PDA

View Full Version : B.m.i. To Fly To Lagos?????

flymeagain
8th Jul 2002, 21:05
Rumours are flying round that B.M.I. are considering flying to Lagos in Nigeria. After being continually fustrated about not being allowed to fly to the states, is this the best place they can think of going with there A330's?? Can't think anyone flying between the two countries will enjoy the fantastic service that I've heard they give.

Engineer
8th Jul 2002, 21:16
Will be the biggest eye opener for them if they do :p

Gin Slinger
8th Jul 2002, 23:19
How about the mighty Exeter to Tajikistan run?

groundfine
8th Jul 2002, 23:23
I expect bmi's eyes are wide open due plenty of
African experience, albeit some time ago.

brakedwell
9th Jul 2002, 06:52
If this is true, my sincere condolences go to the crews who will be involved.

Konkordski
9th Jul 2002, 07:50
From which airport would BMI fly?

As I understand it, the UK/Nigeria bilateral only allows two carriers from each country on the London-Lagos route.

VS and BA are still on this route, no?

huw stunn
9th Jul 2002, 09:52
Yes - the current bilateral only allows two carriers from each side. Maybe BMi have been approached to operate for the other side.....on behalf of Nigeria Airways perhaps??
If so, I do hope they get cash up front for anything as getting the money later has always been difficult in this area.

I think I would look for other opportunities on the pond. MAN-LAX ?

WOK
9th Jul 2002, 20:58
Not so daft, if true.

Forget the operational and personal nightmares involved in flying to LOS, because they're not a factor in whether a route is viable. The bottom line is..............the bottom line. LOTS of money is spent and available on this pairing.

I agree with the above, tho' - cash up front and NOT Niara!

Commiserations to the crews.

Never again would be too soon for me. Character-building, though. ;)

mdb3
10th Jul 2002, 17:03
Cool Ive got a mate that workd for Shell and is based in Lagos, I think I'll get him and his family a F&F fare and they can come visit.

Anti Skid On
11th Jul 2002, 03:35
How about the mighty Exeter to Tajikistan run?

Gin Slinger - are
you saying this is for real - because Uzbekhistan Airlines were flying into Christchurch in NZ - equally barmy and probably as empty as the above (assuming it existed).

Having worked in HE in the UK, the Nigeria thing wouldn't be a bad one, especially given the number of students in the UK.