PDA

View Full Version : Monetising YouTube videos

dany4kin
7th Feb 2017, 16:07
Has anyone here done this before?

I have an account, set up in 2006, a few guitar vids on there and figured I would try and monetise and perhaps earn 6 pence a month or something.

However, following the process to set up the Youtube Partner Program I get the message 'The Youtube Partner program is currently not available in your country'

But my country is set to the UK and this is a valid country? Just wondered if anybody else had experienced similar issues?

Cheers
Andy

peekay4
8th Feb 2017, 02:18
There are two different Country settings: 1) the About page country info; 2) the Channel page country setting.

I think you've set #1, but for monetization you need to set #2. The setting is under Creator Studio > Channel > Advanced. Or try the following link after you've logged in:

https://www.youtube.com/advanced_settings

Hopefully that's it!

dany4kin
8th Feb 2017, 16:34
Peekay - you are quite literally my hero - I have googled this again and again and seen the country issue defaulting to Afghanistan.

I followed your link and BANG - Afghanistan staring me in the face. I thought I'd changed it (because I had done so in two separate places but clearly not the correct two...)

Thank you so much for taking the time. If I could I would would split my 6p per month earnings with you...