PDA

View Full Version : Flybe MPL 2017 with FTE Jerez

MaverickPrime
6th Feb 2017, 14:19
Thought I'd get the thread started for those who will be applying. Good luck.

planesandthings
7th Feb 2017, 00:15
Although this is expensive anyway can anyone genuinely tell me why CTC charge £93,000 for what appears to be the same course without food and accommodation. When FTE as a company despite trading mostly in Euros in a time of poor rates, gives the course for £89k WITH accommodation and board.

Is this simply CTC profiteering? The courses look identical and offer the same end result.

I can't see why anyone would apply for Flybe MPL with CTC otherwise. Everyone should go for FTE!

AA757
7th Feb 2017, 08:42
The thing is that you're starting at 29K GBP with an MPL qualifying you to fly on the Q400. The salary at flybe is steadily increasing to reach 49K GBP at year 10 (assuming you're still a SFO, which is very conservative). If you're lucky enough to upgrade as a captain after let's say 4 or 5 years, then you'll reach 60+ K GBP which is a lot more comfortable financially

If you're financing your studies with a mortgage, the classic rate is around 3+ %, so the first few years you'll be struggling to pay back anything on top of the interests.
If you want to move to another airline, let's say Easyjet or Ryanair, you'll most likely be asked to pay another 20+ K GBP for a 320/737 type rating.
Overall I think it's a lot safer to go on with another cadet scheme such as the EasyJet one, it may be a bit more expensive, but you'll be repaying your loan a lot faster (from the EasyJet salaries table, you'll be at 45K GBP at year 1 or 2 if in the UK).

Officer Kite
7th Feb 2017, 09:01
I don't like those planes

MaverickPrime
7th Feb 2017, 14:04
If you want to move to another airline, let's say Easyjet or Ryanair, you'll most likely be asked to pay another 20+ K GBP for a 320/737 type rating.

IIRC, Flybe bond you for 3 years at £18k, its not so easy to move airline before you have converted the MPL to an ATPL and thats before you even think about paying for another TR if you want to move! Also, from what I've picked up Flybe are quite good at detecting and sifting out the RHS 777 wannabes; do EK or QR even accept turbo prop hours??:ugh:

matt_wizz
7th Feb 2017, 20:11
Word of warning - don't send your application on the pre-screen questions until you're ready to answer the questionnaire - there are 6 x max 500 word questions to answer and you have an ambitious 3 days to complete them from the time you submit the initial pre-screen application!
A tall order for an unemployed person, let alone if you work full time! Unfortunately a non-starter for me on that basis, good luck to anyone crunching out 3000 quality words in 3 days.

vrb03kt
7th Feb 2017, 20:56
IIRC, Flybe bond you for 3 years at £18k

It's 5 years.

do EK or QR even accept turbo prop hours??:ugh:

Yes they do.

BaronVonBarnstormer
8th Feb 2017, 11:38
Are there any current Flybe employees that can shed light on this scheme, and the company in general? Especially the salary / progression / lifestyle side of things considering the loan amount?

Mike Dove
8th Feb 2017, 20:52
So I completed the application for FTR today , yes whilst the 3000 or so words were painful it's nothing too challenging. Meanwhile I have had an email from CTC pursuing me about booking a selection day , I'm torn between 89k for a Q400 or 94k for potentially a 737/320 job and with a potential salary difference of 15k the decision certainly is not an easy one.

matt_wizz
10th Feb 2017, 23:14
Did you apply to CTC direct or through Generation easyJet? I still can't book a stage 2 for love nor money...keeps showing full!

MaverickPrime
11th Feb 2017, 13:33
So I completed the application for FTR today , yes whilst the 3000 or so words were painful it's nothing too challenging. Meanwhile I have had an email from CTC pursuing me about booking a selection day , I'm torn between 89k for a Q400 or 94k for potentially a 737/320 job and with a potential salary difference of 15k the decision certainly is not an easy one.

As most of the experienced guys on this forum will tell you; never choose a job based on what you'll be flying. Look down the road a bit, where would you like to live, what experience do you want to get, how much time do you want off, what perks apart from salary are important to you etc etc. Flybe could maybe work for me as it would mean I could get a base quickly near to home, EZY wouldn't work so well for me as I would have to live in europe or near LGW for quite a few years - but thats just me personally!

BaronVonBarnstormer
11th Feb 2017, 15:18
Is there a system for cadets from this scheme to specify a base preference?

MaverickPrime
11th Feb 2017, 16:54
When you start the TR, I'd imagine that is when they'd ask you where you would like to go.

