or strange ones
72. My soul sometimes leaves my body.

just google for this 370 questions.. they are exact the same

Pilotfly-FL410
2nd May 2020, 17:05
Copy of my test :

Mental Ability Scale Below,you will find 49 exercises and you will have up- to 40 minutes to complete them.You can use a white sheet of paper for your notes and calculations. However,during the test,you may not use external help or tools, such as consulting, calculators,mobile phones,search engines or other.
1. Please find from among the following five options the word that is closest by, its meaning to the ward laconic:
2. What is the next number in the sequence?
3. Which of the following figures corresponds to the layout on the right?
4. Two of the following sayings have a similar meaning. Which ones?
5. Which of the following numbers is the smallest?
11. Two companies employ a total of 90 people. There are 16 more employees in one company than the other. How many people work in the smaller company?
44. A bookkeeper entered a total of 150 documents in the database in three days,3/5 of them in the first day and 1/3 on the second day.How many documents did she enter in the database on the third day?
just read Hesse/Schrader.. all question,shapes and so one from there.
Attachment : some mistakes .. sorry

McKvack
23rd Aug 2022, 23:18
Anyone got some latest info on assessment? I have assessment next month and would love to hear some feedback

ave
4th Oct 2022, 11:16
Anyone got some latest info on assessment? I have assessment next month and would love to hear some feedback

Did you have the assessment?
Or anyone else?

McKvack
4th Oct 2022, 11:39
Had the online test a week ago but no reply
Took a month for me to get an answer but finally got answer I passed the online test and new dates to choose from for assessment in Riga as the one I choose initially had already passed

Climb150
8th Oct 2022, 14:08
Bumped up

CyrilQ.06
3rd Nov 2022, 06:30
Had the online test a week ago but no reply

Took a month for me to get an answer but finally got answer I passed the online test and new dates to choose from for assessment in Riga as the one I choose initially had already passed

Hi guys !

I'm doing the online tests in december, any hint on what to expect ?
I've been watching the open doors on YouTube lately, it seems that those online tests are about physics and maths, and a general knowledge stuff like an IQ test.
How was it ? Any advise ?

Thanks, and best of luck !

DeltaG.
3rd Nov 2022, 15:47
Ladies and Gentlemen Good Afternoon,
I've a couple of questions: someone has been called for the sim ride? Someone has finished all the selection process? Is it normal I'm still waiting the result of the online test? I did it at the end of August.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Bye

Hogos
1st Dec 2022, 08:29
Hello guys,
I have been invited by AirBaltic for an assessment, after having passed the online tests.
I have a question, because something sounds strange to me:
Although I'm not an experienced pilot, I'm rated on the 320, current, with 600h on type and almost 1000TT.
Even though I'm not rated on the A220, (therefore I suppose to be considered as NTR), I will do the Sim assessment on a Diamond DA42 (FNTPII), single pilot operation.
Usually the FNTPII is used for candidates with no TR at all, or with no commercial flight experience, does it look alright to you ?
Then we come to the second question: coming from the A320, will there be another TR to be on my expenses, in case of a successful interview ?
Very last question: What is the Managment Interview ?

Thank you guys, I appreciate a lot your help.

patituri
1st Dec 2022, 10:26
I had the DA42 simulator, type rated on Jet. Straight and easy, ILS landing.
You don't pay but you are bonded for 3 years with 40.000 euros, no commuting roster, Riga is quite expensive

Hogos
1st Dec 2022, 11:10
I had the DA42 simulator, type rated on Jet. Straight and easy, ILS landing.
You don't pay but you are bonded for 3 years with 40.000 euros, no commuting roster, Riga is quite expensive

Thanks for the infos, I appreciate it.
May I ask you how is the winter roster, how many flight, average salary, life cost in Riga ?
How is Riga as a place to live, in particular during winter time, is it tough ? are people nice, social life, etc ?
Thank you

patituri
1st Dec 2022, 18:14
During winter time is tough as most of the November temperature was below 0, now is minus 6. Windy and humid as Riga is by the sea
Life cost is Riga is quite high, for an furnitured apartment in center the cost is 1000+, while salary is 3000+
You can find cheaper apartments in suburbs but it's mainly soviet era buildings. Supermarkets have same prices as in Germany, gas is more expensive than Germany.
Regarding people, I am just saying that Latvia is No2 in suicide rates in EU after neighbouring Lithuania

Hogos
1st Dec 2022, 21:10
Thanks for the infos !
I was asking because my real concern is not actually the money, but the change in lifestyle, climate, people.
I heard lots of good things, like very nice and clean city, good vibes, but I've never been there, so I can't say.

