PDA

View Full Version : Weird or what!!??

Cornish Jack
2nd Feb 2017, 13:48
HPxw4600 Workstation, W7 64bit, 8Gb RAM etc.
Due to domestic logistics, I have, until today, been connected to the router via ethernet cable. Have now moved the router and gone to wifi with a Realtek 802.11 b/g/n adaptor. All works fine except that on the taskbar there is a replica signal strength indicator (in addition to the proper one) which, when you mouse-hover over it, shows "UK Government Department for Work and Pensions (RealtekRTL8192EU Wireless, GB Internet Access"
Right clicking on it doesn't offer anything and I can't find any method of deleting it. I have no idea what it indicates and, other than SWMBO having spent some time recently on their website doing her tax return, I don't understand what its purpose is.
Any thoughts, please, anyone - particularly how to get rid of it?
TIA

Procrastinus
2nd Feb 2017, 19:47
You can hide it by right click on the taskbar > Properties > Taskbar > Notification Area Customize Set offending icon to Hide Icon and Notifications.
However, how to 'delete' it, I am not so sure!

Cornish Jack
2nd Feb 2017, 22:37
Procrastinus - please accept lots of 'thank yous' - got it in one!!:D The offending icon has been dispatched to icon oblivion and yet another little quirk of the Windows system been revealed.:ok: