PDA

View Full Version : Transavia to close MUN base

Akrep
14th Feb 2017, 03:14
It is posted on dutch news site, Transavia ceo confirms MUC to be closed in the Fall season.

http://www.nu.nl/beurs/4465506/transavia-sluit-in-najaar-uitvalsbasis-in-munchen.html

fox niner
14th Feb 2017, 06:19
I heard they couldn't find captains. They were paying their new captains so badly that even a grossly underpaid Volotea, Pegasus or Enter Air captain could not be lured to take the offer.

DaveReidUK
14th Feb 2017, 07:49
Using IATA/ICAO Codes in post headers saves 5 seconds for the poster, offset by the rest of us spending time wondering whether they meant somewhere completely different, as here.

Wickerbill
14th Feb 2017, 08:08
I think they mean MUC - MUN is in Venezuela...apparently.

'

lederhosen
14th Feb 2017, 10:02
I think the risk that they would not be around very long may have been a big factor in disuading captains to join. It will be interesting to hear what they now offer those who did join.

NoCtot
14th Feb 2017, 20:07
I wish I could say the closure of the Munchen base came as a surprise. Unfortunately Transavia is part of Air France-KLM.

Air France-KLM are struggling for survival, they only managed to make a very small profit (after years of losses) while all their direct European and international competitors are posting record profits. Because of this fight for survivability they seems to play a fair bit of panic football, the Munchen base being one of these projects.

The whole company (both in Air France and KLM) is a dinosaurs trying to survive in modern times held hostage by their unions who don’t have any willingness or ability to adjust.

racedo
15th Feb 2017, 19:11
The whole company (both in Air France and KLM) is a dinosaurs trying to survive in modern times held hostage by their unions who don’t have any willingness or ability to adjust.

Could get very interesting with potential new Govts in France and NL and whether they continue to support it.