PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new profile and PM

Lynx320
15th Feb 2017, 05:33
Hi all, I have registered this profile few days ago.

I have received, in the email provided, only a welcome message form pprune admin, but no activation email whatsoever, even if i did try several times.

With the above said I see myself not capable to use the PM feature (completely absent from my CP) and moreover, anytime I have to post I have to wait a moderator to approve my post.

Thanks for support.

Philoctetes
15th Feb 2017, 12:02
Me too!
Exactly the same problems except I never received ANY emails!

FlyingHedgehog
20th Mar 2017, 09:36
Registered since 2011 when I was about to pick a school for my PPL. Returned to the forum now to find that my posting needs approval from admin (seems to take a long time) , and no PM feature to be had at all.

Would appreciate your help, admin. Thanks

PPRuNe Towers
20th Mar 2017, 10:30
Probationary Restrictions

That’s how it is - as a new poster your posts are checked by a human being before they appear. It lasts for a limited number of posts.

Works purely to cut out the scamsters, crooks, malware merchants and lonely Nigerian ladies. Same reason you can’t use the Private Messaging system until you have an established posting history.

All the best,
Rob PPRuNe Admin

FlyingHedgehog
21st Mar 2017, 05:15
Thanks lol. Appreciate the explaination.

I ain't no lonely Nigerian lady. I am an American lady about to start training for my first twin turboprop job flying freight.
:cool: will keep talking about airplanes till you believe me lol.

Parratjie
11th Jul 2018, 01:46
Thanks Rob

approximately how many posts do we have to make till we are out of probation?

PPRuNe Towers
1st Jan 2019, 23:03
Do you think we are mad enough to state the numbers for the scammers, shysters and crooks?

Rob

Stuntpiloot
6th Dec 2019, 12:54
How long does it normally take?