DeltaG.
2nd Dec 2022, 10:00
Finally some good news.
But when did you guys do the online test?

patituri
4th Dec 2022, 12:25
So you must get there ASAP! Long story short, if your concern is the change of lifestyle, climate (everything is covered with snow already and temperature steadily below 0 since November) then you should go to Riga to spend some time before you sign a 3 years 40000 euros bond for non commuting roster. You have 600 hrs on A320, you can also pay a visit to Smartlynx,( just 1km from airbaltic offices) they are looking for A320 rated pilots with commuting roster and no bond. I wish I had hours on a A320 like you

Fanax
2nd Jan 2023, 14:52
can anyone enlighten me on what to expect in these online tests? im actually was avarage at best in school, and my cv looks awful, and i dont even have a plan on where to get the funds from if they accept me into the academy(i realized this right after sending it to them, and when i tried to complete wizzairs apptitude test), but they sent me the letter congratulating, and telling me to wait for another email with a link to an online test.

VariablePitchP
2nd Jan 2023, 18:54
can anyone enlighten me on what to expect in these online tests? im actually was avarage at best in school, and my cv looks awful, and i dont even have a plan on where to get the funds from if they accept me into the academy(i realized this right after sending it to them, and when i tried to complete wizzairs apptitude test), but they sent me the letter congratulating, and telling me to wait for another email with a link to an online test.

If it’s a test to enable you to spend €100K then they want to you to pass and will make a big song and dance about it to make you feel special. It’s a business, don’t read too much into each test.

To really prep, just literally Google ‘Pilot Aptitude Test Training’ and pay for some software, unlikely to spend over €50.

Fanax
2nd Jan 2023, 19:12
If it’s a test to enable you to spend €100K then they want to you to pass and will make a big song and dance about it to make you feel special. It’s a business, don’t read too much into each test.

To really prep, just literally Google ‘Pilot Aptitude Test Training’ and pay for some software, unlikely to spend over €50.
not from what i see in this forum. ofcourse cv and online test might not mean much, but when we meet live, i bet they are going to be picky about from who to take this €100k.

WhatShortage
2nd Jan 2023, 21:02
Hello guys,
I have been invited by AirBaltic for an assessment, after having passed the online tests.
I have a question, because something sounds strange to me:
Although I'm not an experienced pilot, I'm rated on the 320, current, with 600h on type and almost 1000TT.
Even though I'm not rated on the A220, (therefore I suppose to be considered as NTR), I will do the Sim assessment on a Diamond DA42 (FNTPII), single pilot operation.
Usually the FNTPII is used for candidates with no TR at all, or with no commercial flight experience, does it look alright to you ?
Then we come to the second question: coming from the A320, will there be another TR to be on my expenses, in case of a successful interview ?
Very last question: What is the Managment Interview ?

Thank you guys, I appreciate a lot your help.
600h on the 320 and current? What's the catch there? Did a pay 2 fly and don't want to get involve with good airlines? Because there's NO WAY anyone would think of applying to air báltic having those hours on type while EASY, WIZZ, AVION, HESTON, GETJET ( to name a few) and so on so on are hiring for x2 the salary at the very least.

So you're either trolling, you got really bad training on the 320 or don't know...

uberfly
3rd Jan 2023, 19:56
600h on the 320 and current? What's the catch there? Did a pay 2 fly and don't want to get involve with good airlines? Because there's NO WAY anyone would think of applying to air báltic having those hours on type while EASY, WIZZ, AVION, HESTON, GETJET ( to name a few) and so on so on are hiring for x2 the salary at the very least.

So you're either trolling, you got really bad training on the 320 or don't know...

Air Baltic pay much better net salaries comparing the last three names you mentioned and close to 2nd one. Legal contract with taxes and social contributions paid by company. 2x salaries on those airlines then Air Baltic is only in pilot dreams.

