PDA

View Full Version : Gandalf in Italy - What's the deal now?

Lavdumperer
8th Jul 2002, 13:33
Looks like Gandalf's route structure and fleet types are changing by the minute... Now I see that it operates Embraer 135s out of Pisa - is that true or is that a codeshare? Plus, looks like they have a number of scattered routes throughout Italy - flying down to Sicily out of Rome. I thought Bergamo was their primary hub?

Can anyone update me on what is happening at Gandalf? Are the pilots happy? How do they like their D328Jets - or now their EMB135s? What is the situation there? Is Obi Wan Kirk still out there to help answer some of these questions? Any opinions from current or former Gandalf pilots?

Cheers

Obi Wan Kirk
13th Jul 2002, 07:48
I am still here!

I spoke to a fiend of mine yesterday who is a Training Captain with Gandalf and this is the latest news:

Captain Lucioli is the new Flight Ops Manager and with his Roman style has brought a hostile environment to the compnay. The two Chief pilots are former air taxi Captains with NO airline experience and very arrogant personalities. The three combined are doing a good job of making people leave and making things a real mess. People complained when Captain Lilla was the Manager, but at least he had good people's skills. He now flies for Silvio Berlusconi.

Route wise they have started a base in Treviso and opened new routes where they carry between 0 to 1 pax per flight. The marketing department seems to get worse. The company is losing money like crazy. Di Fazio, Gozzini & co., who founded the airline, left last year and made their money. It suprises me Gandalf still exists.

This friend of mine is looking for a job elsewhere as there is too much confusion and incompetence in the whole airline.

Ciao,

Obi Wan Kirk