PDA

View Full Version : Urgent request for advice

Kevin Zaw
8th Feb 2017, 13:06
Hi All,
Can be possible to tow A319 without retract actuators on each side? If so, where can I find applicable document( I ve been search in AMM but I cant find).Thanks in advanced.:confused:

wrenchalot
8th Feb 2017, 18:09
What does the AMM say about removing the actuators? I'm sure it says to jack the a/c clear of the ground. I would never do otherwise.
If there is a special jig, or special piece of ground equipment you can install in place, then, may be...
Actuators are also used as drag braces or side braces, and are "locked" by hydraulic pressure;that's what prevents the gears from folding under any condition... there is a chapter on ground equip. and such.

fruitloop
8th Feb 2017, 21:39
With the ground pin installed in the side brace It shouldn't collapse with out either of the actuators fitted (Main and lock)...Why tow ?? Make sure all Hydraulic lines are blanked before pressurizing the systems or there will be a mess and no brakes..

Jet II
8th Feb 2017, 23:42
I dont see why not. There will be no load on the actuators and it is not required to have the Green system pressurised.

Jet II
8th Feb 2017, 23:56
Actuators are also used as drag braces or side braces, and are "locked" by hydraulic pressure;that's what prevents the gears from folding under any condition...

Not on the A320 family - the 'Lock Stay' actuators which are fed from the door closing hyd supply perform that function to assist the lock springs.