Scagrams
4th Jan 2023, 09:32

Hahaha this is one of the most insane things I've heard...comparing a legal full time contract, with proper taxes being paid, along with pension and other benefits, to the likes of Avion, Heston and others. The money on your bank account may look better until the day the tax office catches up to you, or you retire without anything. Oh and enjoy getting money 6 months of the year and nothing for winter.

patituri
4th Jan 2023, 20:00
The three mentioned companies offer a commuting roster which means you don't have to pay rent, bills even a parking lot in the case of Riga as is more expensive to leave the car even at zone C. This case is relocation, if you deduct all these expenses from the salary, you stay with a Mc Donald's income

ctacik
7th Jan 2023, 09:00
Hahaha this is one of the most insane things I've heard...comparing a legal full time contract, with proper taxes being paid, along with pension and other benefits, to the likes of Avion, Heston and others. The money on your bank account may look better until the day the tax office catches up to you, or you retire without anything. Oh and enjoy getting money 6 months of the year and nothing for winter.
Who stays long enough to take a pension from latvian state?
Even Latvian pilots are leaving the company, recently two A220 local FO's left for another also latvian business jet operator.
Most of the foreign pilots are leaving after the bond expires, the ones who stay are usually unemployable for most of EU companies as they lack EU passport. I think some prestigious airlines in Middle East have higher percentage of EU pilots than the airBaltic. Not much money on the bank account as the salary covers all the expenses you need to live here. Right now in Riga is minus 15, to keep the house in plus 20 you need to pay a fortune on heating. In general is not bad if you are fine to spend 3 years in a post soviet country with the regular annual leave and log some more hours, but don't expect to make money

Fanax
9th Jan 2023, 20:38
a week's past and no news yet. did a bunch of preparing and realized that it shouldn't be as hard as i thought. The big question is where to get a loan for 25k if i actually pass everything.

WhatShortage
10th Jan 2023, 03:00
McDonald's is a full legal contract and gets more or less the same. I haven't seen any illegalities on Avion Heston etc contracts, you pay your taxes wherever you want. It seems that you got catch and now you don't want to recognise the sh*thole you got in. A220 type rating bonded getting 2k at Latvia and.. A PENSION, insane package also, I want the coke without ice please and a big mac.

Scagrams
10th Jan 2023, 07:08
McDonald's is a full legal contract and gets more or less the same. I haven't seen any illegalities on Avion Heston etc contracts, you pay your taxes wherever you want. It seems that you got catch and now you don't want to recognise the sh*thole you got in. A220 type rating bonded getting 2k at Latvia and.. A PENSION, insane package also, I want the coke without ice please and a big mac.

I'm working for a legacy in France now.
I worked for Smartlynx and another airline with full time contract somewhere more east before that, and while the number on my payslip were slightly lower monthly, I was paid 14+ months where companies like mentioned above can drop you without notice and feel free to change conditions as they see fit. Take a read at the thread above this one.
AB may not be the best contract or anything but it gives you something somewhat solid with some sort of legal framework. But yeah if it doesn't work for you, don't go, and enjoy crew control/support screwing your flight to go to your base or whatever else they come up with now. Haven't been there for a while

ctacik
10th Jan 2023, 11:26
I worked for Smartlynx and another airline with full time contract somewhere more east before that, and while the number on my payslip were slightly lower monthly, I was paid 14+ months where companies like mentioned above can drop you without notice and feel free to change conditions as they see fit. Take a read at the thread above this one.
AB may not be the best contract or anything but it gives you something somewhat solid with some sort of legal framework. But yeah if it doesn't work for you, don't go, and enjoy crew control/support screwing your flight to go to your base or whatever else they come up with now. Haven't been there for a while
France? If you mean valljet, a lot of pilots left it when changed the commuting roster to relocation.
On May 2020 most of AB pilots were fired, so it's not accurate that there is job security there or something solid.
Nowadays, they could do more to keep the experienced pilots like a roster which could give the opportunity for some time at home or better salaries. Riga is a frosty boring small city, it's hard to have your life there. Salaries for relocation contracts should offer at least higher salaries than the commuting rosters. Beside the emotional cost of being cut off from friends and family you also need to take care housing, bills, transportation etc. But they just don't care if you leave after the three years of the bond, they have the newbies from the academy and the pilots without an EU passport who are unemployable for the most of European operators
I am surprised, but I am sure that you can't blame them that their criteria are ethnicity or background. In airbaltic there are pilots from Russia, Middle East, Africa even Philippines!
EU passport is not even mandatory to join, maybe you missed something during training.

jojongsa
15th Jan 2023, 13:57
Received email around new years to expect an email for online tests within the next month. Waiting on that.
If anyone whose done the online part can share what it includes would be awesome.
I'm anticipating some sort of maths/physics/english/IQ tests.

