PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough '02

wow400
8th Jul 2002, 14:03
Anyone got any ideas for accommodation at this years Farnborough - looking for a place to stay on the Sat night as I'm helping out over the public weekend and it looks like most the B&B's are chocka! Am ex-mil if that makes any difference! :D
Any help gratefully received!
Wow

Jackonicko
9th Jul 2002, 01:00
Apprentices hostel just outside D gate is very cheap and open to anyone with the initiative to suss it, or always used to be. I'll be in ***** comfort, however!

EESDL
9th Jul 2002, 12:41
Do you mind 'singing for your supper'?
A company I do freelance flying for has got the contract for the air-taxi work. They are always on the lookout for personnel to use as 'door openers'. Saying that, the weekend is normally very busy with Pleasure Flying so do not know if you'll be able to slink off much!

wow400
9th Jul 2002, 16:26
Cheers guys - I'm actually helping run the British Airways mobile sim (anyone fancy a laugh in a basic 73 sim?!) over the weekend and am trying to find a room for me & the missus (she'll feed me & keep me otherwise occupied I guess).
Where do the operating crews stay - is there a mess there?
Thanks again
Wow

newswatcher
10th Jul 2002, 07:51
Wow400,

There is still some availability at the Frimley Park, from £85/room and Holiday Inn Guildford. You will have to move fast! Try

http://www.expedia.co.uk

and search for Aldershot.