Vinny91
12th Feb 2017, 04:13
Hello everyone! I'm Vinny, I'm wondering if anyone is interested to apply for this airline scheme. I have applied for this position last day, is a bit interesting the new license MPL and I think is going to be growing up over the years. it's also a risk but I think Flybe is a good company to invest 89000 for the training.

fenny
12th Feb 2017, 09:34
I'm torn between 89k for a Q400 or 94k for potentially a 737/320 job and with a potential salary difference of 15k the decision certainly is not an easy one.
Unless you get yourself on a airline tagged course at CTC or anywhere else then I'd say go with flybe. Sure it's a turboprop but you have a good chance of getting command in about 3 years (with a £68k+ salary I think) and I've been told most of their pilots work the max hours every year so I guess it's good for building hours.
Most people I believe wait about 6 months between finishing CTC and securing a job so I guess at flybe you'd have made £14k in that time. Yes you won't be paid as much as a jet job would but you won't have to pay for your type rating either so for about 3 years you're making about the same amount of money.
That's the way I see it, you have you're whole career ahead of you, what's a few years with a relatively secure turboprop job gonna do? I've known a few people who've done CTC and OAA and not been placed who've eventually gone to Aurigny - any job is a good job (except maybe p2f) :)

MaverickPrime
12th Feb 2017, 13:25
Correct! I'm just trying to point out that there is a lot more to consider at an airline than the a/c type and top line salary.

Driftdown89
12th Feb 2017, 23:17
I flew for Flybe via a cadet scheme. They did sponsor me for effectively £18,900 which I paid through salary sacrifice. Bonded for the Q400 rating over 3 years. Happily paid BBVA (twice a month more than contracted), paid into pension scheme, able to save and enjoy my earnings.

Worked hard, peaking at 885hrs last year. Salary not the best in the industry but coupled with private healthcare, staff travel for various airlines around the world, uniform paid for, crew food, union recognition, no pay to fly nonsense and not physically transferring money over for a rating it's pretty good! Time to command is approx 3 years if you're happy to move to any base.

The Q400 has such varied flying. Now fly an Airbus for a national flag carrier. Turboprop hours not restrictive in the market currently.

Vinny91
13th Feb 2017, 01:28
Hello Driftdown89, so are you an ex cadet scheme with Flybe? That's pretty good tho, Flybe is a not bad company, how was structured the assessment? If I might asking.
Thanks so much

JM926
13th Feb 2017, 13:46
Who wants to fly a Q400?

Rather ride a bike

With respect-That's just the type of attitude airlines would hope to weed out through selection.

Officer Kite
13th Feb 2017, 14:37
They are only taking 8, personally I'm not applying, however I think you would be bloody lucky to get a spot.

I think any talk about base, a/c, lifestyle, salary etc etc is extremely premature both in terms of the fact the odds are stacked against each individual applying given how few spaces there are and how many applicants there will be, but also in that this is only the start of your career, I think you should be prepared to fly anything anywhere at this early stage, beggars most certainly can't be choosers in this industry especially.

backtothebeat
13th Feb 2017, 16:06
Does anyone know how many candidates will be on the course.?
It reads to me tha there will be places offered to the top 8 at the end of the course ..
But how many others are there...?
Its a big risk of £89k if no place at the end of it.

Officer Kite
13th Feb 2017, 16:12
You may have misread.

There will be 8 people picked to do the course. They won't pick 20 then decide on 8 at the end of the course.

EZY_FR
13th Feb 2017, 16:38
Officer Kite is correct, only 8 will be selected to start in June. It doesn't sound like a promising figure, but if last year's assessment candidate numbers are anything to go by, then only 30-40 will be invited to attend the assessments in March.

Also, Although the website does state clearly that there will only be one assessment this time around, this was also the case last September, and the top candidates were given a personality questionnaire to complete. I'm guessing the top 6 performing candidates from this group were then offered positions with Flybe. Whether fte and Flybe choose to adopt this procedure this time around or not I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they just picked the 8 best candidates from one assessment day.

Sharklet7
15th Feb 2017, 18:21
Hi I was just wondering how you are aware of the numbers from last year? Had you heard this from someone who was involved in the process?

EZY_FR
15th Feb 2017, 20:07
I attended selection last year sharklet7 :)

Sharklet7
15th Feb 2017, 21:39
EZY_FR well that's a good enough source of information then. Lol

And if you don't mind me asking how did you get on? If unsuccessful are you applying again this year?