Fanax
15th Jan 2023, 16:58
Received email around new years to expect an email for online tests within the next month. Waiting on that.
If anyone whose done the online part can share what it includes would be awesome.
I received it on the 4th of January. Good to know that im not alone in this. Want to exchange fb? Would be useful if one of us gets to do it first. Also tomorrow im asking my recruiter for an ETA of that test, and will post it here if i get any updates.

ctacik
15th Jan 2023, 18:13
For me was exact the same test as pilotFL410 refers at the previous page. It has been a while, but I know that they use it for years, not sure if something changed recently

DeltaG.
16th Jan 2023, 09:47
When did you do the online test?
Did you receive any feedback?
bye

jojongsa
16th Jan 2023, 19:12
For me was exact the same test as pilotFL410 refers at the previous page. It has been a while, but I know that they use it for years, not sure if something changed recently

pilotFL410 only speaks about the tests they do onsite, that would be the stage after the online test I'm waiting to do

I received it on the 4th of January. Good to know that im not alone in this. Want to exchange fb? Would be useful if one of us gets to do it first. Also tomorrow im asking my recruiter for an ETA of that test, and will post it here if i get any updates.

I haven't been on fb for years anymore so maybe some other platform or dms here! I was starting to think I should email them too to ask about it :D

ctacik
17th Jan 2023, 07:19
pilotFL410 only speaks about the tests they do onsite, that would be the stage after the online test I'm waiting to do

I haven't been on fb for years anymore so maybe some other platform or dms here! I was starting to think I should email them too to ask about it :D

That was my online test. I was invited after that. He has it attached as pdf with the name tripod-online test.pdf. and I had exact the same. The onsite test was on his previous post to check your mental status

jojongsa
17th Jan 2023, 09:47
I asked them about the online tests and here's what they replied. Topics will be maths, physics, english and logic tests as I anticipated.
They recommended to just find similar tests on the internet to get an idea as well as recommended to check out Sky test and Cut-e (nowadays called AON).
Tests have a time limit that is not shown, multiple choice, calculator not allowed.
If you register at airlinepilotclub.com and fill your profile you will get access to a free indicative assessment by AON. I would assume the airBaltic test will be similar to that or just the tripod-online test.pdf then.
Test should be next monday and I suppose everyone invited this round will be doing it at the same time, invite coming tomorrow (wednesday) so check your spam box too. Good luck Fanax!

ctacik
17th Jan 2023, 12:56

Found some info about the legacy job in France and I can't help my self
If it is the company I mentioned, you tell us that you left airBaltic for the company which is run by B.L.?
We are talking about the guy who used to run the E.A. and had the pilots unpaid for months before shutting it down without paying anyone
How is it possible to embrace the lawful airBaltic and leave it to join the company of that guy?? What was your reason?

Fanax
18th Jan 2023, 10:21
I asked them about the online tests and here's what they replied. Topics will be maths, physics, english and logic tests as I anticipated.
They recommended to just find similar tests on the internet to get an idea as well as recommended to check out Sky test and Cut-e (nowadays called AON).
Tests have a time limit that is not shown, multiple choice, calculator not allowed.
If you register at airlinepilotclub.com and fill your profile you will get access to a free indicative assessment by AON. I would assume the airBaltic test will be similar to that or just the tripod-online test.pdf then.
Test should be next monday and I suppose everyone invited this round will be doing it at the same time, invite coming tomorrow (wednesday) so check your spam box too. Good luck Fanax!
How did you knew this information? Spot on! Tests are on monday 10am-3pm Ryga time. Not sure why they are so long but im very optimistic about them and filled with excitement. Let do this!

