PDA

View Full Version : Air Belgium, new airline starting up in june

luchtzak
1st Feb 2017, 13:58
Air Belgium just released its livery: http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/air-belgium/stunning-livery-airbus-a340/

Startup expected next June with A340: http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/air-belgium/niky-terzakis-air-belgium-founder-in-an-interview-with-la-libre-belgique/

RAT 5
1st Feb 2017, 14:11
Air Belgium was a charter airline in 90's. Is there a connection?

Hotel Tango
1st Feb 2017, 14:16
I'll believe it when I see it! Me cynical? YES!

PAXboy
1st Feb 2017, 14:25
Well, a computer painted image is not an airline. Obviously has big ambitions, if starting with 340s...

luchtzak
1st Feb 2017, 14:40
Air Belgium was a charter airline in 90's. Is there a connection?

Not at all.

G-ARZG
1st Feb 2017, 14:43
Headed up by former MD of TNT Liege, so not necessarily a pipedream...

crewmeal
1st Feb 2017, 17:31
Plenty of 340's in mothballs, so guess they'll come cheap. Running them is something else.

davidjohnson6
1st Feb 2017, 17:50
Article mentions a desire to co-operate in future with Brussels airlines. I'm wondering how Lufthansa would view this against their existing Asian long haul operations from Frankfurt

Hotel Tango
1st Feb 2017, 18:39
Article mentions a desire to co-operate in future with Brussels airlines.

Not unusual for "new" start-ups to release a rosy outlook to the press about future co-operations and, of course, fleet expansion. After all, they have to appear to be serious. Most of the time the reality is something else.

Harry Wayfarers
1st Feb 2017, 20:21
Article mentions a desire to co-operate in future with Brussels airlines.

Well going back in history airline Sobelair worked in cooperation with one or more of the bigger boys so history may repeat itself!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobelair

Hotel Tango
1st Feb 2017, 21:48
Yes, but Sobelair was already a well established carrier by then. This new venture hasn't even got off the ground yet. So let's wait and see.

AerRyan
1st Feb 2017, 22:35
Who's financing this?

Economically it seems like a great way to slaughter millions and millions of euro.

jensdad
2nd Feb 2017, 00:16
Going off on a tangent here, but could they not come up with a more inspiring name?

El Bunto
2nd Feb 2017, 06:56
Plenty of 340's in mothballs, so guess they'll come cheap. Running them is something else. Also the only real option for a non-wetleased start-up these days, as everything else needs carrier ETOPS approval. If they're still operating in two years' time then they can submit their paperwork and pick-up some cheap A330s.

Evanelpus
2nd Feb 2017, 08:26
Well, a computer painted image is not an airline. Obviously has big ambitions, if starting with 340s...

Is the Guvnor out then?:ouch:

Hotel Tango
2nd Feb 2017, 08:57
Going off on a tangent here, but could they not come up with a more inspiring name?

If they are serious then I would say that as a Belgian carrier wishing to attract a market for flying from and to Belgium, I'd say Air Belgium pretty much fits the bill! Although it would be novel, I don't think Moules et Frites Airlines would quite have the same impact! ;)

Harry Wayfarers
2nd Feb 2017, 16:30
I don't think Moules et Frites Airlines would quite have the same impact!

Or Air Dog **** :)