EZY_FR
16th Feb 2017, 10:29
I got to the assessment stage last year, but unfortunately I wasn't successful. I submitted my application last week :)

sarahsmout
17th Feb 2017, 15:37
I've applied for Flybe with FTE, does anyone know if the Verbal reasoning and Physics assessment for FTE Jerez is similar to the Medium or difficult level on Latest Pilot Jobs?

Vinny91
17th Feb 2017, 18:40
Hi, I have left 1day more to check the answer I'm wandering how is structured the assessment and what question they may ask to us? Is logic or on the simulator?
Thanks so much

EZY_FR
18th Feb 2017, 19:57
Tomorrow's the last day for those who haven't applied yet! Best of luck to everyone :)

MaverickPrime
22nd Feb 2017, 13:21
Anyone get a phase 3 invite?

lgwjrb
22nd Feb 2017, 13:30
Woke up to an invitation today. Heading down for Stage 3 on 08/03

EZY_FR
22nd Feb 2017, 13:54
See you then lgwjrb!

AA757
22nd Feb 2017, 15:08
Havent't received anything yet.

westend
22nd Feb 2017, 15:24
Just received my Invite for Stage 3 for March 9th

Iselbewohner
22nd Feb 2017, 17:01
me neither, but last time it took over a week to inform everybody, so hope is still up

ely
22nd Feb 2017, 17:14
Very pleased to say i've been invited on the 9/03 :)

MaverickPrime
22nd Feb 2017, 17:30
I got an invite for the 7th.

Sharklet7
22nd Feb 2017, 18:27
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea of how long the assessment takes?

Of those invited does your assessment start at 12?

Thanks

AA757
22nd Feb 2017, 18:30
When I did it for the BA Cityflyer MPL, the assessment took about 4 hours.

MaverickPrime
22nd Feb 2017, 18:31
Yea, mine starts at twelve!

lgwjrb
23rd Feb 2017, 03:28
My assessment starts at 8am too, echoing AA757, BACF took about 4/5 hours IIRC

Anyone looking for accommodation, I'm at the Hampton by Hilton at EXT. It's literally ~100 metres door to door with Flybe

ely
23rd Feb 2017, 06:24
12:00 for me too on 09/03

EZY_FR
23rd Feb 2017, 08:17
I definitely recommend the Hampton by Hilton, its very comfortable and the staff are really friendly! you'll also run into Flybe crew who either nightstop there or are there for training.

MaverickPrime
23rd Feb 2017, 10:50
Anybody any idea how many will be in each group?

nodeh586
23rd Feb 2017, 11:10
I believe there is 6 or 8 per group with two start times (8am and 12pm) for the 4 days

So either 48 or 64 candidates.

EZY_FR
23rd Feb 2017, 12:43
I'm fairly sure its 6 per session, so 48 candidates were probably invited down.

MaverickPrime
23rd Feb 2017, 14:32
If ircc, they said there was selection on the 7th, 8th & 9th March; so only three days! In that case, 6 per group, we are maybe looking at only 36 people?!

Iselbewohner
23rd Feb 2017, 14:35
I think 6th is also available for assessments

AA757
23rd Feb 2017, 14:37
"Successful candidates at this phase will be invited to a 1 day assessment centre at the Flybe Headquarters in Exeter, to be held between March 6th and 9th, 2017, both dates inclusive."

sara98
23rd Feb 2017, 17:19
Hi everybody,

Do you have any clue about the assessment? Which tests are we going to undertake?

Besides, do you know something about the online tests we have to compete before the assessment (those provided by cut-e)?

P.S.: What is the cost of Stage 3?

AA757
23rd Feb 2017, 19:17
Is anybody still waiting for an invitation?

FlyingSaucepan
23rd Feb 2017, 20:49
Still not heard back

lgwjrb
23rd Feb 2017, 21:19
Hi Sara98,

If it's similar to the BACF MPL with FTE, I'm assuming it will be; it'll be something along the lines of the following. Out of the interests of fairness I can't give too much away but the following should help.

Bog standard Interview with a representative from FTE.

Aptitude tests with a joystick or something. If you've got any kind of flying or even gaming experience these shouldn't be a huge problem.

Maths, physics, spacial and verbal reasoning written tests.

And the email mentioned a group exercise which I haven't done before.

I have to say I've never experienced the online tests before, not sure if someone like EZY_FR has... I think he's done a Flybe before. Having now done them I found them weird. Be interesting to see how much interest FTE/Flybe take in them.

Also no cost to Stage 3 other than any personal travel/accommodation expenses. As it should be.

Good Luck!

MaverickPrime
24th Feb 2017, 12:28
Does anyone know if it's possible to walk from the airport terminal to the Hilton hotel? It doesn't look too far on google maps!