jojongsa
18th Jan 2023, 11:37
How did you knew this information? Spot on! Tests are on monday 10am-3pm Ryga time. Not sure why they are so long but im very optimistic about them and filled with excitement. Let do this!
I asked them ;)

ctacik
18th Jan 2023, 16:47
Be cool man, I guess they will hire everyone now. In the beginning of the recruitment were a lot of candidates so they could fail some of them. A lot from the guys who passed didn't like the contract and didn't sign eventually that's why they keep extending the recruitment, it supposed to finish in September. Now there are too few candidates I think you will all pass. And an inside info, the assessor in the sim is a Lithuanian guy like you

jojongsa
18th Jan 2023, 17:15
Be cool man, I guess they will hire everyone now. In the beginning of the recruitment were a lot of candidates so they could fail some of them. A lot from the guys who passed didn't like the contract and didn't sign eventually that's why they keep extending the recruitment, it supposed to finish in September. Now there are too few candidates I think you will all pass. And an inside info, the assessor in the sim is a Lithuanian guy like you
I don't think we have a sim assessment (at least there hasn't been a mention of that anywhere yet), this is for ab-initio cadets after all. According to todays email what will come next are: HR online interview, on-site personality assessment (e.g. psychologists interview) and lastly on-site management interview.

ctacik
18th Jan 2023, 20:20
I don't think we have a sim assessment (at least there hasn't been a mention of that anywhere yet), this is for ab-initio cadets after all. According to todays email what will come next are: HR online interview, on-site personality assessment (e.g. psychologists interview) and lastly on-site management interview.
Then you should post on airbaltic academy thread
I would reject you btw

jojongsa
18th Jan 2023, 21:55
I would reject you btw
Oh missed it when I was looking for air baltic threads here, though also not inappropriate here since this is titled very generally "air baltic information" ;)

hans brinker
19th Jan 2023, 05:44
I would reject you btw

Chance of you ever being in a position to hire pilots at a company I would work for: ZERO

Fanax
19th Jan 2023, 09:28
Yeah i saw one of their online open days, where a Lithuanian guy was giving a speech. Also, there is so much more information about our assessment then just the recent email. We ARE going to have a half hour sim to see if we can follow instructions. I already found a couple simulators near my location so i could practise it a couple of times before the assessment.

jojongsa
19th Jan 2023, 09:42
Yeah i saw one of their online open days, where a Lithuanian guy was giving a speech. Also, there is so much more information about our assessment then just the recent email. We ARE going to have a half hour sim to see if we can follow instructions. I already found a couple simulators near my location so i could practise it a couple of times before the assessment.
hmm they didn't mention it in the december online open day. I'm guessing it's done in the DA40 sim, do you know?

ctacik
19th Jan 2023, 15:18
Chance of you ever being in a position to hire pilots at a company I would work for: ZERO
To read airBaltic topic, I guess you are looking to change your current company..I work for airBaltic but I admit is a ****ty contract and joined after I lost my previous job
Can imagine how is your company

Scagrams
19th Jan 2023, 17:15
Found some info about the legacy job in France and I can't help my self
If it is the company I mentioned, you tell us that you left airBaltic for the company which is run by B.L.?
We are talking about the guy who used to run the E.A. and had the pilots unpaid for months before shutting it down without paying anyone
How is it possible to embrace the lawful airBaltic and leave it to join the company of that guy?? What was your reason?

I think you greatly misunderstood, or I greatly misrepresented for that matter, my career choice. By legacy I meant historical companies. I don't think many places in Europe beat my current employer in QOL and T&c
I was rather having a general saying about how, having had acmi contract and full time position SIMILAR to AB, you feel much better in the latest

Fanax
19th Jan 2023, 21:47
hmm they didn't mention it in the december online open day. I'm guessing it's done in the DA40 sim, do you know?
I Think you're right. Im guessing DA40 is easier to manoeuvre and less used

hans brinker
20th Jan 2023, 04:31
To read airBaltic topic, I guess you are looking to change your current company..I work for airBaltic but I admit is a ****ty contract and joined after I lost my previous job
Can imagine how is your company

I’m on here because I’m an aviation geek. Used to work in the EU, now overseas. Wasn’t sure at the time if I made the right choice but definitely not going back. I work 15 days a month, and make more than I spend.

