PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building? How?

RickPhucked
26th Nov 2001, 13:25
Does anyone know the best way to build some hours. i.e build 300 hours on an IR a/c. I mean how much would it cost and where would you be able to do it on a jaa frozen ATPL

Julian
26th Nov 2001, 16:07
If you have a block of time availiable then go to the US, you will find it much cheaper, especially wanting that amount of hours!

I.e.
PA28 UK - Approx £100/Hr
PA28 USA - Approx $75/Hr

You will get discount for block booking as well (both in UK and US!).

Julian.

redsnail
26th Nov 2001, 16:10
An interesting question.
Have a look at Australia's CASA (http://www.casa.gov.au)
See what is required for the instrument rating. You don't need to do much to change a PPL over. An IFR Partenavia to rent is about $220/hour (Aust)ie 80 pounds.

QUERY
28th Nov 2001, 03:34
NOT recommending anyone but the answer has to be USA. There are numerous hirers but you may find things better, but not always the very cheapest and really crappiest, at a British owned place.
If you are buying lots of hours, even at a serious school, you may be able to negotiate an exclusive rental, which would allow you to tour, with nights away.

A and C
30th Nov 2001, 23:00
I,v flown in both the USA and australia and i dont think that there is much differance in the price but the AVERAGE standard of instruction and aircraft maintenance in australia is much higher and given the choice i would rather spend a few months in australia as the cost of accomodation and eating is lower than in the popular areas in the USA ,I think that very good deals can be done in the northern USA but detroit or brisbane is no choice at all.