Also, do you think FTE will be there? I thought it would only be Flybe handling the interview etc?

EZY_FR
24th Feb 2017, 14:02
Yes you can Maverick, the hotel is a 15 min walk from the airport. FTE handled the assessments last year, so unless this changes, I can't see them not being there, since you will be put through FTE's assessment tests.

nodeh586
27th Feb 2017, 15:46
Does anybody have a copy of the initial MPL page from FTE detailing the route plan and other details please? FTE seem to have removed it from the page, unlike CTC.

Good Luck to everyone attending this year!

FlyingSaucepan
27th Feb 2017, 16:29
Anybody got a definitive no from this?

AA757
27th Feb 2017, 16:40
The content of the web page linked to the URL has been modified, so except if someone has taken a screenshot, I guess it's impossible to have access to the information.

nodeh586
28th Feb 2017, 08:35
Yeah exactly! I usually 'print' a pdf copy of them but forgot for this.

AA757
28th Feb 2017, 16:46
Is anyone still waiting for an invitation? I'm surprised, as I've applied to FTE cadet schemes several times, usually I get an answer (positive or negative) fairly quickly after everybody else on PPRUNE :rolleyes:

westend
28th Feb 2017, 17:05
AA757...Would you mind me asking how many time you have gone to the interview previously?

AA757
28th Feb 2017, 20:51
I've applied 3 times and been interviewed twice

westend
6th Mar 2017, 06:17
GOOD LUCK to all the candidates this week for there Phase 3 Evaluations / Interviews at the Flybe FTE Training Assessment Centre.

EZY_FR
9th Mar 2017, 19:05
Hope everyone found the stage 3 assessments ok! Did anyone here attend the PM session on the 8th?

westend
9th Mar 2017, 20:18
Did any one attend the march 9th session in the morning or afternoon. Would like to PM for a chat.

sarahsmout
12th Mar 2017, 14:34
Hi yes i was in the morning session.

Sharklet7
13th Mar 2017, 14:08
Just as a rough indication how many people were in your group? There was five in ours.

MaverickPrime
13th Mar 2017, 14:13
Think there was ten when I was there including morning and afternoon. Does anybody know when we will hear back?

Mia123
13th Mar 2017, 16:40
Has anyone heard anything back yet?
I still havent and Im starting to get worried?
Any rejections or offers?

lgwjrb
13th Mar 2017, 16:52
4 in my morning session (should've been 5) then another 5 in the afternoon session. It appears there was 4 days of ~10 a day. Maverick I think they said about 1-2 weeks.

MaverickPrime
13th Mar 2017, 19:05
I did ask on the day, but there was no specific answer. I can't remember for sure, but I think Flybe has to approve the successful people before they get an email?

EZY_FR
13th Mar 2017, 20:52
Maverick, FTE estimated we should hear back from them within 2-3 weeks. Also, I think you're right about Flybe having to approve the successful people first, since they will send the 8 best performing candidates to Flybe for verification.
Anyone here attend the afternoon slot on the 8th?

lgwjrb
13th Mar 2017, 21:01
Either that or FTE will give all the candidates that they'd be willing to take on the course and then FlyBe will take 8 from that.

I was morning of the 8th. So we probably would've met.

EZY_FR
13th Mar 2017, 21:21
Nah I'm sure one of the interviewers said they will only send the results of the top 8 performers to Flybe. Who knows?
We probably did! How did it go?

lgwjrb
14th Mar 2017, 01:50
Fair enough. I don't know. I was pretty much brain dead by the time of that Q&A. The only reason I suggested was because in the CityFlyer MPL - Stage 3 was just FTE, and they sent all the candidates who FTE would take to CF and then CF picked 12 to interview at Stage 4. I guess FTE and FlyBe are just condensing the process down a bit.

How did it go? No idea. The only thing that's let me down in previous assessments is the interview. I'm thinking it might be similar this time but who knows. Find out soon enough

westend
14th Mar 2017, 05:38
I had a pleasant conversation with the Manager of FTE at the end of my session on the 9th. From what I got is:
- 2-3 weeks before any information of the final candidates will be released. FTE will contact those candidates to make offers.
- FTE this time is making a lot more of the decision on who are going to be the final candidates, Flybe is taking a more hands off approach, therefore there is no stage 4 in the selection process.
- FTE will be contacting individual candidates in 2-3 weeks to provide individual feedback to them. Some of the candidates will be receiving offers for there whitetails progam which do not make the final cut for Flybe.
- Your results/performs will be good for 6 months, at which time you will need to retake the testing process.
- there were 10 candidates selected per day for evaluation for the 4 days
- FTE does not know if there will be another campaign in 2017 for a FTE/Flybe

In my case....as this was the first time for me to attend any pilot selection interview, I felt that all went well except the pilot aptitude test on the computer...that through me for a loop and most likely sunk me for the selection process. If I am given another opportunity, I will surely do much better next time as I will practice the aptitude test before attempting again.

