PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight...Info please..?

spitfire747
8th Jul 2002, 14:29
Just looking seriously at doing the modular CPL and IR parts at Multiflight and i just wondered if anyone had any experience with them. The website and literature is nice and colourful and glossy, but i have learnt before you should never judge a book by its cover.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers, Spitty

foghorn
8th Jul 2002, 14:43
E-mail me. I did both at Multiflight and would recommend them to anyone.

A and C
8th Jul 2002, 14:53
I dont know about the flying side of the company but when I was looking for an aircraft they were the only company who sent me a compleat statment of the aircraft maintenance state with all the AD,s/SB,s listed.

My overall impression was of a very switched on set-up.

Gin Slinger
8th Jul 2002, 20:00
Malcolm Dean, are your ears burning? ;)

r200biggles
8th Jul 2002, 21:27
I did my PPL through them on one of their Robin 200's (hence my username), and I would definately recommend them. I would definately do my ATPL training through them if I had the money! I still fly through them now, they are very professional and friendly.

mad_jock
8th Jul 2002, 22:18
If you go and visit the school (which i would highly recommend)

Nip down the road to Leeds Flyings School its only about 10mins walk away.

I must admit i prefered being able to log the twins hours instead of using the FNPT II. I ain't been on a FNPT or sim yet which has the bend in the NDB approach programmed into it for leeds.

MJ

foghorn
9th Jul 2002, 09:27
You're dead right about the bend in the LBA RW32 NDB approach - Andy (Multiflight CFI / IRI) plotted it several times with me flying when I was there last year, the needle never left the inbound track (honest guv), but we still did a big dog leg every time.

Gin Slinger
9th Jul 2002, 10:52
PP - I'm sure if you slip Multiflight enough dosh, they'll see their way clear to drop the MCC and FIC just for you ;)

GuyS
9th Jul 2002, 11:18
Yes, if you go and visit them I'm sure they will explain one of the bonuses of the Modular route is you can do as little or as much as you like with each FTO. They would be more than happy to just do the CPL/IR with you or even just one of these I'm sure.

I have just finished my PPL there and would also recommend them having spent time talking to the CPL and IR students and chatting to the instructors.

VFE
9th Jul 2002, 12:18
PP,

I think you'll find that the MCC is not included in the ab-initio price. Also, what is an FIC rating? Never heard of that - maybe I should've though!

Thanks and good luck,

VFE.

fonawah
9th Jul 2002, 12:46
Hi Spitfire747,
This contribution may not be helpfull. I just wanted to say that I too will be attending Multiflight next month to attain my PPl then on to CPL/IR.May see you there. Good luck to you

mad_jock
9th Jul 2002, 15:43
FIC stands for Flying Instructor Course.