PDA

View Full Version : BAC Express

CityLiving
8th Jul 2002, 15:43
Did anyone out there get an interview for the BAC Express self-sponsored F27 course? If so, could you let me know what you had in terms of hours and experience? I sent off my CV (300 hrs, fATPL) and got a prompt, but polite, no thanks!

wanajob
9th Jul 2002, 11:54
Sorry I didn't get an interview either. 1600 Hours, ATPL.

worzel
10th Jul 2002, 07:44
There must be a lot of people out there willing to pay £11 000 for a F27 type rating. Just shows how desparate we are.

The Potter
10th Jul 2002, 13:42
You are possibly the lucky ones if you did not get an interview with us. We are charging people up to £11500 for both F27 and SD360 courses but whether or not there are jobs at the end of it remains to be seen. Put it this way - we are refusing to put in writing that upon successful completion of your course you have a contract of employment!

With regards to the F27 there are people out there with F27 ratings who got binned by various jet operators last year, after the Sept. 11th atrocities. They can now be offered their old jobs back with us. The job market will pick up guys and gals and when it does you really will be able to fly for a company that isn't a complete rip off. I know that it is a very long wait but it is less devastating when you don't have an £11500 loan on top of your other debts.

Gin Slinger
10th Jul 2002, 14:12
If you read the thread on BAC Express in Reporting Points, some posts imply that this 'recruitment drive' might be due to internal politics as much as anything else.