The part which I found the most interesting was the group exercise, never have done that before...and it was interesting to see how the group came to the final conclusions.

Good Luck to you all.

MaverickPrime
14th Mar 2017, 08:38
Judging by what everyone who attended stage 3 is saying, I think it's safe to say we all have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the job. :cool:

westend
16th Mar 2017, 19:58
Q1: Does anyone here know if the financial commitment is paid in instalments/stages or a one time front end of ~GBP89?

Q2: From what I understand from FTE, the MPL program is to be conducted in pairs, that is why they always have even number of students. Does anyone know what happens if an individuals drops out (due to financial reasons or poor performance) during the process to the remaining cadet?

lgwjrb
16th Mar 2017, 21:09
Should be instalments. Their self sponsored ATPL is, and previous MPL schemes both from FTE and other FTOs have been too.

In response to Q2, not sure what would happen, I didn't even know that was how it worked tbh

MaverickPrime
17th Mar 2017, 15:36
Still no news? Just curious, I know everyone was told 2-3 weeks, but someone suggested to me it would be only a week.

lgwjrb
18th Mar 2017, 15:10
Nah. Nothing yet. It's only been 9 days for the people who went to the day on the Thursday so no real concern yet

ScotWings
18th Mar 2017, 15:13
DOn't know if it helps, but when I applied to the BA Cityflyer scheme last year (same process with FTE), i waited about 3 weeks for an answer after the assessment day

EZY_FR
20th Mar 2017, 14:12
Flybe got back to everyone 2 weeks after the assessments last year. Lets hope they can repeat that feat again this year :)

Mia123
20th Mar 2017, 21:33
Has anyone heard anything yet?
The suspense is immense!

lgwjrb
21st Mar 2017, 03:57
Nothing yet. I try not to think about it too much, when it happens it happens haha

westend
21st Mar 2017, 04:17
As they say...."Patience is a Virtue"

MaverickPrime
21st Mar 2017, 09:01
Every time I see a post in this thread or hear my email ping, my heart rate elevates :}

Mia123
21st Mar 2017, 17:43
I have a feeling we might not find out if we were successful until later this week even for the ones who interviewed on the 6/7th!
They'll probably let us know all together during thursday or friday!

Mia123
22nd Mar 2017, 14:41
Still no word guys? :ugh:
Might be worth emailing them?

lgwjrb
22nd Mar 2017, 17:53
I got a phone call but missed it. Then got an email telling me to call them back tomorrow morning. Immediately called them but couldn't get through.

Anyone else have something similar?

MaverickPrime
22nd Mar 2017, 19:14
No, all quiet keep us posted. Good luck!

sarahsmout
22nd Mar 2017, 20:03
No news for me either. I only know 1 person who got a phone call to say he's got accepted.

EZY_FR
22nd Mar 2017, 20:52
I know of one person that has been put on the reserve list, and one other that was meant to receive a call today. Could that have been you lgwjrb by any chance? :p

lgwjrb
22nd Mar 2017, 20:53
May well have been. Ill find out soon enough.

lgwjrb
22nd Mar 2017, 20:54
When I get off the phone just after 8am tomorrow I'll let you know 😂

MaverickPrime
23rd Mar 2017, 08:17
So how did the call go? :ok:

lgwjrb
23rd Mar 2017, 08:23
Not 1 of the lucky 8. But 3rd reserve. So still a chance.

MaverickPrime
23rd Mar 2017, 09:06
Well good work getting that at least! Do you think they will be offering any of the rest of us self sponsored places?

lgwjrb
23rd Mar 2017, 10:25
From what I could tell from the call, if you passed the FTE selection - aptitude etc - then they'd offer you a self-sponsored route

Mia123
23rd Mar 2017, 11:02
Do you know if they have contacted all of the 8?

westend
23rd Mar 2017, 11:08
So....from what I get from the thread is:

1. The top 8 candidates will receive slots from Flybe with FTE
2. The remaining candidates which passed the FTE standard will get reserve slots in order and also they will be offered self-sponsoured route (whitetail)
3. If you do not get anything, then you did not make the FTE minimum standard (schooling qualifications, test scores, aptitude, personality, etc....).

lgwjrb
23rd Mar 2017, 13:05
Pretty much. Though I think in order to get on the reserve list you need to meet FlyBe AND FTE standards

MaverickPrime
23rd Mar 2017, 18:36
To be fair, I think a lot of people will have passed the assessment, but it will be those who came out in the top 8 that got the places!

sarahsmout
23rd Mar 2017, 19:13
Has anyone heard yet who has been offered a place on the integrated course?