Fanax
23rd Jan 2023, 11:32
Terrible experience with the assesment test. Only test i felt confident in was a psichology test. Math and physics were not too hard also. But the test where you have to think (iq determination) are given ~5min. Got wrecked the most by test with question without full information. For example there are 5 people in the group, 2 of them like cats 2 of them like dogs and 2 of them like rabbits... you get the idea. 90% that i didnt pass. I guess its time to merge to wizzair forum thread lol.

jojongsa
23rd Jan 2023, 12:12
Maths was pretty easy apart from few, for physics luckily she said you can open a web page for formulas so just got the first result from google of most common physics formulas and that did save a few questions for me. Didn't anticipate needing them as I thought such would be provided if needed like in AON test they were I think. For the IQ stuff I hope they had purposefully too many questions for the time. I got through most of them and still hopeful I did enough. There was in chat that results are coming tomorrow so we'll know very soon how it went.

Michael S
23rd Jan 2023, 12:34
Improving your English could've helped. ;)

Fanax
23rd Jan 2023, 12:36
Improving your English could've helped. ;)
english part of the test was one of the easiest. did 60 questions in 10 mins.
also on pilot assesment.com i got 97% for english. so unless you are helping me to fix my mistakes, i dont appreciate haters

Fanax
23rd Jan 2023, 12:44
i saw your message in the email, but it didnt appear in the forum. Anyway, good luck with your test, and lets meet here tomorrow to tell the results.

Michael S
23rd Jan 2023, 14:10
english part of the test was one of the easiest. did 60 questions in 10 mins.
also on pilot assesment.com i got 97% for english. so unless you are helping me to fix my mistakes, i dont appreciate haters
That was a hint that your post was written carelessly, thus very difficult to understand.

ctacik
23rd Jan 2023, 15:58
Terrible experience with the assesment test. Only test i felt confident in was a psichology test. Math and physics were not too hard also. But the test where you have to think (iq determination) are given ~5min. Got wrecked the most by test with question without full information. For example there are 5 people in the group, 2 of them like cats 2 of them like dogs and 2 of them like rabbits... you get the idea. 90% that i didnt pass. I guess its time to merge to wizzair forum thread lol.
Don't worry man, I bet you passed. There are some Hassan pilots in airBaltic, no way they did better than you in the IQ tests, after all you pay for the school
Have some cepelinai and a beer and go to bed restless

Fanax
23rd Jan 2023, 16:06
Don't worry man, I bet you passed. There are some Hassan pilots in airBaltic, no way they did better than you in the IQ tests, after all you pay for the school
Have some cepelinai and a beer and go to bed restless
yeah, but if 400 people try, and only 12 get in, these Hassans have to be good somewhere, right?

ctacik
23rd Jan 2023, 16:17
yeah, but if 400 people try, and only 12 get in, these Hassans have to be good somewhere, right?
I don't know the numbers for the pilot school.
Applicant numbers don't say much, some they don't show up for the assessment, some pass and don't sign, that stands for all companies
FYI be positive for the selection, airBaltic will need a lot of pilots soon, KLM is hiring now and probably the Dutch guys will leave
There is a super cool Dutch instructor in the flight school, hope you will catch him

jojongsa
23rd Jan 2023, 18:11
12 get in for every group and there is 4 groups a year so 48 total. February group is already full and May probably mostly, still leaves September and November groups that might be largely unfilled. We could guess that there is still around 24 spots unfilled this year. There was around 20 invited for todays test. Based on this lets guess they test out maybe 20 per month. They'd need to select 20% of applicants from these tests over the year. Even more to have buffer for people failing later or not signing. Thats in theory way better odds than 12 to 400 (=3%). BT is gonna need to fill these slots somehow if they are going to receive 11 more A220s in 2 years or so. Also I got the feeling some left the test incredibly quick so either they very real smart or gave up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fanax
24th Jan 2023, 10:18
12 get in for every group and there is 4 groups a year so 48 total. February group is already full and May probably mostly, still leaves September and November groups that might be largely unfilled. We could guess that there is still around 24 spots unfilled this year. There was around 20 invited for todays test. Based on this lets guess they test out maybe 20 per month. They'd need to select 20% of applicants from these tests over the year. Even more to have buffer for people failing later or not signing. Thats in theory way better odds than 12 to 400 (=3%). BT is gonna need to fill these slots somehow if they are going to receive 11 more A220s in 2 years or so. Also I got the feeling some left the test incredibly quick so either they very real smart or gave up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you got in?

jojongsa
24th Jan 2023, 11:58
Did you got in?
Absolutely stoked, they just called to congratulate and agree on a time for the HR interview! Time to start prepping for that one :D

