PDA

View Full Version : Part M Workshop Access

paul m
12th Feb 2017, 17:17
During my AML training it was mentioned about control of access to workshops. I cant find it in Part M, has it gone away?

Rigga
12th Feb 2017, 18:42
Workshops aren't in part M. Try 145.

Capot
12th Feb 2017, 18:58
It's an aviation security issue, more than an airworthiness issue; the only thing I can think of in Part 145 about access is in the context of the quarantine store.

That's NOT to say there isn't anything about access elsewhere; it's just that I can't think of anywhere it might be, either in the Regulation or the AMC/GM.

It would be interesting to see what other people know.

Arthur Bellcrank
13th Feb 2017, 18:24
The only reference in Part M is the requirement to prevent Continuing Airworthiness Records being affected by damage, theft or alteration.
This does in practice mean that access to Technical Records is limited and controlled.

Edgar Jessop
15th Feb 2017, 04:18
Many component workshops operate out of industrial units so there is no formal restriction to access, indeed some access is required for deliveries. I'm also not aware of anything in the regulations, however the Authorities would want to see that the shop is professionally organised and controlled (which would imply no strangers allowed to wander round), plus of course access restrictions in the interests of industrial health and safety.

What your AML training may have been referring to is airside workshops/hangar backshops where of course access is restricted to pass holders.