Mia123
24th Mar 2017, 11:09
Nope!
I emailed them and they said there contacting the applicants and everyone will know, the latest early next week.

EZY_FR
24th Mar 2017, 15:41
Didn't make the cut, but I did receive an offer to start a self sponsored course later this year. Gonna need to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Mia123
24th Mar 2017, 17:41
Same!
Do you think its worth taking?

westend
24th Mar 2017, 17:49
Unfortunately received a thank you letter, no joy here at the moment. Will try in the next round. This was my first pilot industry interview, learned at ton going through it. Will try again in the future.

sara98
24th Mar 2017, 17:54
When you say they offered you a self sponsored course later this year, what do you mean? Do you mean that the email you received state something like "If you are interested in continuing the selection process with FTEwe are happy for you to retake the PILAPT tests in 6 months"? Or does it state something different?

Mia123
24th Mar 2017, 18:03
Basically mine said I was unsuccessful for the Flybe Tagged course, but they would like to offer me a place on the self sponsored course and that there would no need for further testing.

Not sure if its worth taking though, as there are other places in the UK where you can get an fATPL for a lot less in price

MaverickPrime
24th Mar 2017, 19:06
PFO for me too. I've a gut feeling it's the RHS of a blue and yellow 737 that awaits me! :E

Congrats to those who got it and good luck to everyone else.

Iselbewohner
24th Mar 2017, 19:16
As fare as I am informed there are three possible outcomes after the assessment:

Good enough for FTE, good enough for flybe and chosen by flybe -> then you are one of the lucky 8 starting the scheme or you are on the waiting list.

Good enough for FTE but not for flybe -> you can start as an self-sponsored cadet at FTE without any further assessments

Not good enough for FTE nor flybe -> you can reapply at FTE in 6 month and do it all again.

For those also interested in other schemes currently open for applications, here is a list of cadet programs I came across on a quick online-research:

easyJet (CAE)
Indigo (CTC/CAE)
Wizzair (CTC)
WizzAir (BAA)
Smartlynx (BAA)
AIS Airlines/Eastern Airways (AIS Flightacademy)

in case you speak german

Airberlin (TFC Käufer)
Condor (TFC Käufer)
AeroLogic (TFC Käufer)
Austrian (LFT)
Swiss (SAT)

in case you speak spanish or italian

OSM Aviation Group (FTE)

all those academies, except for LFT and SAT, also offer self-sponsored training, for those considering that there are of course a lot more academies, e.g. bartoliniair and so on

Vinny91
25th Mar 2017, 16:23
Hello Iselbewohner
I am pretty interesting wheter or not our European could apply for
Indigo (CTC/CAE)cadet program.
thanks so much

Iselbewohner
25th Mar 2017, 19:31
I think you do not need to be a Indian citizen, you only need to be able to get a permit to live in India in order to apply at Indigo, but please don´t ask me how and where to get that permit

But to answer your question, as a European you should be able to apply there, because I know of Germans with a permit to live and work in India.

Vinny91
25th Mar 2017, 19:35
:ok: thanks so much!

sara98
25th Mar 2017, 19:40
Is it possible to apply to WizzAir with both CTC and BAA?

westend
25th Mar 2017, 21:41
Is it possible to apply to WizzAir with both CTC and BAA?

Sara...You may wish to ask this question in the wizz air thread.

sara98
25th Mar 2017, 21:47
I asked just because someone had mentioned it in the previous post but you are right westend, sorry!

LouisBA
3rd Jul 2017, 23:09
When I did it for the BA Cityflyer MPL, the assessment took about 4 hours.
Hi there, I was wondering if you might be able to give me an insight into what you were expected to do at you BA CityFlyer assessment day and what the tests/interviews entailed? Many thanks

777ES
31st Jul 2017, 07:58
The program is back for the second time this year, good luck everyone!
FTE | Selection Process (http://www.ftejerez.com/selection/?company=flybe)

WingsofRoffa
31st Jul 2017, 09:21
Salary would be horrific with that loan payment coming out..

mboqseif
31st Jul 2017, 12:58
It would be interesting to see what advice FTE can give you with finance options if any. I am not sure about last years version but I haven't seen anything on this regarding underwriting.