Fanax
24th Jan 2023, 20:33
Absolutely stoked, they just called to congratulate and agree on a time for the HR interview! Time to start prepping for that one :D
Congratulations bro! Im happy for you! Now go out there and Finnish the job!
P.S. maybe they mentioned how many ppl passed?
P.S. You have a full inbox.

jojongsa
24th Jan 2023, 21:12
Thanks! I take it you didn't get the call?
Maybe I'll ask them how many passed if I remember. And I cleared my inbox...

ctacik
25th Jan 2023, 08:24
Sounds like that you didn't pass. They lost a motivated local guy who would probably stay for ever. When I was a candidate as direct entry pilot, they rejected a Latvian pilot in the sim assessment. He was an experienced guy, even a mistake in sim doesn't mean much and least for pilots who fly on specific SOP's and then they are asked to fly a completely different profile from what they fly as airline pilots. He would probably stay for ever.
Same in your case, I guess the difference in you and someone who passed is how many hours were spent doing math exercises.
I would suggest you to focus on wizz cadet program, they have a base in Vilnius and pay better than AB and provide quicker upgrade to command.
If you wanna to insist, you will have better chances in the near future, is expected a mass exodus of the Dutch pilots as KLM is asking for NTR First Officers, everyone who speaks dutch and have more than 500 hours will apply.

Fanax
25th Jan 2023, 12:05
Sounds like that you didn't pass. They lost a motivated local guy who would probably stay for ever. When I was a candidate as direct entry pilot, they rejected a Latvian pilot in the sim assessment. He was an experienced guy, even a mistake in sim doesn't mean much and least for pilots who fly on specific SOP's and then they are asked to fly a completely different profile from what they fly as airline pilots. He would probably stay for ever.
Same in your case, I guess the difference in you and someone who passed is how many hours were spent doing math exercises.
I would suggest you to focus on wizz cadet program, they have a base in Vilnius and pay better than AB and provide quicker upgrade to command.
If you wanna to insist, you will have better chances in the near future, is expected a mass exodus of the Dutch pilots as KLM is asking for NTR First Officers, everyone who speaks dutch and have more than 500 hours will apply.
Listen, im not complaining. Obviously some of these exercises were made to measure your thinking on the spot, which are hard to prepare for. But now i dont have to think where to get 25k. Ofc im gonna be worried if i fail wizzair assessment, but lets pray for the best.

Lukipilot
7th May 2023, 08:46
Hey Guys,

i will have the assesment online test via MS Teams tomorrow. Any Ideas if the online test is still the same as FL410 postet on page 9?

Greetings

XMV6
3rd Jun 2023, 17:54
What is salary for CS capt. in Airbaltic ?

twentyfivehundred220
19th Jul 2023, 07:54
Hi, this page pretty much sums up the reality salary wise at airBaltic, so depending on CPT level, the salary is form 6800 eur to 8200 eur fixed minium up to 60h block, plus 55-70eur per block when roster goes above 60h: pilotjobsnetwork. com/ jobs/ airBaltic

As an FO working at airBaltic for a year, I can say that it is very close to reality, plus of course the standard additional double pay on Holiday or Night duty, plus per diem for flying from outstations.

cessnagirl
14th Aug 2023, 14:23
Does Air Baltic offer commuting contracts?

stupid question, I know but would be interested to find out.

many thanks

lekker92
14th Aug 2023, 14:48
Does Air Baltic offer commuting contracts?

stupid question, I know but would be interested to find out.

many thanks
No, it's relocation.
Hard to get a leave during highseason

27th Aug 2023, 20:12
Would any AirBaltic Captains mind speaking to a FedEx pilot? Would like to DM a few questions.

couldbe
29th Aug 2023, 12:21
Hello Guys,

I managed to pass the inital online assessment and next is the HR interview. Have any of you been through it? how was it and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

twentyfivehundred220
6th Sep 2023, 07:20
Hello Guys,

I managed to pass the inital online assessment and next is the HR interview. Have any of you been through it? how was it and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

Hi! Are you applying for the FO position or at the Pilot Academy?

motardos
6th Sep 2023, 09:08
I checked that the basic salary for FO is 2815 euros
Can someone who lives in Riga say how much are the basic expenses like rent, gas, bills and grocery?
Thank you in advance