I am wondering about how they come up with prices for these things. Easyjet is £109000/124000 depending on route at least with CTC, I believe Cityflyer was £89000 ish and this one £91100 (the £100 i guess is important :) ) both at FTE

lgwjrb
31st Jul 2017, 13:49
Can't apply if you applied to one within the last 12 months. So even though I made the reserve list last time I've got no chance with this one 🤔

Chris the Robot
31st Jul 2017, 18:49
Interesting where they pitch this programme. With their short-haul operations (home more nights) and regional bases I could see Flybe appealing to the career changers with kids who'd be content to spend their career there. However the £91k for training and low starting salary would probably put a lot of them off. Perhaps many of their modular recruits are from that background?

I imagine the vast majority applying for this will be young folk with no commitments, a lot of whom ultimately want to end up flying jets. I don't know what the turnover is like at Flybe but their claims of a quick command despite relatively few airframe orders makes me think it's fairly high.

One thing for potential applicants for this programme to consider is that they've recently posted a £20m loss in a time when a lot of airlines are making a profit. How sustainable is this in the long run? OK if you're modular but if I was coughing up £91k, it'd be on my mind.

Speedbird148
14th Aug 2017, 12:53
Looks as though application window extended a week?

FlyVeryHigh-
14th Aug 2017, 13:32
Aye seen that myself. How are people going to finance this? Genuine question as I've applied. Thanks :)

angusr
14th Aug 2017, 14:46
Given that Flybe appear to have frozen their recruiting due to the recent losses, I'm not sure I would want to be spending that sort of money without a guarantee of a job at the end. Which they can't give due to the aforementioned freeze.

mboqseif
14th Aug 2017, 15:48
Are the application numbers a little low for this scheme? Towards the end of last week, I received an email from FTE saying that due to me not being successful with the city flyer scheme (I didn't actually finish the application so bit odd) that not to worry, I can still apply for other airline schemes and wondered if Flybe interested me

PA28161
15th Aug 2017, 10:52
angusr
It matters not one iota if an airline is in the black or the red. No ATO (CTC, FTE, Wingsalliance, et al) can guarantee you a job at the end of training. You pay your money and roll the dice

angusr
15th Aug 2017, 13:43
That is very true PA28161, although from my understanding, that is what these MPL schemes are effectively doing. Is it not?

Speaking as someone who has rolled his dice and still waiting for it to land somewhere, pardon the pun, I am merely questioning whether it would be a wise plan to spend so much on a course that ties you to a specific airline. Especially if they put a freeze on recruitment as appears to be the case at Flybe. Nothing wrong with the airline, just unfortunate timing.

Opportunities may be improving for low houred pilots but would you not be better to keep options as open as possible instead geared down one particular route?

Fostex
16th Aug 2017, 09:21
There have been cases in the past when the airline sponsoring the MPL went into recruitment freeze during the cadet training. This happened to a friend who was initially on a sponsored MPL with Monarch at CTC/L3. To their credit CTC/L3 arranged for the MPL to be transferred to EZY.

erpeor
24th Nov 2017, 00:08
FTEJerez | Selection Process (http://ftejerez.com/selection/?company=flybe)

Manouschka93
25th Nov 2017, 07:52
Flybe MPL scheme at GBP 91100 £ open again.
Anyone applying ?

FlyVeryHigh-
25th Nov 2017, 18:48
Let me just check down the back of my sofa as a last resort...

Would really love to start seeing some input from airlines in terms of funding!

liammc95
1st Dec 2017, 10:00
"If successful throughout the training at FTEJerez"

Is this just all first time passes or does anyone know if Flybe look for certain % in the ATPL exams?

FlyVeryHigh-
14th Dec 2017, 02:37
"If successful throughout the training at FTEJerez"

Is this just all first time passes or does anyone know if Flybe look for certain % in the ATPL exams?

I think historically they required their cadets to achieve at least a 90% avg ATPL score.

Bazza1904
17th Jun 2018, 11:05
Hi All,

I've got my assessment for the Flybe MPL FTE Jerez in just under 2 weeks in Exeter.
Has anyone got any useful advice about the day? What kind of physics do they test?
I'm expecting it to be a very challenging day!

Thanks!

04jharrison
17th Jun 2018, 13:34
Where’re you traveling from Bazza? I’m also heading to Exeter On the Tuesday, would be grateful for any info!

Does anyone know the rough decision turn around timings? And whether taking this assessment rules you out of the BA CityFlyer process?

Cheers :)

Bazza1904
18th Jun 2018, 20:14
Hi Harrison,

I'll be travelling from Doncaster. I wish I did have info, this will be my first time doing FTE assessments too so don't know what to expect either!
I've done L3/CTC assessments but not sure how similar it will be.

Regarding your other questions, I have no clue I'm afraid!! ;)

04jharrison
10th Jul 2018, 09:38
Anyone heard anything as of yet? 😬😅

Bazza1904
10th Jul 2018, 09:53
Anyone heard anything as of yet? 😬😅

Nothing!!! I emailed them to ask when, but they haven’t replied! I can’t stand this🤔😂

04jharrison
10th Jul 2018, 10:59
Nothing!!! I emailed them to ask when, but they haven’t replied! I can’t stand this🤔😂

Absolute torture! I would’ve thought that if you’d have failed though the software would’ve noted right away and they would tell you! So hopefully it’s good news!

Bazza1904
10th Jul 2018, 15:15

Yeah true at least we aren’t straight out the door hahah! And it’s Spain, everything is manãna I learned that very well during my time there😂

Bazza1904
11th Jul 2018, 15:34
Yeah true at least we aren’t straight out the door hahah! And it’s Spain, everything is manãna I learned that very well during my time there😂

Let me know as soon as you hear anything!!!

04jharrison
13th Jul 2018, 12:48
Tried to call a couple times this week but the recruitment team were unavailable, torture! 😭

04jharrison
13th Jul 2018, 14:47
Just got my email for next stage! 😄 Hopefully everyone should be receiving theirs too!

Bazza1904
13th Jul 2018, 16:09
Just got my email for next stage! 😄 Hopefully everyone should be receiving theirs too!

That’s awesome news!!! Congrats mate! I didn’t get through, absolutely gutted and no feedback which is even worse considering I thought I smashed it!
Go for it and I wish you all the best!!👊

04jharrison
13th Jul 2018, 18:49
That’s awesome news!!! Congrats mate! I didn’t get through, absolutely gutted and no feedback which is even worse considering I thought I smashed it!
Go for it and I wish you all the best!!👊

A dude so sorry to hear that! But cheers and good luck with the next one!! I’ve heard rumours re easy jet and Virgin Atlantic so some more should open up soon! Fingers crossed :)

Iker_18
22nd Jul 2018, 08:44
Hello guys, who will i be seeing next Wednesday on the assessment days in Jerez?

04jharrison
22nd Jul 2018, 15:21
I’m heading down to Exeter on Monday if that’s what you mean?

Chris4
27th Jul 2018, 14:59
Has anyone heard anything back from FTE/Flybe? I've just got an email from FTE saying that I will receive news early next week, not sure if that's good, bad or neutral!?

04jharrison
27th Jul 2018, 15:37
Same here! Was really hoping to know for the weekend 🙈 fingers crossed it’s good news!

Chris4
30th Jul 2018, 15:49
I've just been told that I'm a reserve, which is tbf how I felt the interview went, quite well but not the best. Well done to those successful! Was it around 6 or 8 cadets that they are taking? And does anyone know roughly how many were interviewed?

04jharrison
30th Jul 2018, 17:33
I’ve just got my email, reserve candidate too. Was hoping for better news, but hopefully it’ll change. Have they said anything about their reserve process? I’m surprised it wasn’t a phone call at this stage also, considering the extent and cost of the process to date. Fingers crossed though still I guess!

04jharrison
7th Aug 2018, 23:24
I've just been told that I'm a reserve, which is tbf how I felt the interview went, quite well but not the best. Well done to those successful! Was it around 6 or 8 cadets that they are taking? And does anyone know roughly how many were interviewed?

Hey Chris,

have you you heard anything more since? I’ve emailed but no response as of yet as to how we proceed on the ‘reserve’ list.

Chris4
16th Sep 2018, 17:55
Is anyone else starting 15th October?

Graveney
8th May 2019, 14:30
Hi all,

Is anyone currently at Jerez and would be willing to share what it’s like?

I’ll be joining in June and I’m looking for some more info !

cheers

plane-driver
9th May 2019, 06:34
Hi all,

cheers
I would go get a real license for half the cost and get a job with them afterwards

Graveney
9th May 2019, 10:23
I would go get a real license for half the cost and get a job with them afterwards

Great addition

04jharrison
10th May 2019, 12:26
Hi all,

cheers

here now any Qs just pm me! 🙂

lmck95
30th May 2019, 08:15

What do you mean by this?

Banana Joe
31st May 2019, 07:28
MPL is a muppet license. That's what he means.